Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Yeoman

Default Singles Cruise HAL Oosterdam - Departing San Diego 1/20/07

Starting this thread as a fresh venue for those of us going on this cruise to gab, banter, tease and flirt

If you are going on this cruise, considering going on this cruise or just want to throw your 2 cents into the ring --- let's hear it!!!!

This is a wonderful write-up on the ship:

Link deleted. Cruisemates has ship reviews.

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:12 AM
First Mate

Default I am here to...........

Ok flirt. I am told I do it well. Actually I would love real pics of Jason and Dan. Ok, not for hooking up with, I just need a dance partner who can keep up with me. hehe If we fall madly in love, well then it would just be meant to be. So how about those 10 kids Jason?
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:14 PM
First Mate

Default Going to be

Well, Jason and Dan are off to NY, man they will be so close yet so far!! Have a great time guys and we can't wait to see the wedding pics!! The ones with you guys in them. It might just be us gals on here this weekend, maybe I will try to dig some new people up on the CC site. Alright I am going to blow my chores off and take a nap in the sun.
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Yeoman

I edited post.
Old July 14th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Yeoman

Angelgal, I'm very much looking forward to meeting you! We will most likely also be staying at the Best Western that Friday night before the cruise. Perhaps we could arrange to meet and all have dinner together! I know some amazing restaurants within walking distance from the hotel and I'm sure we will have a blast!

Old July 14th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Passenger

Old July 14th, 2006, 03:55 PM
First Mate

Default You will love it!

Let me tell you Angelgal, this would be my 4th cruise, so I am kind of new to this. I went on 2 Carnivals and one Holland America. It was the best. They treat you so nice and go out of the way for you. It was a 10 night cruise and I could of stayed on longer, just great staff. There were a few cat calls down the hallway by some of the staff, but it was kind of funny. I giggled and thought wow, I'm still hot enough for that?? The staff on my cruise was average of mid to later twenties and so cute. We kind of adopted them as our family and had portraits done together, they are the funniest. They bought them too and said we will never forget this, it was a first. As a single they treated us great! When we were at sea we had our own singles director that met with us for lunch and the ship bought us a drink! They have high tea which is fun. So I have the chance to go on a Carnival ship in 1/27 or here on 1/20. I would love to see all my friends on Carnival, but HAL is so awesome and just higher class all the way! You will love it. Thanks for the invite to the preparty. Sounds good. As far as future roomies, I am always looking. Anyone want to cruise 4/14/07???
Old July 14th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Yeoman

I have plenty of vacation time coming to me for an April cruise. Where does it depart from, where does it go to?

Old July 14th, 2006, 04:16 PM
First Mate

Carnival Liberty 8 night Exotic Western Caribbean Cruise from FLL 4/14/07
Goes to Costa Maya, Costo Rica, Panama
Balcony 8A $909 with $100 ship credit per room.
This is a group of friends of mine who put this group cruise together and they want me to go. I have already got 2 girlfriends considering. I met them both on past cruises. We will book by Oct. 1st. Is that enough info??
Old July 14th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Passenger

Even though you started the new post gwydi we six men are still going looking forward to meeting all of you. And you still have a few dances reserved; you too smiley
Here is our age breakdown by the way- no photos just ages

also 44
8) 47
will be 40
43 i think
51 (old man)

We are still looking for 6 female dance partners to match up with our group of fun loving guys. Hope to see you onboard.
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileHMB
Carnival Liberty 8 night Exotic Western Caribbean Cruise from FLL 4/14/07
Goes to Costa Maya, Costo Rica, Panama
Balcony 8A $909 with $100 ship credit per room.
This is a group of friends of mine who put this group cruise together and they want me to go. I have already got 2 girlfriends considering. I met them both on past cruises. We will book by Oct. 1st. Is that enough info??
Good info and it looks like a great cruise! Ever considered getting a more expensive suite-cabin and sharing it between 3 or 4 girls? Just a thought

On that particular cruise, the following suite would be just about $1100 per person if shared by three gals:

Penthouse Suite w/ Large Balcony 300sf
Category 12 - Deck: Empress
Features a large balcony, sitting area, dressing room with vanity, walk-in closet, wall safe, refrigerator, bathroom with tub and shower, TV, VCR, and room service (115 sq/ft balcony). Convertible king bed.

Old July 14th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Passenger

Hi all !!
I'm new to this forum...have LOVED reading your posts. You all sound like a riot! I'm seriously considering cruising single in Jan. My friends keep telling me to stop working so hard and have some fun... I just discovered the singles cruise options and I just need to go for it and see what happens. I sure sounds like a great way grab some R&R without the horrid dinner alone syndrome. I hope you will help out with some really beginner-ish cruise questions. I travel a lot for work but I'm lost when it comes to singles travel. I've read some really cool posts about people meeting up pre-boarding etc. It sounds ridiculous that I can be so comfortable with business travel and yet freak about standing alone at a port waiting to board a ship...alone !!! yikes.

I hope you will welcome me to your discussion you all sound like old friends so I have no worries.

Signing off from the great white north...ps, I'm a SWF, 40, sarcastic, fun and a car freak...I know lots of male car freaks...all married..darn!!

I'll send my questions shortly..bear with me ...?

