Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by edawson891
What a bunch of losers! I've never seen a more immature, egotistical, pathologic, narcissistic group in my whole life. No wonder you're all still single.
I don't think I've ever been accused of being a loser, egotistical, *pathologic*?, or narcissistic before! I wonder if this gal just enrolled in a Psych 101 class and felt the urgent need to use her new-found terminology!?!?

I have, however, been accused of being immature before and I'm fine with that

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Admiral

gwydiana, who is this jerk and why does he say such mean things when he does not even know us? sounds like some angry monster! bob
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
gwydiana, who is this jerk and why does he say such mean things when he does not even know us? sounds like some angry monster! bob
Dear Bob,

Please don't let the angry ignorant words written by edawson891 (Eleanor)
get to you. She certainly does not know us and we can breathe a sigh of relief in the knowledge that she's not currently booked on any of our upcoming cruises

I'm quite certain that the October 30th Galaxy Mediterranean cruise she's currently booked on has taken her entire vacation savings for several years to come and we can only send our best wishes to her unfortunate cruise companions stuck on that ship with her at the end of this month.

Perhaps the wonders to be seen in the Mediterranean will mellow our Eleanor out and she will refrain from making such angry rude posts assaulting complete strangers on a message board in the future!

Old October 21st, 2006, 04:47 AM
Yeoman

'Oh man"..... we just flamed by a troll!!

Listen my dear troll, I am a socialbly needy person.lol. I am also addicted to my new found single cyberspace friends.

I have chosen to stay single for many years because that is my choice. It is my favorite lifestyle as compared to being married.
Please don't assume that most of us singles are looking to get married.
If I ever decide to get married it will be because the guy adores me. Meanwhile I plan to be a hottie gal having fun with guys that turn me on.
I guess I am socialby needy and a hottie gal. Hummm...... I think that is better than being married and being bored to death.

I really think you need to find a message board where singles are stiff and proper and are dishonest about themselves. Grow up! We are all adults here with some exciting life experiences that you have probably never experienced.
I am so sorry that you don't have a sense of humor. These singles here on this message board make me laugh with their stories and zany ideas.
I look foreward to being cheered up by them because I need to act silly sometimes. Ms. XX
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wow,

Those comments left by edawson891 were certainly uncalled for. I really can't understand how someone can judge people this harshly without even knowing them. A lot of people are on these boards just having fun and sometimes they are really a little different in person. It has been mentioned that not everyone wants to be married and I find a lot of my married friends want to push it on you. I have been married before so I know both sides and there are good and bad things to say about both. The one thing I know for sure is, I am able to vacation when I want and with who I want as a single. I have been blessed by being able to travel and see so many things. As most of us know the main drawback to cruising single is the Single Supplement but once that is out of the way cruising is great for singles because you meet so many interesting people (married and single). So it is time for me to cruise again and I leave tomorrow for back to back cruises, should be fun.
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:51 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincev
Wow,

Those comments left by edawson891 were certainly uncalled for. I really can't understand how someone can judge people this harshly without even knowing them. A lot of people are on these boards just having fun and sometimes they are really a little different in person. It has been mentioned that not everyone wants to be married and I find a lot of my married friends want to push it on you. I have been married before so I know both sides and there are good and bad things to say about both. The one thing I know for sure is, I am able to vacation when I want and with who I want as a single. I have been blessed by being able to travel and see so many things. As most of us know the main drawback to cruising single is the Single Supplement but once that is out of the way cruising is great for singles because you meet so many interesting people (married and single). So it is time for me to cruise again and I leave tomorrow for back to back cruises, should be fun.

Good point Vince! Eleanor must have been having a really bad day

I am, however, exactly as I appear on these boards -WYSIWYG-

Old October 21st, 2006, 03:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am, however, exactly as I appear on these boards -WYSIWYG-[/quote]

I see you are going to Belize next month. Have you been there and do you like to dive or snorkel? I have been there twice and I highly recommend the Reef snorkle and the lunch at the place north of Belize city (can't think of the place) but it is remote. The snorkeling on the Reef is very good. In Belize city itself there was a bar just off to the left when you walk in on the second floor that was a good place and it is owned by an American I believe. They had happy hour specials when I was there. Some people don't like Belize but if you Dive or Snorkel you will.
Old October 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM
Yeoman

Vince, Back to back cruises!!! I'm jealous! I've tried to do that but could only squeeze 3 cruises into 3 months time

I've never been to Belize before but am truly looking forward to it. I'm going to do the Goff's Caye snorkel excursion

I can't wait!

