Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Yeoman

kinda funny how dan keeps double/triple posting

Heather and I are staying at the Best Western Bayside Inn both Thursday and Friday night. I used my Costco discount so we managed to get an upper level Ocean View room and therefore can sit on the balcony and watch our ship come in

All day long Friday, we'll be terrorizing the San Diego Zoo but that night we are planning on doing dinner in the Gaslamp District, which is within walking distance from that Hotel. Star of the Seas and Anthony's are both very close to the hotel and have absolutely terrific food.

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM
First Mate

Glad you got the plans!!! You are the tourguide!!!! Ok, I was told I have to see the QE???? Is that right, something about a tour and ghosts??? Am I quoting this right. Something about that line watching our ship come in. Isn't that a song??
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Yeoman

I have no idea what the QE is and the ghosts are supposedly located in the Hotel del Coronado across the bay.

It's about a 20 minute drive over a bridge. Not sure if we'd have time and/or energy when you get in on Thursday but I'd be happy to take you there if you are interested. It's a great old hotel!

http://www.hoteldel.com/

Old July 19th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Beginner

I used to live in San Diego so familiar with the terraine. I think I'm going to book on this cruise and be there Friday night as well. It will be fun to meet prior to setting sail!
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Passenger

gwydian do you work part time for the San Diego Travel & Tourism

I forgot to tell you gwy that you had me freaking laughing out loud with you THWACK comment to Dave the Wave funny as hell
Smile don't wear yourself out before you get on the ship; let us wear you out. Did I just say that
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Yeoman

Born and raised here. 44 years in North San Diego county qualifies me as a semi-expert, I think

Still trying to figure out what Heather is referring to with the "QE" comment.... I have no idea what that could be

Old July 19th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlysinglechick
I used to live in San Diego so familiar with the terraine. I think I'm going to book on this cruise and be there Friday night as well. It will be fun to meet prior to setting sail!
that would be awesome to meet you! If you want to come in early Friday, we'd love to have you join us for the San Diego Zoo. But if you come in later, dinner will be great! the more the merrier!

Old July 19th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Beginner

Sounds awesome...count me in! (for dinner at least)
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Passenger

Dinner sounds good to J & I too!
However being from Chicago we are deprived of 2 retaurants you have out on the west coast and we plan on hitting both of them if they are in or near San Diego.
Jack in the Box for the nutritous deep-fried tacos and of course IN an Out Burger!
Yep when we travel we only dine in style!
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmandan
Dinner sounds good to J & I too!
However being from Chicago we are deprived of 2 retaurants you have out on the west coast and we plan on hitting both of them if they are in or near San Diego.
Jack in the Box for the nutritous deep-fried tacos and of course IN an Out Burger!
Yep when we travel we only dine in style!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!~!!!!!

Old July 19th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Yeoman

Anthony's Fish Grotto is my first choice of restaurants. They can accommodate a larger group with their awesome outside patio right on the water.

The food is the best to be had

http://www.gofishanthonys.com/grottomenus.html

Old July 19th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Passenger

Okay fine no Jack in the Box or In & Out Burger...
....do you have Big Kahuna Burger out there? 8)
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:25 PM
First Mate

Ok, to answer all these questions, too remember it all. OK, everybody is welcome for dinner!!! We are not going where those 2 men want to go though, gross!!! I don't eat fish, love shrimp. That hotel looks great. I don't know, I was told, there was a boat and it's a museum. I just was told it's a must see!!
Dancemachine, this is not a dating service.....hehehehe
When you meet me you will find I don't wear out easy and if I do I am grouchy. I go and go unless Mr. Foot makes me stop. I want to see everything I can see, who know if I will ever get back to San Diego again and with a tourguide. Oh and Dancemachine, who is the us you are referring to. Remember some of you guys have special ladies already!!!
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Yeoman

:evil:

Dan! We are really going to have to work on refining your taste!

Old July 19th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Passenger

Hey I have excellent taste in restaurants it's just " a guy's thing" to enjoy God's gift to fast food when it's not available to you locally. We were in Vegas last year and Jack in the Box was our 4am lifeline after clubbing all night you need some grease to settle the booze; right Smile?

What was with the shot at Dancemachine? He seems like his group is going to add a lot of fun to this trip.

Hey Miss San Diego; I mean gwy how early can we board the ship? Can we make two trips boarding? I mean the first trip with the luggage then leave the ship and come back on with a crate full of cocktails & mixers? Is this possible?
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileHMB
I don't know, I was told, there was a boat and it's a museum. I just was told it's a must see!!

Star of India

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/starof.html

That's right across the street from our hotel!

Old July 19th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Hey Miss San Diego; I mean gwy how early can we board the ship? Can we make two trips boarding? I mean the first trip with the luggage then leave the ship and come back on with a crate full of cocktails & mixers? Is this possible?
as early as 11:00am

you check the luggage at the pier to send up to your cabin. they xray your carry-on stuff, so you may not want to pack a "crate" full of booze as they have the authority to confiscate it.

