Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Default Christmas cruising for Singles

My first cruise was at Christmas time. A single friend invited me to go cruising with her. I just loved it. I have cruised many times right on Christmas and it was great. I am a" bah-hum bug" person who has gotten tired of shopping for Christmas gifts that are not appreciated because my family members are prosperous and have everything they need. So I just like to get away from my family at Christmas time. It doesn't bother me at all when I see generations of families on cruise ships at Christmas time. I truly enjoy being around the festive mood set by the ships and festive people.
I would really like and wish that the Singles Cruise groups would plan a Singles Christmas cruise. It would be fun, fun, fun, for us singles.

I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO PLAN A CHRISTMAS CRUISE BECAUSE NOBODY IS INTERESTED. MAYBE NEXT YEAR?? Luci
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Passenger

I've always wanted to try a Christmas cruise. My Mom and I are leaving this Saturday on the NCL Dawn. It should be a great trip, I'm leaving the kids home and it'll be us gals. Maybe while I'm on board I'll book my next one and it'll (hopefully) be for Christmas time!

Cheryl

Celebrity Horizon '92
Norweign Dawn '07
"hoping for a lot more!!"
Old June 15th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Passenger

Hi Cherie, let me know how you like the NCL Dawn since I will be cruising on it on Sept. 16th. Canada/New England cruise with my guy friend.
Old June 16th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Passenger

I am thinking of planning a Christmas cruise for us singles who are interested. We can all book it through Vacationstogo.com
I have a favorite agent who can plan it for us.
Look at Fast Deal # 10134, RCL - Monarch of the Seas, leaving out of Los Angeles Port on Dec. 22nd to Dec. 27th. It's a 5 day cruise. Prices are $489. for an insider, $589.00 with a window. I don't know what single suppliment costs. But I can find out.
It goes to Catalina Island, San Diego, and Ensenada, Mexico. This is a great ship for dancing if you love to dance. They also have a great Latino band and also salsa dance lessons. The food is great!! The shows are good!!!
The weather will be nice in L.A. It will be warm in Mexico.
I love this ship.
Is anybody interested in going with a small group of us singles?
We can have fun, fun, fun, hanging out together.
So..... who is interested? Yes or maybe? Let me know so I can plan it with a VTG Agent. I am not an agent but I know how to plan activities since I used to be a leader of a Singles Group in Los Angeles for a few years. Luci
Old June 17th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Passenger

I also want to add that if you have a favorite travel agent and feel more comfortable booking with them it is okay too. My goal is for some of us Singles is for us to be together at Christmas time as a group. Luci
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've always avoided cruising at Christmastime for 2 reasons - fares are high, and there are lots of kids and families.

I've found the first 2 wks. of December to be very single friendly.

Shelby
Old June 19th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
I've always avoided cruising at Christmastime for 2 reasons - fares are high, and there are lots of kids and families.

I've found the first 2 wks. of December to be very single friendly.

Shelby
My point, exactly, and that is the reason agencies don't schedule Christmas singles cruises. However, if you have your own group of singles, you might enjoy it, but the fares are higher then. The bargains are in the first two weeks of Christmas...particularly the week before.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:31 AM
StephenAGoreJr

I am going the week after turkey day from nov 26-dec 3rd. i hope to see a lot of ladies.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Passenger

Yes, it is a little more expensive when you cruise at Christmas time but it is worth every penny because it is fun, fun, fun, for me. I love being around families. It gives me joy to see the children having fun. I love to watch them eat. They are soooo cute. I make lots of friends with all ages on cruise ships. I love watching people and communicating with them. I am a social butterfly.

I don't mind cruising on the first few weeks before Christmas with a Singles group. BUT.... I also love to cruise on Christmas week. That is my personality. There must be some other singles like myself who don't have much of a family to hang out with on Christmas week. I have to rely on friends to plan activities for Christmas week. I would rather be cruising with a Singles group.
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Yeoman

I'm currently searching for a cruise to take around the Christmas holiday myself. Single and in need of a *good* cabinmate

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old June 25th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Passenger

There is still time to make plans for Christmas week. Since I live in Calif. I have chosen a ship that is in L.A. It will be easy just to drive to the port and park your car in the parking lot or take a Supper Shuttle to the port.

I think that singles who live in Calif. and Arizona, will be able to drive to the L.A. Port.

We only need a small group of us singles to have fun together. The ship has great dancing places, great food, great service, and is fun, fun, fun.

