Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Beginner

Default Upcoming Singles Cruises via Port Canaveral?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of any upcoming Singles Cruises via Canaveral excluding Carnival? How about one for single parent's? One with a good children's program would be best.

Also- if I am off the mark with my extreme distaste for Carnival please tell me otherwise. I just got off the Disney Magic this morning and there were little to no singles- only a pack of dads with wedding rings- lounging pool side while the moms ran around with the kids.

Thanks, L
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Most singles cruises are on Carnival due to the fact that they offer the most activities that appeal to the singles groups. If you dislike Carnival so much, look into the various offerings by the singles cruise companies. There is a singles cruise calendar available on this website. Book one on a ship that appeals to you.
Carnival Glory 9/2006
Holiday 11/2006
Fantasy 04/26/07
Carnival Freedom 11/24/07 - Open Bar Cruise!!!
Old July 30th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Yeoman

Hi, I also dislike Carnival. But when you are cruising with a group of singles the ship doesn't matter.
You should call Vacationstogo.com and other Singles travel agencies to see when they will have a Single Parent's cruise with kids. They do show up once in a while. You will have to be willing to cruise out of a different port.
Old July 30th, 2006, 10:28 PM
First Mate

I have went on Carnival and Holland America. Took kids on both. Carnival was very organized when it came to the kids and they enjoyed it very much. In fact the kids didn't want to leave. Holland America, well my son hated it!! I said here is your schedule, he said throw it away. I said why? Well, they don't do anything it says, we just hang out. He was bored the entire time on the ship. There were only about 20 kids in his age range. Carnival, never saw either of my children. If you are out to please the kids go Carnival. Holland America I would save for a cruise when you leave the kids home. Also I understand there are more single and younger people on cruises under 7 days. Hope that helps.
Old August 1st, 2006, 02:54 PM
Yeoman

Personally, I like Carnival...for the food. Otherwise, the ships are crowded with mostly families these days, because the more cabins bought the more savings, thus large groups are going together which leaves singles on the outside looking in unless they are on an organized singles cruise.

I also like sailing out of Port Canaveral, and not just because it is only an hour's drive from where I live. It's easier to get in and out of with parking close to the ships, and it's also great for people coming in from out of state to take an extra day or two and visit Orlando and all the theme parks, plus there is Cape Canaveral nearby, a very interesting place.

Check the Cruisemates Singles Calendar listings for departure ports.
Old August 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I also don't care for Carnival. Have tried it once so I can say. I prefer Royal Caribbean all the way and have sailed (among others) the Sovereign many times. Doing the Mariner next year. Both out of Port Canaveral. Never part of a singles group but have never failed to meet other singles and have a great time. Go when I cruise and you will meet a really cool single dad. I take my kids every year and go by myself once a year.

Disney is great I am sure but I can imagine a lack of singles and an overpriced cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old August 1st, 2006, 05:48 PM
First Mate

Carnival did not have good food both times I cruised with them and their staff was not as friendly. Good food and very helpful, nice staff go on Holland America. I have heard RC is good too, but I have never sailed with them. Again, I wouldn't take kids on HAL, my son siad rather be in school, than be at sea on HAL.