What I suggest is that you pack it in your check in luggage -- roll the bottles in with your pants, etc. I'll bring some bubble wrap for you to use!

Old July 19th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Passenger

roll the booze in my pants????
You mean I have to wear pants on this trip????
...You have extra bubble wrap just laying around the house do you
Are you the official bubble wrap representative for greater SanDiego county?
I don't know why I find you so funny but between-THWACK, bubble wrap, and your Costco discounts you're killing me

I got to hit the bed; I'm tired from laughing.
goodnight
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Yeoman

ok -- well I offered to bring you bubble wrap because I live here and can pack it in my car much easier than for you to pack it in your luggage and fly across the country with it.

http://www.bevmo.com/productlist.asp?area=home

Beverages and More is our local discounted liquor wholesaler that sells to the public.

There's a store about 5 miles away from our hotel if you guys want to go visit it for your party supplies. I'm assuming that you are also staying at the Best Western Bayside

San Diego - Mission Valley
925A Camino de la Reina
San Diego, CA92108US
Phone619)295-3171
Fax: (619)295-3820

Old July 20th, 2006, 09:54 AM
First Mate

Now, now Kathy is being a good host. Kathy is right though all booze in your checked in bags. Plastic bottles are the best. Split it up in different suitcases, just in case one gets caught. They will not let you carry it on!!. Once you are off the plane there are no weight limits on you bags either so fill them up.
Grease, well did that one cruise, everynight 2am or later, 5 night cruise, 10 pounds!! It was Carnival with their 24 hour pizza, the guy loved us, trashed every night.
Pants, welllllllllllllllllllllllll, you just might want to have them, it's a HAL thing, but how sexy are your legs Dan????
I think Kathy and Dan are hitting it off, but we are still waiting on the real pics.
PS Don't think I have ever been to a Jack in the Box!!
Old July 20th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileHMB
Now, now Kathy is being a good host. PS Don't think I have ever been to a Jack in the Box!!
I'm very proud of my San Diego! This is an incredible city to live in, there is no way you could ever be bored here! Right now we have horse racing season at Del Mar which is my very favorite place to be.

I can't wait to show my city off to you guys

Heather, if I have my way, you will leave San Diego without ever trying Jack in the Box. It's like a Sonics that's been ghetto-ized! The food is deep fried and disgusting. There have been numerous outbreaks of e-coli at many of our local Jack in the Boxes. I haven't eaten at one since I was 10 years old and I recall not liking it then!

I'm sure we can arrange a BevMo excursion once we all meet up. I can fit 5 in my car comfortably........

Old July 20th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Passenger

Deep fried food, health inspections, and ecoli bacteria..it has all that makes any fast food place a great adventure
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Deep fried food, health inspections, and ecoli bacteria..it has all that makes any fast food place a great adventure
Sure it does...if your idea of adventure is having your tummy pumped in the ER

Old July 20th, 2006, 11:36 PM
First Mate

Sonics, what's a Sonics??? Is that a west coast thing??? Well, it late on this side of the US and I just got in, gotta hit the sack. Kathy, I know it's early there, don't chat too much while I am sleeping.
Old July 21st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Passenger

Gwydia you seem to be a natural organizer; sorry we won't be in town til Sat morning.
Am I right with the current count as we seem to be lagging new crusiers:

gwydian &smilehmb
nursediane & her roomate
Luci? are you still going?

tanman & jason
mygroup of six guys

So far men (8) and women (5)

Where are the rest of you? Of course we want more women and I'm sure the ladies wouldn't mind more men to choose from. Let's go sign up and join our cruise it should be ball. I mean I have been a spectator and really been enjoying these postings.
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:28 PM
First Mate

Default It's ok

It more men than women here, but on the ship there will be more women than men. See women can dance with women, but men that might come off kind of wierd. So see us woman are fine. As long as my vacation is relaxing, carefree and without stress, just fine by me. So where is everybody on this Friday night. My night ended early when my daughter broke down on her way to the shore tonight. It was suppose to be a girl's night out, instead I got to drive 1/2 way to the shore. Oh well, I have to work in the morning anyway!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 01:43 PM
First Mate

Default boring

This thread is getting boring. So anyone up for a cabin crawl??
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
Passenger

Boring, boring what are you talking about? We now have less than 6 months to go! Be happy!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
Yeoman

yikes! less than six months to shed excess poundage and get into better shape for that ziplining!!!!!

I'd best go to the gym TWICE today!

Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:35 PM
Passenger

Yes Going to the gym is an excellent idea. Then stop off at Jack in the Box and get a 6 pack of the deep-fried tacos and a root beer.