Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Passenger

Default What Halloween Singles Cruise are you going on in 2006?

I want to go on a Hallowen cruise, I'm looking for one where there will be people 30's to 50s, Does anyone have plans and which cruise? 2006
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Yeoman

Hi Allen, there are going to be lots of Singles groups for Halloween on different ships. I think approx. 200 singles are going to book the Carnival Pride ship out of Long Beach, Calif. There will be plenty of gals in the young ages for you to meet. Ship goes to Mexican-Riviera. Check out Vacationstogo.com for more details. Click on Hosted Singles. They also have another singles cruise ship leaving out of Florida. You need to check that one out.
Some of my friends are leaving out of Florida because they feel it is closer to them. But it really doesn't matter where you live because it seems that the air prices are the same. Unless you live in Florida then you may not need to fly if you live near a cruise port city.

I have friends flying in from New York, Chicago, Texas, Arizona and etc.
for the Carnival Pride Fun Ship.

This is what is SPECIAL about vacationstogo.com...... they have an ice breaker game where they split up into two groups to play a game. They will have a young age group up to 39yrs old and an older group from 40yrs old and up. I belong to the older group and I had a fantastic time when we had our game. We had the biggest cheaters you ever saw and had a great time. The younger group also had a great time meeting eachother. It really doesn't matter which group you decide to join but most people will want to be in their own age group because that is what I noticed. We all had a blast laughing and laughing with the Cheaters game.

So.... Allen.... there will be plenty of choices for you to choice from because there are several singles groups planned from travel agencies.
I am pushing for VTG Singles because it is my favorite group. That is the only reason.
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Passenger

Hi Alan,
I will be sailing out of Miami for the Western Caribbean cruise with singlescruise.com.
This will be my first ever cruise - so I don't have any advise - but I do know that there will be over 200 singles.
I picked this cruise for the ports of call.
Old July 20th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Admiral

I am cruising with Angelgirl on the Pride out of Longbeach. As a Halloween bonus some of us are planning a visit to the Queen Mary ship which is docked there and is haunted. Quite some history on that ship and so many tours to choice from including Ghost tours, Marilyn Monroe memoriabila, Titanic expo also.

Vacations to Go is a wonderful choice. This is my second cruise with them, they are very organized and the singles activitys are a hoot! We had 140 people in December so I expect over 200 singles on this ship. You can eat with different people each night during dinner. Unlike other singles companys they don't charge a booking fee. There prices are better as well.

Another Halloween plus is we will be in Mexico on the Day of the Dead holiday I have a private tour booked which will include a trip to a cemetary to see how this holiday is celebrated. I love ghost tours and such. Or if you prefer a Caribbean cruise they also offer one out of Ft.Lauderdale on Princess. Just call VTG with any questions and they will answer everything for you.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:57 PM
Yeoman

Hey Allen, no "Singles travel agency" can tell you for a fact that their agency will attract what you are looking for because some singles get really angry if the agency makes them promises they can't keep. But I can tell you for a fact that Vacationstogo.com singles will attract lots of singles from different ages. Most all of them are very fun singles to hang out with and make friends with.
There are some super picky singles who get really pisssed off if an agency doesn't produce what they are looking for. Sooooo..... their agencies will never tell you how great their group is for YOU!!
Old July 22nd, 2006, 06:33 PM
Yeoman

Hey Showcat..... I'm baccckkk..... home. I loved my cruise with my friend.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:39 AM
Passenger

Default Single supplement penaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hey Allen, no "Singles travel agency" can tell you for a fact that their agency will attract what you are looking for because some singles get really angry if the agency makes them promises they can't keep. But I can tell you for a fact that Vacationstogo.com singles will attract lots of singles from different ages. Most all of them are very fun singles to hang out with and make friends with.
There are some super picky singles who get really pisssed off if an agency doesn't produce what they are looking for. Sooooo..... their agencies will never tell you how great their group is for YOU!!
Thanks Angelgal for the advice! I have heard Vacations To Go does a good job for singles, I'm hesitating using them because they really sock it to us 'singles' with the price if we go alone. I know they will offer to find another person to share the cabin but I'm not going to do that. Carnival is better than most of the others as far as not ripping you off as much if you go alone.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 06:40 AM
Yeoman

Hey Allen, all cruiselines sock it to you when you get a cabin to yourself. But you know what?...... it is worth every single dollar you pay to have your own cabin. Just close your eyes and pay the money.... that is what I do.

