Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Beginner

Default Single guys have a question for everyone; please reply

Hi everybody,
Listen I can really use your help & advice. My friend and I are planning on booking a New Years Eve Singles Cruise and we need your advice & help. First off what Singles Cruise Group do you reccomend as we have cruise info on 3 but don't know which one to pick.
Vacationsto go, Singlescruise.com, or Cruisingforlove.com
Can you tell us the age range (please be honest as we asked each group and they told us 20-60) we need a more accurate answer. I am 38 and my friend will be 45 (his b-day is New Years Day). Also if any of you want to email me with photos of a singles cruise you have been on or New Years eve advice that would be great. My email is: thedocfinder@yahoo.com I will monitor this post as well for advice. First hand accounts of these groups especially on New Years would be great as we are a bit worried that we might get stuck dancing with each other since New Years is a couples holiday. Thank you so much;please reply.
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2006, 08:54 PM
First Mate

Default hi

I never have booked a singles cruise, I just follow my fellow cruise friends. If you want a fun time change your cruise do the Oosterdam on Jan 20th. There is a big VTG group on there and there are many your age. My roomie and I are going, we booked on our own though. The more dancers the better, we love to dance. Just a passing thought.
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Yeoman

I have an awesome travel agent who specializes in cruising and NYE is an great time to cruise. I just wish I could get away from work at that time.

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old July 18th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Admiral

I would book with Vacations to go they have large groups, better odds of finding someone you might find attractive. I went on a cruise with them last December but it was not a New Years cruise. There were 140 of us, 50/50 split men to woman ratio. Average age I would say was 30-45 some older and a few younger in their 20's.

I've also cruised with Cruising for Love but the group was way smaller 40 of us. Advantages to small groups is you make friends quickly but less romantic prospects. I

had a male friend in his 40's cruise with Singles cruise dot com, he felt things were geared toward the 20 something set and didn't feel comfortable with them. But I have have not tried them yet so this is just feed back I've heard. A good thing for you guys is that if anything single woman out number single men usually. Go for the experiance of travel and to make friends first and you will have an awesome time please post a cruise review and let us on the singles forum know how it went after you go. Thanks!

Also the most popular singles cruises are Halloween which is why a bunch of us gals are going with Vacations to Go then!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:12 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Single guys have a question for everyone; please reply

Speaking as a single guy Doc, I have only used Cruising for Love twice once for New Years the other May of this year. Both cruises were no more that 40 people with more women than men. As for the New Years cruise it was decent but if you are looking for beautiful women with hot bodies both cruises would not be for you. For the age range the average was mid 40's.

If you have to do a New Years cruise call the 3 Single Travel agents mention above and talk with them each have there own style. Above all go for the enjoyment of the cruise and worry about what type of women that will be on the boat.

I would agree with Showcat and think about doing a Halloween cruise for 2007 which is very popular.
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:09 AM
First Mate

Bettlegator,
So if a woman is in her mid 40's she can't be hot or beautiful??? That is not a very nice or smart comment. You must be around the wrong women. There are some very stunning women in their 40's and even 50's. I also think every man's thoughts on a beautiful woman are different. You must also know that what is on the inside is THE MOST IMPORTANT! I am 40 and have 21 year old guys chasing me! So I don't know, must say something. And no they have no clue I am 40! Think before you speak next time!
Old July 18th, 2006, 09:35 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileHMB
Bettlegator,
So if a woman is in her mid 40's she can't be hot or beautiful??? That is not a very nice or smart comment. You must be around the wrong women. There are some very stunning women in their 40's and even 50's. I also think every man's thoughts on a beautiful woman are different. You must also know that what is on the inside is THE MOST IMPORTANT! I am 40 and have 21 year old guys chasing me! So I don't know, must say something. And no they have no clue I am 40! Think before you speak next time!
Hi SmileHMB,

Actually, I was holding back with what I really want to speak and if I sound like a bad guy so be it.

There are plenty of beautiful women who are in their 40s, 50s and 60s and being mid 40s myself I like to keep fit so I can attract those same women. But the last 2 cruises that I been on the women though charming and have great personality need to take care of themselves healthwise to get my attention. Do I sound shallow, you bet. I am more attractive to a woman who is fit than one that is incredibily overweight, that is my preference.

I have seen your photo on this sight (beautiful picture by the way) and I can imagine 20 something men being attractive to you. The bad side is the women (for that matter, men) who are not attractive being ignore during the cruise and complaining to their travel agent because the men were being snobbish to them. I assume when you go on non-single organized cruise you can have your "pick of the stable" of men and I guarentee they are NOT overweight.
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Yeoman

I don't understand how weight is such a huge factor in attractiveness, but then to each their own. I personally prefer a man with some meat on his bones.

There's nothing more of a turn-off to me than a skinny boney guy!