Where are your two cruises going?

Old October 21st, 2006, 06:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I leave for FLL tomorrow to catch the Enchantment 5 day on Monday that goes to KW and Cozumel. Then I am on the Halloween sailing of the Caribbean Princess on Oct 29. I am not part of the VTC group although I am sure I will see them around. That cruise does the Eastern Carib minus San Juan which is fine with me.
Old October 21st, 2006, 08:46 PM
Yeoman

Sounds great, Vince! Be sure to take lots of pics to share with us I'm jealous!

Old October 21st, 2006, 11:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Diana,

No need for you to be jeolous, you have 3 cruises planned yourself. That Holland cruise this winter is interesting and I usually cruise in the winter. The only real problem is I am 1 cruise away from being a Diamond member on RCCL after the Enchantment and 1 away from being Silver on Princess. I have been on Holland before but I bet this cruise would be much better. In the long term I am planning on a Baltic Cruise this June with friends and I have a roommate for that otherwise it is way too expensive and reallly it is even with a roommate. The ports are great and this may be the only chance I have at this where I actually have friend who wants to go. I don't know about you but I have a real hard time getting friends to go on cruises. I know they would have a great time but they just won't take the chance for some reason.

Nice chatting with you.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yeoman

Vince,

Actually my name is Kathy. Gwydiana is a nickname of sorts.

That Baltic cruise sounds amazing! What are the ports?

~Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincev
Diana,

No need for you to be jeolous, you have 3 cruises planned yourself. That Holland cruise this winter is interesting and I usually cruise in the winter. The only real problem is I am 1 cruise away from being a Diamond member on RCCL after the Enchantment and 1 away from being Silver on Princess. I have been on Holland before but I bet this cruise would be much better. In the long term I am planning on a Baltic Cruise this June with friends and I have a roommate for that otherwise it is way too expensive and reallly it is even with a roommate. The ports are great and this may be the only chance I have at this where I actually have friend who wants to go. I don't know about you but I have a real hard time getting friends to go on cruises. I know they would have a great time but they just won't take the chance for some reason.

Nice chatting with you.

Old November 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="gwydiana"]Vince,

~Kathy

Kathy,

Well I am back from both cruises and had a great time on both although the CB was the better of the two. VTG had over 300 singles on the ship and it was really nice to have so many people to try and meet. Although I was not part of their group I met some of them around the pool, Disco and places like that and spent some time with a few of them. I found it interesting to observe how the whole group thing played out. I still don't know if it is worth the extra money to go with them but I might try it once so I can make the proper call on that. I didn't meet any women who live in the St. Louis area that were single but I did meet some from Chicago and actually I do live in IL. Chicago is a popular place to go for people in this area for long weekends.

Ok, you wanted me to mention the ports for the Baltic, they are as follows: BTW, I have officially booked this now.

Copenhagen, Denmark| Stockholm, Sweden | Helsinki, Finland | St. Petersburg, Russia (2 days) | Tallinn, Estonia | Gdansk, Poland | Oslo Norway.

I am flying to London about 3 days early to stay with friends so I will get to do some sightseeing there as well.

BTW, are you going on that 1-20-07 VTG sailing to the Mex Riv? Oh I see you are, sounds good. So you found a good deal on a balcony as a single or with a roommate?
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Yeoman

Hi Kathy and Vince, I have been on three VTG singles cruises and eventhough there are tons of singles..... everybody ends up just meeting a few persons to hang out with. That is something I have noticed. On the first two days most people say hello to you and then they take off with their friends. Clicks of friends are being created due to them cruising together in the past with VTG and they seem to just want to hang out with eachother and maybe add a few more singles to their group. I had my own click of friends too from the past vtg cruises and I also added a few more friends to my click of friends.

