Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Passenger

Default Important to book a pre-cruise hotel because.....

I have already booked for a cruise, air, and hotel for my New Years cruise.
I first book the cruise, then I book the air, and lastly I book the hotel.

Prices have gone up on Holidays for hotels and they get booked right away.
I was lucky to find a great rate for the Marriot in Miami. Lots of my favorite hotels were already booked up. I didn't want to stay in a dumpy hotel and pay top dollar. Lucky I decided to book now for my pre-cruise hotel.

Here is the reason for booking directly with the hotel way in advance. I had the experience of cruising in Dec. 06, when a hurricane had done great damage to the hotel I had chosen for my pre-cruise. I was able to cancel without a penalty and chose a much better hotel that wasn't damaged by the hurricane in Fort Lauderdale. They were without electricity for weeks. That created mildew and bugs for a lot of the hotels.
Airlines also got stuck in bad weather during winter. That is another reason to book a pre-cruise hotel.
If you are cruising with a Singles group... most of them have pre-cruise parties the day before the cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:53 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Important to book a pre-cruise hotel because.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luci
I have already booked for a cruise, air, and hotel for my New Years cruise.
I first book the cruise, then I book the air, and lastly I book the hotel.

Prices have gone up on Holidays for hotels and they get booked right away.
. .
Great information, Luci.

The most important reason (I believe) to get a pre-cruise hotel is the possibly that your plane, train or car travel might be delayed by a couple of hours. With that said, it's also important to get cruise insurance just in case you miss the boat.
Old May 11th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Admiral

Beetlegator,

The most important reason (I believe) to get a pre-cruise hotel is the possibly that your plane, train or car travel might be delayed by a couple of hours. With that said, it's also important to get cruise insurance just in case you miss the boat.

Paradoxically, it's the people who planned to fly to the port of embarkation a day or two early who "missed the boat" on my last cruise (MV Mercury, Mexican Riviera, 11 nights, 13 February 2006). A snowstorm disrupted flights in the northeast on Saturday (11th) and Sunday (12th), and the flights out of the affected airports on Monday (13th) were so full that the passengers whose flights had been cancelled over the weekend could not get on. Thus, over two hundred people embarked in Cabo San Lucas on Wednesday (15th) and Mazatlan on Thursday (16th) while those of us who had booked flights on Monday (13th) embarked in San Diego that day, as planned.

Of course, this is probably a real abberation. Booking flights to the port of embarkation a couple days early usually assures that one has time to deal with any disruptions and still embark at the start of the cruise.

Norm.