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beerholder

PS -- I just turned 44....so you'd best run the other direction, beetlegator

Old July 18th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Familiar Face

Default ;-)

and why are you still single??
kidding of course - I am sure you AREN'T shallow - it just SOUNDS that way .. but even if you are - to each his own - I am sure you will meet someone "like minded" to gossip with over how "overweight" the rest of the population is!!! Really tongue in cheek for sure .. I think it is all just funny because when you get zapped by the love bug - you don't have a choice if she is fit or not, tall or not, red head or not. So good luck finding the perfect women!! You have a choice in lust .. but not in love!
Same for me - 40 years old - so you best run, run far away ..
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Beetlegator
I am more attractive to a woman who is fit than one that is incredibily overweight, that is my preference.

Ya really think so?????

Old July 18th, 2006, 10:51 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwydiana
I don't understand how weight is such a huge factor in attractiveness, but then to each their own. I personally prefer a man with some meat on his bones.

There's nothing more of a turn-off to me than a skinny boney guy!

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beerholder

PS -- I just turned 44....so you'd best run the other direction, beetlegator
, I didn't say I was skinny more on the beefy side and I did mention in another post that you and Smile are very beautiful women. Many years ago I was a fitness instructor and I only dated women who kept herself fit. Now that I am 45 I continue to date fit women unfortunately most are not taking cruises . . . again personal preferences.

Besides I don't drink beer . . .
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Beginner

First off to Showcat & beetelgator thank you so much for your honest opinions on these travel groups. We are definitely doing the New Years sailing 7 day cruise.I really appreciate your help.

Now just a quick side note ; We are not going on this trip with the sole purpose of finding HOT women. The reason we posted was because we just didn't want to end up dancing with each other or with 20 or 70 somethings We were just hoping to find some fun guys & gals to hang out with during the cruise and hopefully find some fun gals 30's 40's 50's to dance with you know? But again your comments are appreciated.

PS- I did try to contact each of these aganecies with these same questions and once again none of them would givew me an accurate answer so I turn to those of you with experience. Thanks again it looks like Vacations to go is our choice.
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Yeoman

Sounds like you made a good choice, thedocfinder, and I'm certain you and your friend(s) will have a blast!!!

Age is a matter of mind, if you dont mind, it doesnt matter.

Old July 18th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Beginner

Thanks gwy and let me leave you with this:
Never drink & drive because if you don't pay attention you might spill you beer
Old July 18th, 2006, 04:57 PM
First Mate

I will remember that docfinder. I will say that I try to keep the weight off, but after 40 is some how chases you and jumps on and once it is on it hangs on for dear life. I do try to hit the gym on a regular basis, but truthfully after 3 cruises in 7 months, being out of work for 3 months with foot surgery and still having foot pain, I have gained about 20 pounds. My goal is to lose it, but even with those extra pounds I am fit. I really hope someone would love me for me,someday we will all be old, wrinkled, bald or whatever.
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Admiral

Hey Doc you will be happy with Vactions to Go. I liked them so much I booked a second cruise with them and it won't be last. I don't think you will be stuck dancing with each other, or with 20 or 70 year olds.

As for me I like to see a wide range of age groups.( Keep things interesting)I too am in the 40 range but I date guy in their mid-late 20's lately. What can I say I don't mind robbing the cradle if they are attractive Like Bettlegator I taught fitness so Im picky about looks.
But having said that some of the most active fun people I have cruised with were in their 60-70's so I no longer judge a book by it's cover! We had some senior that ran circles around the youngsters, energy wise!

You will make friends and future travel mates, make sure to bring business cards and exchange emails so you can keep in touch, also you will have a pre and post cruise chat room to talk to everyone in. If you IM me your e mail address I can try to forward you some photos of my cruise last December if that would be helpful to you. To get an idea of what types of people booked.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I am with you Beetlegator. I work to stay in shape and appreciate the same in women. I am 42 and the same size I was when I was 19. Age is not an excuse for being fat. Overeating and laziness are. If you are overweight just eat less and move around more. Some think they can use the excuse of age. In part it is true. Eating more than you burn in calories over time equals excess weight. You have to get out and run, bike, swim, lift weights or something. If you sit on your A@# all day in your office and then go to happy hour you will get fat. I have to do my work outs in the AM so that I can still go to the bar in the afternoon. Can't workout after I start drinking.

There are a lot of hot 40's women! There are no hot fat women of any age.

I have been on a major dating site for awhile and the most frustrating thing for me is when a woman descibes her bodytype as slender or athletic and toned and then I find out she outweighs me!! If you are 5'5" you should be less than 125 lbs.

Hope not to offend anyone but it seemed to be the topic and my 2 cents.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:34 PM
First Mate

So Dave, I am 5' 7" and I was 3 months pregnant and 122 pounds, was I too skinny?? So at 5' 7" what should I weigh??? Remember muscle weighs more than fat.
Oh,how would you feel if I judged my man on their lack of hair??
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

No, 5'7" and 122 is great! Yes, muscle weighs more than fat. That is why I am 5'8" and 187.

Hey! Don't make fun of my hair! :evil: There is nothing I can do about that. I have noticed women tend to go gray earlier than guys but most color their hair. Mine is still brown with a few grays near the temples and my head shines through a little. I would rather be in shape with thinning hair than fat with a full head of hair. It is the guys with very high testosterone levels that tends to bald faster. It is a curse of the virile.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
If you are 5'5" you should be less than 125 lbs.