Hey gwyDiana, I will keep you on my list for this trip. Maybe more singles will show up later. Lots of Singles right now are having fun in their summer trips and are not thinking about Christmas right now. So I plan to wait until I see how many more people are interested. I am sure you will meet someone who needs a roomie. Lets hope for the best. I would truly love to go on this four day cruise to Catalina Island, Ca., San Diego, and Ensenada, Mexico.
Who else may be interested in this cruise?
Old June 25th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Yeoman

Luci,

since I live in San Diego, that cruise doesn't exactly spark my interest. To take a cruise that starts out in LA and visits San Diego as a port of call doesn't make much sense to me. However, the dates are perfect for my Christmas vacation.

I would love to expore a singles Christmas cruise to Bermuda, the Bahamas, Aruba, etc.

Old June 25th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Passenger

My main goal is to travel cheap at Christmas time. It doesn't matter if I see the same ports that I have already seen several times. I just want to have the Christmas ship experience and the ports are not important. Luci
Old June 25th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luci
Diana, On my last singles cruise on the Monarch there was a single guy from San Diego who took three of us gals on a tour of San Diego and Hotel Del Coronado. He ended up dating one of the gals after the cruise was over.

We could pick up on some guys to tour San Diego.

My main goal is to travel cheap at Christmas time. It doesn't matter if I see the same ports that I have already seen several times. I just want to have the Christmas ship experience and the ports are not important. Luci

Luci,

My name is actually Kathy, Gwydiana is a nickname and would be abbreviated to Gwyd, should you wish to use it

The "picking up of guys" to tour San Diego is truly not my style, but all the more power to ya, and to your day of fun! San Diego is a beautiful city (I grew up here) and you will have an absolute blast, of that I'm certain!

Your travel goal for Christmas is certainly reasonable and attainable. Again, I'll bet that you have a great time!

The very best of luck to you in organizing that trip

Old June 26th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Passenger

Being on a singles cruise is a lot of fun nomatter what date or holiday it is on and I hope some of you singles will consider the Monarch of the Seas ship for Christmas. It is not an expensive cruise.
"Picking up guys" is a term I use just to state that hanging around nice guys is normal for me. It just means having a nice day together. I enjoy the company of guys whatever age, religion or interests they many have. I hope people understand that I am just wanting to have a fun day riding around with a group of single males and females. I also grew up in San Diego and it is a beautiful city to explore by car. Luci
Old June 26th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Beginner

Hi there!
I´m cruising for my first time in Christmas.
It´s the first cruise from Buenos Aires to Rio of December, and the only one with availability. So, it´s my chance to go... hehe

Reading your posts, I understand that Christmas time is for families and kids... even on a cruise.
I expect to find some single sugs from late twenties to early thirties... according to your experience, it seems hard to find...

But I still hope that, as is the first cruise from Buenos Aires of december (and on december there is just another one of New Year´s eve), I can find some sinlges...

There are a few Costa cruises more on January and February, but they are all taken.

Hope to read your thoughts soon!

Rosamunda
Old June 26th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Yeoman

You did not say which ship you are cruising and whether you are going totally alone. I don't recommend Christmas for singles unless you are in a group due to so many families being onboard. I've heard too many sad stories about people who said they had never felt so alone in their life. Try to take someone with you.
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Yeoman

Old June 27th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Beginner

Thanks for your reply Pat!
Sorry for my lack of info

I´m travelling on Costa Romántica (the only cruise that I´ve found from Bruenos Aires), on 23/12 and I´m going with my father and mother (60-something both), and my brother (23). Both of us are singles.

As this is a "family reunion" I cannot go with friends or something... Hope you can give me an advice on how to manage this!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Old June 27th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Passenger

Ola, Rosamunda, you are going to have fun, fun, fun. Lots of Latinos will be on that cruise. I am positive you will make fast friends with other singles.
You will have fun escaping your parents after dinner time. You will have lots of fun dancing and meeting other people of all ages. Chao, Luci
Old July 10th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Beginner

I'm a single guy, late 20's going on the cruise that Luci mentioned. I'm going with family, so I'm hoping to find more single people that are going so I've got someone to spend time with. So if you're looking for people, I'm already there.
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Yeoman

Hi, that is great news that you are cruising with your family on the Monarch of the Seas. I am cruising on the Monarch this coming Monday, July 15th,06, with a friend. I love the Monarch because it is a lot of fun. They have lots of activities.
I will post a cruise review on this singles message board when I return.
SEA YOU, Candiee
Old July 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Yeoman

Ya know, Luci, I've been looking for a Christmas cruise for a few weeks now and have determined that all the cruiselines have marked their prices up for THAT WEEK by 25% and more!

I think I'll just stay home this Xmas