Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Yeoman

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I had a Trader Joe's Chinese Chicken salad and iced water! With a Tiger's Milk bar for dessert.

healthy food FTW!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
First Mate

Yes Dan, less than six months to go, just reminded my friend of that. Deep fried tacos??? Did I hear right?? Gross. Kathy, I did hit the gym for an hour today. I didn't eat as good as you though, drank the water, made home made mac and cheese and it was good!! Done eating for the day! Down 2 pounds!! I want to drop many pounds, don't get me wrong I am not obese or anything, just unhappy with my size. It's all about feeling good and also kicking my friends' butts is this weight loss challenge. Gotta win there is new clothes to win!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
Yeoman

Homemade macaroni and cheese - *drools*

Per 1 cup serving:

410 Calories
16 grams of fat
10 grams of SATURATED FAT
590 mg of salt
45 grams of carbs

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just living vicarious through ya

Guess I can go make my steamed veggies now.....

Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
First Mate

Why are you always living through me??? I date for you, eat for you hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................what else am I going to do for you............................??????? Anyway I must be a really good roomie to do all this for you. You just ruined my mac and cheese. Did I tell you I am lactose intolerant??? Should of never ate it!!!
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Passenger

Okay this posting has officcially hit rock bottom with Mac n Cheese recipes and talk of lacatose intolerance.
I'll check back in a few weeks when you are all talking of more exciting topics like who will win American Idol 43 or how to keep house cats from getting hairballs
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Yeoman

heh! Dan has a very valid point. We need to work out which restaurant where we are all going to meet and have dinner.

I'll come up with some suggestions complete with pics and you guys can cast your votes.

Old July 24th, 2006, 07:59 PM
First Mate

Kathy sounds good but how did you get that from American Idol and furballs?
Dan , that would be feed your cat butter.
Back to Kathy anywhere but fast food, (hint no JAck in the Box!) Us women must take control with the food thing.
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileHMB
Kathy sounds good but how did you get that from American Idol and furballs?
Dan , that would be feed your cat butter.
Back to Kathy anywhere but fast food, (hint no JAck in the Box!) Us women must take control with the food thing.
I didn't even acknowledge AI or furballs as they aren't pertinent to this discussion

I simply put the wheels in motion to get this discussion back on track!

Old July 24th, 2006, 08:46 PM
First Mate

Ok, we are back on track now thanks Kathy, by the way did I tell you I had mac and chesse for lunch and I am making banana bread yum yum. Skipping the gym too.
So Dan any cruising news?? Waiting on a link some guy said he would send me about horseback riding, wow I think the same guy said he would send us his picture too.
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Passenger

okay we are back on track
J and I would love to go to dinner with you folks but we don't really want to be dressing up as we plan on getting off the plane, check into the hotel hit the local liquor store to stock up for the cabin, and then just chill out. You know just a fun casual rest/bar on the water.

Moving onward J is back from his mini-vacation with the kids so he has been assigned to this board as I am off to WI and MN for client visits.
Be safe and I'll check in next weekend 8)
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:32 PM
First Mate

Have a great trip Dan, welcome back Jason. Hope you and your children had a blast!! I am in for nice casual dining, we will be dressing up enough on the cruise. Are you guys wearing tuxes?? I go for a nice gown on formal nights.
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:32 PM
First Mate

Have a great trip Dan, welcome back Jason. Hope you and your children had a blast!! I am in for nice casual dining, we will be dressing up enough on the cruise. Are you guys wearing tuxes?? I go for a nice gown on formal nights.
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yeoman

Sounds like Anthony's Sea Grotto is our best bet then. Jeans are welcome and the ambiance is wonderful!

Old July 24th, 2006, 11:14 PM
First Mate

I pulled a Dan and don't know how!!!! Wow these things have their own minds. Kathy, I will take you on your word. Is there something else besides seafood?? I love shrimp, I will be fine, but others may have issues with it. Just a thought.
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Yeoman

They have amazing steaks and luscious sushi!

Old July 25th, 2006, 08:16 AM
First Mate

Sushi??? Gross, sorry it's the way I feel. Steaks, well I eat 2 bites and I am done, but shrimp that's another story. Good morning everybody, put my 2 cents in now it's off to work.
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Yeoman

I adore sushi! It makes a very healthy breakfast!

Old July 25th, 2006, 02:41 PM
First Mate

Are you serious?? Now I know my roomie is not all there upstairs!!! It's ok though, never said I was.
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:07 AM
First Mate

Kathy, Hope all is well out there on the west coast. You guys made the news here with the extreme heat and fires.
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Beginner

Wow this post is really boring; why did Dan want me to continue this
I am not going to blame the ladies (why would i want them on my bad side) I am blaming the dancemachine. Hey bud where are you? What happened? You started this post with your buddies and you don't seem to be contributing. Let's get it in gear! No wonder no new people are joining this cruise if I read theough this as a outsider I would skip this cruise on purpose. Now being a cruise newbie (only one under mt belt) there has got to be a ton of stuff to discuss right? For instance are we all ding late or early and what are the best places to hang out for pre-dinner cocktails and late night partying. Anyone ever been on this ship and can tell us the hotspots so we are prepared. Dancemachine let's hear some noise from your group. You keep asking whose going now add something interesting to this post
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Yeoman

Yep, I'm surrounded by wildfires at the moment and it hasn't fallen below 100 degrees in 11 days!

