Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:10 PM
Beginner

Default just divorced, 52M and free again, any ideas?

Just got served papers, and I am planning to get out of dodge in a couple of months, and do some traveling, I would love to meet some open minded lady(s) to start shareing new adventures with...are you game? Cheers
Bmobile
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2006, 10:05 AM
Yeoman

Hey Divorced guy..... enjoy your freedom!! Yea!!!

Here is my advise eventhough you didn't ask for advice. When you meet a gal you like and she is willing to travel with you..... take her on a week-end land trip so if you are not compatiable with her.... you can both agree to split if things don't work out.

On a cruiseship you are stuck together 24/7. You will be sharing a closet cabin. You may be inviting a roomie from hell instead of heaven. So beware of who you choose to travel with before you spend the big bucks and time.

Sexual chemistry is great but you still have to spend time with the gal and meet her expectations of what you will do together in your spare time. You know what I mean? There are times when you will want to be alone reading a book or just walking around the deck. She may want to stick to you like glue and want to do everything together like twin souls.

Go on a singles cruise first and meet some compatiable gals to hang out with and have fun with before you choose a special gal just to travel with and not get into a serious relationship. You need your freedom right now.
You have made it clear that you only want to have fun and hang loose.

Good luck on your search. I feel like Dear Abby.... giving you advise.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Admiral

I agree 150% with Angelgal..the LAST place you want to be is in a cabin on a 7 day cruise with someone you discovered you are not compatable with

take it very very very very slow for the next couple months and don't build up false expectations regarding companionship for this upcoming cruise

be very afraid (smile)..do you have any female friends that are just friends that might want to go with you ? sometimes a female "for real" friend can be a great screener for you to either attract or keep away certain types of females

you are very vulnerable now and just don't know it (been there, done that)

good luck
Old July 23rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
Yeoman

Hey BMobile -- just date as many women as you can possibly squeeze in to your busy schedule. That's the best medicine for a squashed heart.

Go on a Singles cruise with a male cabinmate and meet a ton of single gals. Have a blast! Enjoy your newfound freedom

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old July 23rd, 2006, 01:38 PM
First Mate

Kathy, get off this thread, Dan will follow you and get lost again!!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Hey how did we end up over here? Remember I get lost easy; though good looking ones always do right? 8)
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Hey how did we end up over here? Remember I get lost easy; though good looking ones always do right? 8)
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:09 PM
First Mate

Dan you posted 2x again. Well, since the good looking ones get lost easy, than Kathy and I must do the same.
How would anyone know if you were good looking we never saw the promised pics. We are beginning to wonder what you really look like.
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Beginner

Wow Bmobile,, today is your lucky day!!!! You have come to the right place for advice. I agree totally with all that Anglelgal said and I will advise you on the rest... I have been thru more divorces that I can count and know everything about women and finance. First the financial advice.
In order to survive you gotta get real poor real fast,, or at least make it look that way. Become a drunken gambleaholic. Take a few trips to Vegas quickly and "lose " all your cash. Get on the cruiseship and see the world,, first class or so they think. Because of your travels and gambling problems you now get late on the house/ car/ cr card payments and tell the collector to contact her for payment. Boy that tears em up. If possible take a leave of absence or a long vacation and let your best buddy let everybody know that you got fired for coming to work drunk. Shortly she will settle for almost nada and feel good about herself for getting rid of the 'bum'. I learned this trick from the Donald. Remember how he gets in trouble and goes bankrupt whenever he has a divorce,, and then is back on top when all is settled... If its good enuf for him its fine with olgaryt!!! Works like a charm.
Now all you need to know about women. People make em out to be complicated but they are really very simple creatures if you memorize this one sentence,,, women never say what the mean and never mean what they say. When they call you at work they are just checking to make sure you are there and not out with the secretary. When they say I love you it means they want something expensive, and when they say no not tonight honey it really means not this month if ever...
So Bmobile,, take your criuse soon as possible, have a great time,, meet all the babes you can, and remember that nothing soothes a broken heart like a endless stream of fabulous lovers.
Man I should write a book,, Olgaryt's guide to love and finance,,, probably be a best seller.....
Oh,, one other thing Bmobile,,, by following my advice you will save a ton of money,,,but advise aint free,,, That will be $100,, or just send me your credit card numbers and I will help you get poor fast,, after all,, what are freinds for???

Your friend,,,, Ol Gary T
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Yeoman

Gary takes great liberties with his generalization of *all* women

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Yeoman

Oh..... Gary..... you are soooo honest with your ideas on what you think of women. Thanks for the warning. You have now told us gals to stay far away from you.lol. You sound scary.lol.
Your advise to the divorced guy was the worse advice I have ever heard from a loser. What I am trying to say is that any guy who is willing to ruin his credit rating and look like a bum will be in deep trouble financial. The only guy who can pull that off is you and Trump and other mean spirited guys.

Hey divorced guy.... stay nice and don't listen to Gary. I have been thinking about your offer to travel with you and most likely some other gals may take up on your invitation to travel. Leave your divorce behind you and start a new life of having fun, fun, fun. You are still young and can have a great time with some pretty gals.
What city do you live in? Did you say Dodge City? Just kidding!