I recently returned from a cruise and had a roomie. The problem with most ships is that your closet is located right across the bathroom so roomies have to take turns getting dressed up. I had a considered roomie but I prefer to have my own cabin because of the tight space. I had to keep some of my clothes in my luggage because of lack of storage space for small items.

I have heard that guys do okay with the match programs because they are easier to get along with. Some of us gals like me.... carry everything but the kitchen sink. I have to curl my hair.... do my make-up....find what I am going to wear for the day.... blow dry my hair after taking a shower... etc.
But... I have heard that some guys hog up the bathroom by having to shave.... leave wet towels on the bed (bad habit), leave drawers open eventhough they are finished getting something out of the drawer. Those are minor problems that guys can live with. You have to set the rules of what is acceptable with you when you first meet your roomie.
You can also try to find your own roomie on this message board too.

Allen....put your deposit down on the Pride because it is a fun ship plus you will be with lots of fun singles and have a blast.
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Passenger

I will be on this cruise, too. I love VTG; they totally rock. It will be my 4th cruise with them and my 5th singles cruise. It will be my 13th cruise overall and I am really looking to do the Mexican Riviera as I have never done it before.

Paul
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Yeoman

! I was born on the 4th of July as well! I've never so many people with my very same birthday in one place ever!!!!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:25 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by showcat
I am cruising with Angelgirl on the Pride out of Longbeach. As a Halloween bonus some of us are planning a visit to the Queen Mary ship which is docked there and is haunted. . .
Showcat, last May I stayed on the Queen Mary and had a great time I would recommend using it as a hotel a day before boarding the Pride.
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:32 AM
booboo4031

Hey Allen

Some people have had good experiences and some have had nightmare experiences with roommate shares. Me, personally, there is no way on earth I would go down that road. Last time I had a roommate was college and that was traumatic enough. I booked a solo balcony on the Pride and it will be well worth the extra money for the single supplement. I agree with what someone said above.... single roommate matches seem to work better with some of the guys ... but you might want to strongly consider how much you are willing to tolerate and if a nightmare roommate could ruin your trip.

Diane
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:47 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo4031
... but you might want to strongly consider how much you are willing to tolerate and if a nightmare roommate could ruin your trip.

Diane
Diane,

I had a balcony on the Pride last May also paying the single supplement to avoid a bad cabinmate. You will enjoy the freedom of coming and going to your room and not having conflicts with someone else. This Halloween cruise sounds like it will be fun you guys have to tells us who are going how much a good time you had.
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Yeoman

I also prefer to book a cabin by myself because even with a friendly easy going roomie..... it is too crowded to walk around in the cabin unless you get a balcony cabin.
I am willing to book a insider which is cheaper but still cost more than having a roomie but it is worth every dollar spent. I have done it once already and I love it. I have already booked my deposit for a single suppliment again with VTG singles. BUT.... if one of my friends needs a roomie really bad I will share a cabin with them because they are my friends.
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Yeoman

I always advise people to get their own cabin if they can afford it.

And if you don't already have your Halloween cruise booked, better do it right away. All agencies tell me they are close to 100%.
Old July 25th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Yeoman

Pat is right! I hear that most cruiseships are selling out for Halloween.

Most guys love to dress up for Halloween. So I think there will be lots of cute guys to hang out with. Guys like to book cruises at the last minute.

Hey guys.... don't wait too long to book because it will break my heart to have to wave goodby to you from the Carnival Pride.lol.
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Passenger

Default Longbeach port question

Angelgal (and others) if I decide to book the Pride I have a question, How far is the port from the airport and how long will it take a shuttle to get to the port? Also are there any reasonably priced hotels close to the port where I can stay if I take a plane the day before? My two previous cruises have started in Miami.
I'm trying to find a consensus of the cruise with the most singles!
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Yeoman

Hey Allen, Can you find a flight that goes to Long Beach airport? Jet Blue airline flys to Long Beach. It is a great airline. You can take a shuttle from the airport to your hotel. Some hotels have free shuttles.

