Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2006, 02:50 AM
Admiral

Default Singles cruise reviews- attention Pat Hagan

Any chance we can start another catagory under Ship Reader reviews called Singles Cruise Reviews?

This way singles can compare different agencys and thier experiance with them, as well as how the cruise itself, ports and the ship. I would love to read in detail what people thought about their singles cruise, how big the group was, what activitys were offered for the group, how many new friendships were formed, love connections etc...

I posted a cruise review about my last cruise but left out the singles details about the agency I booked with and the special singles activitys because I don't feel the average reader wants to read that. I would like to see a special catagory as this will encourage more singles to try a singles cruise.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Passenger

What a great idea !! You have my vote !!
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

If we get enough comments on this we will do it - let me ask you this way. Is there any reason why you cannot just do it within this message board? Just create a message topic called "Singles cruise review" and post it like any other message.

Or it could be a separate message board - but this is already "discuss singles cruising" so if you do a review that what you are doing"

Or it could be a completely separate format from the message boards - more like our reader reviews. My only concern would be that we create a separate section like that and no one actually uses it to post their reviews.

Old April 27th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Admiral

Well Paul,
My idea is to create a seperate forum under reader reviews titled Singles Cruise Reviews.

I think this would encourage more people to join singles cruises.Many people do not know how to book a singles cruise or find one. They book a normal cruise and are lonely for lack of single people.

Also a lot of people, sadly get divorced or become widowed, I have noticed a lot of aprehension in trying a singles cruise, especially shareing a cabin with a stranger. I took a chance on my first, I got lucky, and the friends I meet on that first cruise lead me to book 2 more singles cruises, but now I know my cabin mates already. My list of friends around the country grows with each new trip.

I think there are so many normal reviews under reader reviews the singles cruise reviews if mixed in would go unnoticed by most, as so many posts get added our posts would move far down on the list. Not so if we have our own forum.!

I for one would write a special review for the 2 cruises I've already done and the one I have planned for October. I know Lucy will contribute. So you would have a perspective from 2 ladies in two different age groups. Lucy is my friend too by the way, as I have met her in December on Costa and she will be on the Pride with us in October. I think Beetlegator will contribute, and I will spread the word to others if you do create a special forum for us singles.

I know some people have horror stories, those are the same folks who complain about everything and expect far too much, but I hope those of us who have a glass half full attitude can convince others that singles cruises are a great way to make same sex friends and possibly find a little romance. I myself got pretty lonely for lack of unmarried friends untill I took a chance and Im so grateful that I did!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old April 27th, 2006, 07:34 AM
First Mate

I believe Showcat has an excellent idea.

Before I started cruising was looking for Single Cruise Reviews on Yahoo and Google only to have the search engine send me to Cruising for Love, Single Cruise, Vacations to Go, etc. their sites are find for buying single cruise but I want to read a "Trip Report" that experienced the cruise by a single who went with a group. If these singles sites do post reviews it's positive in nature, I want a non-bias real look and I believe that Cruisemates can start the trend.

After I do my cruise next month I hope to post an lenghty honest review of my single experience so future travellers can get an idea what to expect.
Old April 27th, 2006, 10:35 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
If we get enough comments on this we will do it - let me ask you this way. Is there any reason why you cannot just do it within this message board? Just create a message topic called "Singles cruise review" and post it like any other message . . .
It will not work and I will tell you why.

It's not a topic that will fade with time it's more like information which potential single cruisers need to evaluate cruiselines, travel agencies, ports of call and different single groups that put together cruises.

Though I have learned alot reading trip reports from couples, families and groups of people it hard to find individual single (male/female) trip reports . . . trust me I looked.

Cruisemates need to set the trend!!!
Old April 29th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Passenger

Hi everybody! It's me Lucy!!! I just got back from a wonderful land trip to Niagra Falls on the Canadian side and I also visited Ottawa, Canada. I had a great time and it felt as if I was on a cruise ship.

WE DO NEED A CRUISE REVIEW SECTION FOR SINGLES ONLY because.......
1. If we post our cruise reviews on our singles message board.....they get lost with time and some new members don't know how to look for the Singles cruise reviews. It is a lot of work going back to try to find the singles cruise reviews. Most singles want answers NOW! because most of us are super busy people.

2. It would be soooo easy just to go to the Singles Cruise reviews section and read our experiences as Singles.

3. There are some lousy, not well organized Single Cruise Agencies and people need to be warned about those leaders of those Singles group. I know of one Singles group that I would not recommend unless you are willing to have "pot luck" and go with the flow of a disaster cruise time. I have had the experience of a lousy cruise by a Singles group and I have also had a fantastic time with a great well organized Singles group.

4. I have created a group of single friends that will be cruising together on the Carnival Pride on Oct.29th with Vacationstogo.com Hosted Singles. We are going to have fun, fun, fun. There are six of us compatiable singles going on this cruise and most likely will make more friends to cruise with in the future. We love to cruise and it is more fun when you know some of the cruisers.

5. I have tried cruising with a group of cruisers that was organized by a website for families and anybody that wanted to cruise with the group. We
all met at one party and I never saw them again. They were very nice people and knew who I was but they had their own family friends to travel with. I was left in the dust.lol. I had to find my own activities.

6. I highly think we should have our own Singles cruise review section so any time someone wants to know about a Singles cruise that happened in the past they will know what to expect in future cruises. Lucy
Old May 1st, 2006, 11:48 AM
Yeoman

I tend to agree with (Captain) Paul Motter that we could just have a "Singles Cruise Reviews" heading in this message board; however, what is decided will be fine with me. I just go with the flow.