I noticed some singles liked to be by themselves and would take off from the group and want to be alone. I am that way sometimes on the ships. I like being by myself and meeting the other cruisers on the ship.

I don't have problems meeting people on the ships so I have decided to book outside of VTG and cruise whenever I want.

Kathy, and some other singles on this website and I have booked outside of VTG for the Oosterdam, Jan.20th. We already know some guys that are booked with VTG so I think we will be meeting them and other guys from VTG. I am looking foreward to meeting the guys in my age group. I am a mature gal and would like to meet a guy who is mature in mind. I have met some guys that act like they are 19yrs old. I have also met some guys that act their age.
I am really excited about cruising on the Oosterdam. Angel
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Yeoman

Vince,

Welcome home! I miss London soooo much! When you go, please try to make it to Covent Garden. That is one of my very favorite shopping places in the world!

I am indeed on the Oosterdam and found a great deal on a Jr. Suite cabin (we've since upgraded). I managed to get a cabin-roomie on this very site and she seems like a lot of fun! I'm really looking forward to this trip.

[quote="Vincev"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwydiana
Vince,

~Kathy

Kathy,

Well I am back from both cruises and had a great time on both although the CB was the better of the two. VTG had over 300 singles on the ship and it was really nice to have so many people to try and meet. Although I was not part of their group I met some of them around the pool, Disco and places like that and spent some time with a few of them. I found it interesting to observe how the whole group thing played out. I still don't know if it is worth the extra money to go with them but I might try it once so I can make the proper call on that. I didn't meet any women who live in the St. Louis area that were single but I did meet some from Chicago and actually I do live in IL. Chicago is a popular place to go for people in this area for long weekends.

Ok, you wanted me to mention the ports for the Baltic, they are as follows: BTW, I have officially booked this now.

Copenhagen, Denmark| Stockholm, Sweden | Helsinki, Finland | St. Petersburg, Russia (2 days) | Tallinn, Estonia | Gdansk, Poland | Oslo Norway.

I am flying to London about 3 days early to stay with friends so I will get to do some sightseeing there as well.

BTW, are you going on that 1-20-07 VTG sailing to the Mex Riv? Oh I see you are, sounds good. So you found a good deal on a balcony as a single or with a roommate?

Old November 11th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Kathy,

Looks like you leave next week on a cruise, HAVE FUN. Oh I love to snorkel in Belize it is a great spot on the reef. They have some nice tours that take you there and then you have lunch at a nice little place/pier on the water. I have done this on my own and with the Cruiseline (both were good). The area away from the little town are is actually quite scenic and I highly recommend this.

Per Angels recommendation I put in a quote for the Oosterdam just to see how it stacks up with what I have found. I wish this was on RCCL or Princess because I have a pre-booked cruise on both and need one more sailing on each to more to the next level.
Old November 11th, 2006, 10:33 PM
First Mate

Default Kathy

Wow, Kathy you posted a great shot of me in your earlier post!! Don't I wish. Looks like afun thread.
URRoomie
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Beginner

Hi everyone...new here...Im not so much interested in a womans weight as I am in how much fun is she !!! People that are very skinny or very large tend to have issues /problems that make them not as much fun to be with. Not always,but usually. I like to be around busy,active people that dont spend their time always at the buffet. Or always checking every mirror.
Most of us are in the somewhere in between group...a couple of extra lbs= fun fat. So look around and see who is having FUN.

Besides, a curvy chic is more fun when doing the WILDTHANG!!!
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to sexygirl007

Hey

Hope you found that cruise you were looking for--Now I am looking for for me and some friends--Any suggestions?? Mostly looking for a singles cruise. I think that would be a lot of fun. Uusally I go on these cruises with older, married, or just hanging out with the family. Let me know how your New Years was.
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Beginner

Quote:
What a bunch of losers! I've never seen a more immature, egotistical, pathologic, narcissistic group in my whole life. No wonder you're all still single.
i agree. IF your pissed off because no one will date you or whatever, go lose weight... no better yet, get a life. stop posting these stupid post and go get someone
Old May 11th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Yeoman

Hi Jack, most of us singles are here because we love to talk about cruising and also ask questions about cruising. We choose to stay single because we enjoy our single life-style. Most of us are dating and are having fun dating. But there are some singles that are not into cruising and are not willing to spend the money on cruising. Cruising is expensive but most of us are willing to spend the money. It is like a hobby.

