Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Yeoman

Default Halloween cruise costumes

I've been seeing some posts from people discussing costumes for their Halloween cruise. I just checked e-bay, and there are over 6100 costumes listed for auction. A lot are for children, but there are many for adults. Check it out.
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Yeoman

I think a lot of singles will be buying their Halloween costumes. I plan to make my own costume since I was born with lots of creativity.

My advise to the gals is to try to find costumes that show off your ASSETS.
I have a friend who said she just wants to put a sheet over her head and cut out two holes for her eyes and be a ghost. I told her not to do that because she is a pretty girl and needs to look pretty so she can meet some guys. Then she said she wanted to dress up like a witch. I nixed that idea too because there are going to be lots or REAL witches on the ship and some REAL vampires on the ship. Those are the two most favorite costumes. And..... you know what? Most all the witches do look a lot like scary witches.
I may dress up like a beautiful Angel with lots of glitter on a beautiful white dress. I am sure I will be able to fly with my beautiful wings. Just kidding.
I haven't really decided on a costume yet but it is going to be an outfit that shows off my assets.

Guys like to wear those scary masks to scare everybody. Yes, they do have fun scaring everybody. Hey Frankenstein.... you are too tall for me.
Hey Boogie man.... don't ask me to dance at the party.lol.

Good luck on finding a great costume. Buy it early in case you need to do alterations on it.
Old July 27th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Admiral

I will check out the e bay costumes as well as the other sites. Not sure if I want to be something ordinary (girly cute) or something unique and unusual, I have some funny ideas too. What ever I decide it has to pack easily and not take up a lot of room in the suitcase.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Beginner

Default Disposable costume

Tyvek -white Plastic/Fabric -Jumpsuit- you can get them from auto parts stores- People use them to cover their nice clothes when they have to change a tire etc. One Size fits most

Glue on cotton balls (one bag) Randomly- don't try and cover the whole suit!-You will go mad! Don't forget a couple for the tail tho.

Voila! You are a sheep! Face paint for nose is optional- could use an eyebrow pencil I suppose for the black nose.

Scrunchs up really small and then you can throw it out if you like!

OR Go as a Tacky Tourist.
Wear the loudest Hawaiian shirt you can find -with shorts that clash- Big Camera and binoculars around your neck. Don't forget the zinc cream to make your nose white...

I will be going as a Q'Tip. Think 2 or 3 sheets of Bristol Board with a couple of rolls of Cotton and a LOT of glue. -No Sitting for me that nite!

Have Fun! Be SAFE!
Old July 31st, 2006, 11:08 AM
First Mate

I had a costume in mind to take on a cruise it's light-weight and easy to put in a suitcase except for the cowboy hat (no, I wasn't going as a cowboy, just the hat). You need to buy or make a costume that accent your body and make everyone remember you after the party the next day. I can imagine alot of sexy costume from many of the women on the cruise.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:36 PM
Yeoman

I totally agree with you Beetle that girls should dress in sexy costumes.

But there are plenty of simple costumes that can be coordinated. People could dress like gypsies.... that is an easy costume to put together.
Dress like a doctor, Men in Black, Blues Brothers, outfits. Cowboy outfits are great too. Just wear jeans and a hat and boots.
Old July 31st, 2006, 08:45 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
I totally agree with you Beetle that girls should dress in sexy costumes.

But there are plenty of simple costumes that can be coordinated. People could dress like gypsies.... that is an easy costume to put together.
Dress like a doctor, Men in Black, Blues Brothers, outfits. Cowboy outfits are great too. Just wear jeans and a hat and boots.

Tell us about the halloween outfit you are going to make for your upcoming Halloween cruise, AngelGal! I'll bet it's going to be amazing!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old August 1st, 2006, 08:45 AM
Yeoman

Hi Kathy, I plan to dress like a naughtly girl and show off my assets.
My boobs and my legs are my assets so I plan to wear a costume with lots of red lace my favorite color. I plan to wrap my body in see through red lace and just wear a red bra and a red tong. Also wear bright red high heels that I will think I am in Kansas. lol. Angel gal
Old August 1st, 2006, 05:00 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hi Kathy, I plan to dress like a naughtly girl and show off my assets.
My boobs and my legs are my assets so I plan to wear a costume with lots of red lace my favorite color. I plan to wrap my body in see through red lace and just wear a red bra and a red tong. Also wear bright red high heels that I will think I am in Kansas. lol. Angel gal
Sounds eyepopping!!! I hope that you have lots of pictures taken and that you will share some of the "tamer" pics with us

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006