Yes, it is best to fly in one day early. There is going to be a VTG pre-cruise party in Long Beach. I will make a list of hotels in Long Beach that have shuttles from airports/cruiseships.

If you fly into LAX.... just look for a super shuttle that takes you to the cruise ship. It takes 45 minutes or 30 minutes to get to the Long Beach port.

I will do my research today and post hotel info for Long Beach.
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Yeoman

Hey Allen, Can you find a flight that goes to Long Beach airport? Jet Blue airline flys to Long Beach. It is a great airline. You can take a shuttle from the airport to your hotel. Some hotels have free shuttles.

Yes, it is best to fly in one day early. There is going to be a VTG pre-cruise party in Long Beach. I will make a list of hotels in Long Beach that have shuttles from airports/cruiseships.

If you fly into LAX.... just look for a super shuttle that takes you to the cruise ship. It takes 45 minutes or 30 minutes to get to the Long Beach port.

I will do my research today and post hotel info for Long Beach.
Old July 27th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Allen if you fly directly into Long beach it's much closer to the port. Airfare is slightly higher then to LAX but it becomes the same when you add in the price of the shuttle from LAX about $30 There are many hotels to choose from. Use yahoo maps for an idea on what's where. Just do a search for Long beach hotels, and read the info. Many have free shuttles. Most have 800 numbers you can call free for information as well.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 27th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Yeoman

Allen, get a Long Beach map and a hotel booklet from auto club if you belong to the club. You will be able to see all the hotels located near the ship.
I haven't had time to do my search yet but I will soon.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:22 AM
Passenger

Soooooo...whose joining me on the Vacations To Go Princess cruise?
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:21 PM
Yeoman

Hey Scott, Doy do mean the Diamond Princess on April 23rd out of L.A.?

I might go on that VTG Singles cruise if I don't cruise to Hawaii . Angel
Old August 3rd, 2006, 06:22 PM
Passenger

I booked the VTG Carribean Princess 10/29 out of FLL.

Looking to do another cruise before then, but don't know where to go!!!!
Old August 4th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Yeoman

I have some girl friends going on that ship for Halloween. Lots of the East coast singles and other parts of the country will be choosing that cruise.
You will have lots of company.

Decisions, decisions...... check out the vacations to go website and see which ship has the best price. Remember to book a cruise where you can also fily cheaply. For example, there may be a cheapy cruise but then I have to fly to San Juan, PR. to get on the ship which means I pay $800. airfare. I live in the west coast so I have to pay extra money to get there.
See what I mean?
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Beginner

I'm on the Holloween sailing on the Carnival Spirit out of San Diego.
Anyone else going????

Esther
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yeoman

Hey Esther, why don't you change over to the Carnival Pride, Oct.29th, Long Beach, CALIF.? Your travel agent can change your money deposit over to the Pride since it is with the same cruiseline.
There will be approx. 200 singles on the Carnival Pride.
You can fly into Long Beach airport which is the best airport to fly into. Super close to the ship.
Old August 15th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Beginner

Angel: I have my flight reservations already and I wanted the 8 night cruise that goes all the way down to Acapulco! Thanks for the invite though!
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Yeoman

Hi Esther, have lots of fun on your cruise. Yes, 8 days is better than 7 days.
I think that all cruise ships are fun no matter where it is going to.

In Acapulco... make sure you take a tour with the cruise line because it will be safer for you. Acapulco is having some politcal problems so you need to play it save and stay with the tourist group. Don't go off on your own with a taxi driver unless you find a group of people to go with you. The taxi drivers will keep you all safe. But it is too risky for single women. Stay safe.

All the other ports are safe to go where ever you want on your own. You can walk around by yourself and still be safe.
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Yeoman

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006