Not everybody wants to get married..... I know I don't want to get married because I still get offers of marriage but I prefer staying single. I love my single life-style and I also like to date guys and have fun talking with guys on the telephone, etc. Hummm........

Yes, it is true that some posters who have written on this topic are immature, etc. but please don't judge the whole group based on those people who want to use our message board as a Chat room.
Some of those chat people have already moved on to other websites hopefully.
Those of us that are left truly like to talk about cruising. Angelgal
Old May 11th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Beginner

i didnt mean go get married, i mearly ment go date someone. i mean you people are talking about the types of people you like.... so why not go find those people and date them instead of talking about them... If you go on the "cruise" and dont see any "attractive" wemen to date ( ur probley to shallow to evan make friends with them) pick a differnt cruise next time. Some of you make a huge deal out of nothing. There arent any "hot" chicks or they is to many "fat" chicks( no disrespect on the names) then u really need a life. The "less then hot" chicks are probley pretty damn fun and the "overly weight" chicks, WHO CARES, go hang with them anyway, who know most of them probley have hot friends that they can introduce you to. some of you peole are old but still need to grow up
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Skellington
i didnt mean go get married, i mearly ment go date someone. i mean you people are talking about the types of people you like.... so why not go find those people and date them instead of talking about them... If you go on the "cruise" and dont see any "attractive" wemen to date ( ur probley to shallow to evan make friends with them) pick a differnt cruise next time. Some of you make a huge deal out of nothing. There arent any "hot" chicks or they is to many "fat" chicks( no disrespect on the names) then u really need a life. The "less then hot" chicks are probley pretty damn fun and the "overly weight" chicks, WHO CARES, go hang with them anyway, who know most of them probley have hot friends that they can introduce you to. some of you peole are old but still need to grow up
ROF, LMAO!!!!!!
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwydiana

Here I am at 5'6" and 145 lbs.

Not every woman needs to be under 125 lbs, Mister Man!
I like what I see!
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Hey Sweet pea,

Don't go away mad and miserable, just go away!ROF,LMAO

Bill
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Beginner

u have some major issues and your face is red.. u should see a doctor
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Beginner

Default Maybe depends what you want?

I don't have any experience with "Cruising for Love" so that's my disclaimer. But for some reason, that has a real ick-factor to me. I'm NOT cruising for love. I'm cruising because I'm a single female whose friends are either married or "don't travel" (as if!) and I'm not about to stop. I don't really see the point of long-distance relationships, so meeting a guy on a cruise who lives close to Raleigh is a real crapshoot. I'd think the people going on "Cruising for Love" are hoping To. Meet. The. One. I went on my first Singles Cruise this Sept, and was worried I'd be the only one on there NOT looking to meet a guy. I was so wrong! I found plenty of folks who just wanted fun travel partners and company. (Believe me, it's not to say that there wasn't a lot of hooking up!!! ) I just mean, if you're looking to snag a wife or something, maybe try CFL. But I'd worry about the level of pressure on that. If you're just out to have some fun and see what happens, I'd try one of the bigger groups.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Travelbugbitten
Default Reopening thread

Hi,

I am a man, 5'7" (1.675m) and 180 lbs (82 kg), so by the standards of doctors' height/weight charts I am overweight. I have been out with overweight women (over 300 lbs/136 kg) and with skinny women. I tend to be a "chubby chaser" but believe that what counts is what is in a person's heart, not his/her physical attractiveness. But a pretty face and nice body don't hurt. As has been stated in this thread, some of the most physically attractive people are jerks, while some of the less attractive ones are really nice.

I agree that both gwydiana and SmileHMB have posted gorgeous pictures of themselves.

Jim