Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Passenger

Default Singles cruise length

I've noticed that the bulk of singles cruise offerings are 7 day cruises.

A few are 4-5 night as well.

For the "vacation-challenged traveller" what are some of the differences between the 7 day, and shorter cruises? Is there a big difference in atmosphere on the shorter cruises? I've heard that in general the average age is lower on the shorter cruises (I'm 37 btw).

I'm trying to schedule my first cruise for next year, and am trying to balance vacation time.

Could someone who has travelled on both the week, and shorter hosted cruises help shed a little light on this for me?
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2006, 12:04 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Singles cruise length

Dmcrews,

I have been both on a 3 day and a 7 day cruise I prefer the 7 day for singles.

Why, well on a 3 day cruise you do not have enough time to get to know anyone especially the opposite sex. If you do everything will be RUSHED. On a 7, 8, or 12 day cruises you can really relax and meet a variety of people and have some time to yourself to rest or go on excursions.

Unless you live in Florida or the California coast where you can take a cruise just about any time I would treat it like an event.

The longer the better!!!
Old September 19th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Passenger

Thanks Beetle,

That's what I figured on the shorter cruises. It seemed to me that things might feel a bit too rushed to really enjoy getting to know anyone.

The others might be a good quick getaway, but not if your goal is a singles-oriented cruise? Sounds about right.
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Yeoman

I much prefer the longer cruises. At least seven days. Anything shorter and I don't even think it's worthwhile to unpack. And it's true, the shorter the cruise the younger the singles. That's because they often do not have enough vacation time for the longer cruises. Plus the shorter cruises are cheaper.
Old October 18th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

Prefer seven to ten days on a cruise; it's not worth cruising for less than a week; my personal opinion, that's all. Next cruise is eight days!!!!! Damn is it April yet:-)
Old October 21st, 2006, 01:16 PM
Yeoman

I notice you live in New York. New York now has tons of ships in port and they have great cruise rates presently.

I live in Los Angeles, Calif. and I plan to take as many singles cruises out of L.A./Long Beach port. I love the ocean and the singles cruise experience, never mind the ports. I don't have to fly.... that is the best part.

I prefer the 7 day single cruises because you really have time to make friends. Plus, cruisers on a 7 day cruise are more likely to have the money to cruise again if they enjoy cruising.

I made several friends on a 4 day singles cruise but when I called them later none of them could afford to cruise on the 7 day cruises. I am sure there were singles who could afford to cruise on longer cruises but I didn't get to meet them.

I have been on a 12 day cruise and I didn't like it because I felt isolated from the outside world. It was just too long for me. I have a friend who wants to go on a 11 day cruise with me but I am afraid to cruise with a roomie that long. What if we don't get along as roomies? A 7 or 8 day cruise goes really fast so I prefer that over the longer cruises. Angel