Hope not to offend anyone but it seemed to be the topic and my 2 cents.
I beg to differ with ya, Dave

You cannot put a weight limit on people you've never met based on their height. I would look awful at 125 with my current height of 5'6". My bone structure wouldn't allow for that low of weight. Bone structure plays a big role in this weight game you are playing and limiting somebody's "ideal weight" based upon their gender and height is irrational.

My opinion only.

P.S., I've fallen in love with guys that were 6 feet tall and in excess of 300lbs. It's not the weight of their bod's but the weight of their hearts that I consider

Old July 18th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Yes, there is some allowable variation. You look great from what I can see. Weight is not as much a factor as percentage of bodyfat and how it is distributed.

I guess I am like Shallow Hal and Beetlegator. I want someone who is nice as well as in shape. I don't care how nice you are, if you are overweight, we can still be friends but not lovers.

I guess that is one mystery I will never understand. Is how can a beautiful thin woman be in love with a big fat guy? or vice versa for that matter? There has to be some sexual attraction...

Thats is what is great about these boards, we can have great discussion without anyone getting bent out of shape.

"Do I make you horny, Baby? Do I make you randy?"

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:00 PM
First Mate

Ok, honesty. I like a man who is taller and heavier than me!! A man that can pick me up, hold me in his lap and I won't crush him. A man I can look up to even with my heals on. So 5" 8" is too short for me. 5'10" or better please. Just being honest.
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Admiral

Yes, and I like a girl who is shorter and lighter than me. So I can pick her up without hurting my back and she won't crush me when she sits on me.

We all have our preferences. I just like thin girls with nice butts and legs and a flat stomach. Big boobs aren't important. But they don't hurt either...

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Yeoman

ok, Dave, that's just painful to even look at!!!!! ack!

I've always been a bit of a Chubby-Chaser -- no mystery there. I adore "Luv Handles" and I refuse to date a guy who's butt is smaller than mine. Seems to me, those guys are getting harder and harder to find!

--Off to the gym to slim down this big ol' butt of mine

Old July 18th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Different strokes for different folks. I also don't like girls with a butt bigger than mine. And I have a small butt....

Here is a picture of my butt. I am preparing for a high level of difficulty, back-flip into a belly flop. I had to increase the LOD to make up for my lack of big belly....

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:48 PM
First Mate

Oh goodness...where has THIS conversation headed? ROFL

Dave, there is no way the chick with the boobs weighs 125 or less...unless she is under 5 feet tall. I've been thin, fat, and in-between. I tell you, from a girl's perspective, a few extra lbs is a big help in weeding out the shallow guys! ROFL

Skinny girls can get fat after you snag 'em, and fat girls can get skinny. Better like the person, that's what I say...but then again, I'll never again in my life weigh 125 lbs or less...unless I become dangerously ill.

Tracy
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Neither will I....

I found the story on the Crown Princess.

http://www.wftv.com/news/9537406/detail.html

I am sure there is more to come.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Admiral

My mother told me a good judge of a woman is whether she takes care of her teeth and feet..If she doesn't stay away..of course she told me that 40 years ago..flash forward to 2006 and the advise I gave my son was to avoid women looking for him to take care of them and their kids, look for a woman that has just as much if not more then you to lose and look for a woman that will be with you when things go sour..and check her credit score and health record, then worry about what she looks like physically

In today's world when you get over 40 you have to be very careful and not be attractive to a woman based on her looks..I have known alot of good looking women that were absolute jerks..and did not give an opportunity to women that may be less physically attractive but had a whole lot more going for them

The one physical aspect that attracts me is a really,really nice behind

(unlike Dave the Wave) and I am not an up top man

To answer the original post, I would have my travel agent find me a cruise that is a theme cruise which would mean that the woman that are onboard, share my interest (and there are always more wmen then men on a cruise)
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Dave The Wave..you wanted to know the attraction between an old out of shape guy and a young hot lady..you might first look in his wallet (either that or she has some serious daddy issues)...

As the great Tony Montana from the movie Scarface stated...first you get the money..then you get the power..THEN you get the women

So Dave The Wave..if you won the lottery tomorrow and your picture was in the paper and when they ask you what was the first thing you were going to do with your winnings and you stated you were single and going to buy the owner's cabin on the Freedom of the Seas..do you not think you would have your choice of "hot" women ?
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Venice, you are very wise. But I did say I like nice legs and great butt first and THEN big boobs are a bonus but not unless nice legs and butt first. Mostly big boobs, unless artificially enchanced, come with a big butt and that is a no no.

You are right, check their credit score and health and teeth. Same way when you check a horse. Two great determinants of long term viability. Also looking at their mother is usually a good indication of how they will age.

I do everything I can to take care of my own kids. I certainly don't need to be supporting someone elses. The first time was for love, the next time will be for compatibility. A partner who can pay her own half of the cruise fare and bar tab. Not one who drinks all the expensive drinks but won't open her wallet.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08