Connie
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Yeoman

Welcome Connie! I totally understand that feeling! I've learned that travelling for vacation alone can be a blast if done right. If you do decide to go on this cruise, please consider meeting us for dinner the night before we sail, if you are going to be in town that night. I would love to meet you!

Old July 14th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Passenger

Thanks Diana!!!! I plan to go for it and book in the next week or so. What is the typical day like in your experience? I would hope that at the intro night you would hit it off enough people that you can make plans to have fun on shore excursions etc.? I'm so easy going that I never have problems going with the flow. For me the attraction to the singles cruise is not to seek Mr. Right but to not be uncomfortable with the fact that I am traveling alone. I want to wake up early, stroll the deck, go for an early swim and then crash for hours.... that's what happens to people who have dogs; our schedules are totally screwed up I would hope to have dinner with a group of singles and just chill and get to know new people.
So I guess the question here is: does that really happen or do people meet on the first night and then just disolve into the general population? What's it really like? Do the "singles" form a fun group for the most part?

..like I said..forgive the rookie questions.
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by connieG
Thanks Diana!!!! I plan to go for it and book in the next week or so. What is the typical day like in your experience? I would hope that at the intro night you would hit it off enough people that you can make plans to have fun on shore excursions etc.? I'm so easy going that I never have problems going with the flow. For me the attraction to the singles cruise is not to seek Mr. Right but to not be uncomfortable with the fact that I am traveling alone. I want to wake up early, stroll the deck, go for an early swim and then crash for hours.... that's what happens to people who have dogs; our schedules are totally screwed up I would hope to have dinner with a group of singles and just chill and get to know new people.
So I guess the question here is: does that really happen or do people meet on the first night and then just disolve into the general population? What's it really like? Do the "singles" form a fun group for the most part?

..like I said..forgive the rookie questions.
Actually, my name is Kathy -- Gwydiana is a nickname of sorts (long story)

A typical day at sea for me is like a day in total paradise. You are pampered in luxury all the while meeting like-minded people. It is so much fun!!!

Fun singles groups form all the time! We hang on deck and play poker/bridge/backgammon/scrabble and just get to know each other. You will not feel lonely, ever!!!

I guarantee you will have a great time. PM to follow

Old July 14th, 2006, 11:19 PM
First Mate

Kathy, PMing someone other than me!!!!! I thought I was special, what do you do always chase all the single women!!!!!!!
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Yeoman

ROFL! Answer my questions above, woman!

Old July 14th, 2006, 11:33 PM
First Mate

ARE YOU TELLING ME WHAT TO DO??? NO ONE, I MEAN NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO!@!!@ WHAT QUESTIONS JUST PM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Admiral

Hi. It sure sounds like a lot of fun on this board. I am considering joining you guys in January. Have never sailed on Holland American but heard it is very nice. Sailing on September 17, 2006 aboard the Adventurer of the Seas with my friend and his wife. I got a great deal on a balcony cabin on the aft. This will be my 13 cruise. I am a single dude, 48, never married, some say I look like Richard Dryfuss. What company did you say that you booked this singles cruise through? Sounds like a good time and I just might join all of you. Bob
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Yeoman

Welcome to the loony-bin, Bob!

I booked through my Travel Agent and got a great deal. I've heard of others booking through Vacations to Go but they are a few hundred dollars over the discount rate deals you can get elsewhere.

This is really going to be a great cruise!

Old July 15th, 2006, 12:27 AM
First Mate

Default Welcome

Welcome Bob,
More single men great!! The women are just beautiful on this trip.
Old July 15th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to nursediane
Default PIC'S

Can someone help me with putting my pic on this site...Im a computer idiot!!!!
Old July 15th, 2006, 02:27 AM
First Mate

The looney bin??? No, that will be the ship once we arrive. So are you going to bring up crawling?? That is suppose to be you.............you promised.
Old July 15th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Yeoman

Ah yes, we will have a planned cabin crawl replete with a Conga Line!

Who's in? We will conga line from cabin to cabin and the drinkers will imbibe at each stop. As the token tea-totaller, I will just lead the conga line and watch with glee

Old July 15th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to nursediane
Default gwydiana

Thank you again!!!!
Old July 15th, 2006, 08:40 AM
First Mate

No Kathy, sober ones get to video and take pictures of the drunk ones!! Shots of coconut rum at our cabin!!
Old July 15th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Yeoman

blackmail video!!!

We are going to have a blast, for sure! I'm already out buying decorations for our cabin and balcony today. I'll leave decorating our door to you!

Old July 15th, 2006, 04:29 PM
First Mate

Default I got the door.......it's the love boat

It is for real!! I am going work has approved it!!! Time to book the air before it gets any higher. I was going to use cheaptickets, any suggestions??
Kathy, I got the door! It's Loveboat. Now can I con my daugher into helping. She's a good artist. Are you against our screen names and maybe pics being on there???? Let me know my limits, I can go overboard sometimes!!
Old July 15th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Yeoman

I don't think our pictures on the door is a good idea everything else is fine tho. Our screen names on the door sounds reasonable

Old July 15th, 2006, 04:46 PM
First Mate

Default How???

How could overnight the flights shoot up again and all the nonstops are gone???? How?