J, We are scheduled for late dining and as for hot spots on the ship? Well.....whereever we are, it's HOT

Old July 26th, 2006, 08:25 PM
First Mate

Kathy the more I get to know you, the more I like it. It will be hot where we are and I think a bit crazy!!
Jason, you are right it is getting boring here, but with only Kathy and I keeping it going, how much we can we chat about?? As far as before dinner drinks, well I will be having them in my cabin, kidding. I think it is called the Crow's Nest (trusting my memory here), many people had before dinner drinks there last time. The night club would be where we are dancing and sometimes the piano bar can be fun.
Kathy I will keep you in my prayers, keep us up to date on the fires!!
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Passenger

Hi all!!!
checking back in after a week of travel to Montreal followed by a laptop meltdown. I checked out the posts on my lunch hour.. to be honest some of the he-man posts on other threads were a little discouraging, specifically the weight limit on 5ft4in women.. yikes! I LOVED the responses you women posted! Fit is fit...I agree that we should look after ourselves and I do. When I was in my 20's I did triathalons, now I try to keep up with my dog while on a mountain bike. Work has a way of sucking the life out of you and the gym has become a mandatory evil..but we still do it! Career success is cool..more money for travel if you can get the time off !!!

SO... I'm still figuring out how to go on this cruise. Your posts regarding pre-cruise dinner sound amazing. I have a few questions.. how far in advance do I have to plan to arrive in the port city? Coming from Toronto I know I can't plan for the evil winter storms but is 2 days enough time? How does the boarding work? I saw a post about hitting a liquor store to stock up...sounds like a fine way to beat the on board prices.. is there a ship policy to worry about? I'm not a booze hound but it would be fun to plan for some cabin parties..

I've decided not to worry about superficial men and just plan to make new friends. I'll get it together and book this darn cruise. The poor visa is consumed with upcoming travel for work..booo hiss. And the car needs new swaybars and track tires..long story.

later.. you'll know I'm on board when I confirm my booking..what a wimp !
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:38 PM
First Mate

Default Welcome back!

Hope you had a nice trip. Booze, pack plastic bottles in your luggage that you check in. Booze is not suppose to be brought on, so hide it. Boarding I am not sure how it is done in San Diego, each trip it seems to be slightly different. Just fill your paperwork out online ahead of time and have all you cruise tags on your luggage. Coming in at least a day in advance is good. I am coming in 2 days early for some sightseeing with Kathy. Hope I helped!
Old July 27th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Passenger

Hey what do you want me to say. The 6 of us are looking forward to the trip but it is still 6 months away. I really can't add much; sorry.
All I can tell you is that when we board the trip look for 6 guys having a blast and we will look for all of you.!!!!
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Yeoman

Listen everybody..... you don't have to put your liquor in plastic bottles. You just pack it in your luggage. The ships doesn't check your locked luggage.
I always put my bottle of liquor in a double plastic bag and cover it with clothes so it doesn't break.

Connie, just stay at the Best Western by the Bayside or the Holiday Inn located right across the Cruise Port pier. You only need to stay one night.
I have friends in Toronto. I will send you a private message. Angel gal.
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Listen everybody..... you don't have to put your liquor in plastic bottles. You just pack it in your luggage. The ships doesn't check your locked luggage.
I always put my bottle of liquor in a double plastic bag and cover it with clothes so it doesn't break.

Hey gals, you don't need to pack liquor unless you have a favorite type of liquor that you can't live without.
Vacations to go single parties have plenty of free booze every evening at their PRIVATE PARTIES.

I also noticed that if you talk to single guys at any bar they will buy you drinks.
I am not a big drinker so I would ask for a coke.

Connie, just stay at the Best Western by the Bayside or the Holiday Inn located right across the Cruise Port pier. You only need to stay one night.
I have friends in Toronto. I will send you a private message. Angel gal.

Angel,

Heather's suggestion to use plastic bottles as opposed to glass is excellent advice to prevent breakage/spillage. Better safe than sorry

I can guarantee that the cruiseline WILL check your luggage if it's found to be leaking Jack Daniels

Old July 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Yeoman

edited.
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Passenger

Bubble wrap again huh? gwy I understand you are the bubble wrap supplier in greater San Diego.

Hey is anyone a fan of the TV show Rock Star Supernova. I have never gotten into the reality TV stuff before but I am hooked on this show. Guess it is because I'm a huge 80s rock fan and this is ROCK not pop like American Idol. I'm rooting for my two ladies (Storm and Dilana) both are unreal. Check this show out if you can it's on Tues night sand then a follow up show on Wed. 8)
Later
Old July 28th, 2006, 12:52 AM
First Mate

Angel,
I was told plastic because if they x-ray it, there would be a better chance that they would see it if it was glass. Also, I will bring my own booze because I don't talk to a single guy intending to get a free drink and we are not with the singles group. See I am single because I don't want to ever need anything from a man, I take care of myself.
Dancemachine, I know if I need bubble wrap I will have it, Kathy is my roomie, so I am hooked up! As far as it being 6 months until we leave, us talking gets other people onboard and we all get to know each other better.