Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2006, 03:39 AM
Beginner

Default First time cruiser needs advice.

I was originally going on a cruise with my girlfriend on the Carnival Celebration, 12/16/06 but we've broke up since then. I've got a buddy that's willing to go with me but is it worth it? I'm 26 and my buddy is 23. Do to my profession I can't really go on any other date. I've never been on a cruise before, if you don't actually book a singles cruise is it all couples and families?
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to wildjen68

I would go I don't think you'll find to many families on your cruise since christmas is the next week.You can start a roll call thread to see if anyone on here is going on your cruise. you can post here in the singles section and the carnival roll section call thread.
jen/ct
Old September 8th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: First time cruiser needs advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro$$
I've never been on a cruise before, if you don't actually book a singles cruise is it all couples and families?
>>>>
Unfortunately, these days it is mostly couples and families unless you are booked on an organized singles cruise. It did not used to be that way, but with cruise lines offering huge discounts the more cabins you book, families are planning reunions, newly-weds are taking friends along, couples are cruising with other couples, i.e., large groups of friends, etc., etc.

Check the Cruisemates Singles Cruise Calendar as to whether there might be a listing for the date you have planned to sail. Even if you have to pay a penalty for switching, it might be worth it. Otherwise, go ahead and go on the one you have booked and check with the maitre 'd when you board and ask whether there are other singles, and, if so, request seating with them for dinner. And be sure to go to the Singles Get Acquainted party the first night. Most ships still host them regardless of the lack of singles.
Old September 8th, 2006, 04:23 PM
First Mate

Dude yah cant bag the cruise because you broke up with the GF. That means she wins.

Its a Carnival ship so Im sure there will be plenty of people having a good time.

In all seriousness go, drink, be merry and dont forget your mistletoe belt buckle.

Oh yeah dont forget to send her post cards from where you go, preferably with bikini girls on them.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Beginner

The pic kinda loses it's effect if the bikini girls are using walkers. 8)
Old September 10th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Yeoman

Bad time to cruise with just one friend. It will mostly be an older crowd of couples. I am telling you the truth. Unless a singles group is on the ship too.
There is a singles cruise on Dec.15th by vacationstogo.com You may want to cruise with them. You will find a younger crowd if you choose a 3 or 4 day cruise.
Old September 17th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to danielkelley
Default Options

1) post a better picture!
2) why were you going on the cruise? if romance, cancel now. If to travel, take anyone else as a share. You and a companion can have a BALL partying, going ashore, trying to get lucky, just hanging, girl watching, etc. It's not like you'll be any more bored than you choose - there are TONS of things to do. Even an old f_ _ _ like me is 100% active, and can't wait to go on my next cruise.
3) the food and entertainment and sights are FABULOUS!
4) the drinks are expensive, but worth it - where else can you pay $5 fo a beer? Get acquainted with your server. M or F, I find it an education within an education.

Blessings, and post me about your time when you get back!
Dan