Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
Beginner

Default My first cruise! Carnival Pride Singles group Halloween!

I have just booked my first cruise on the Carnival Pride leaving from Long Beach on October 29th. I am booked with the VTG singles group, so I am looking forward to meeting some new fun people. Here is a link to my Myspace.com page if anyone is interested in learning a little bit about me before the cruise.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=76660752

Is there anyone else that is going on this cruise that has a Myspace profile? Drop me an e-mail and let me know. I will be getting in town on Saturday morning and plan to do some sightseeing in LA too.
Later,
G
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

Gman, introduce yourself to friends of mine on your sailing...Dee from Detroit, Bill from Northern Virginia and Daryl from Houston if you geta chance to meet them. Tell them Kar from NY said hello.
Old October 25th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Yeoman

Hi Kar, I will tell Dee hello for you. I have already met her on our VTG message board. I am also cruising on the Carnival Pride, Oct.29th.

Hey G-Man, Rick says that he is not rich. Some of the gold diggers are chasing after him just because he has a penthouse suite.lol.
Did you notice especially some gals chasing him?
I noticed Effie shot down Morris Hill with his offer to hang out with her. She said, "No". Then she says to Rick, "looking foreward to meeting you." She is too much.
Rick is going to have lots of babes chasing after him just because they think he has money.lol. Anyway..... I just plan to go see his suite just for fun.
My cell number is (phone number deleted). I am staying on the Queen Mary on Sat.
Hey, we will talk later. Angel gal
Old October 26th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Happy Halloween Cruise

Dee is a good friend of mine; just spoke to her last night and will see her New Year's Eve. Send her my best. Have a blast on your cruise!!!

Kar
Old October 30th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Let us know about your cruise when you return; all the juicy details:-)

Old October 31st, 2006, 10:09 AM
Yeoman

Do post when you return and tell the rest of us who did not get to go how great it was. We always love hearing about singles cruises.
Old November 6th, 2006, 01:42 PM
First Mate

Default Just curious

Anyone back from the Halloween cruise?
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Yeoman

Hi Everybody, I am back from the Halloween cruise on the Carnival Pride.

Hey KAR, I had dinner almost every night with your friends Bill and Daryl.
Bill was a BLAST!! He danced on top of our dinner table during the Macarena dance with the waiters night. Darrell is a real nice guy and very quiet and a very elegant guy who happens to be a captain in the Houston, Texas, police dept. I was born in Houston so we became fast friends.

There were plenty of beautiful young gals in their 30's and handsome guys in their 30's. But since I am in my 50's I had a great time talking with the older guys. We would hug and kiss like old friends. I would hang out with the young gals and act like their protective aunt since I am an Angel gal. We had lots of fun in the ports and on the cruise.
All the new cruisers are planning to book again during Halloween because it was so much fun with all the beautiful outfits people were wearing.
There were some connections with some singles. Some got really serious over eachother.

The food, service, cabins, and single activities were excellant with the cruise ship and also with the VTG SINGLES.

I love to eat so I was having fun eating the soft swirl ice cream cones that were free. Cappuchinos were only free in the main dinning room for the breakfast, lunch and dinner..... so I took advantage of that.

I am a big time dancer and G-Man can say that I was a dancing fool on the dance floor and would entertain the audience at the dance floors.
I found some great dancers like.... Randy, Dean, and Farsad. They could dance to any style of dancing. They were young and handsome.

But the man I really liked who is close to my age group was the one I really wanted. He called me today twice and it looks like I have a telephone buddy to talk with from now on. I love having guy friends to talk with. It could turn into something serious or not..... but I plan to have fun talking with him. He is from Chicago and may go on the Oosterdam on Jan.20th..... so I may be seeing him again soon. He is a super classy guy.... hummm.... I really like him.

HEY G-MAN..... CAN YOU POST THE GROUP PHOTO ON THIS WEBSITE?
I looked fantastic on that photo with my orange sweather and blond hair blowing in the wind. I was right in front with the VTG HOSTS on the deck.
Some of the guys are wondering what I look like so I think this photo will show them what I look like. Angel gal.
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Yeoman

Hey Pat..... there was 'one bad apple" in the singles group. It was a gal in her 50's who thought she was the chosen one. She made me super angry when she asked a guy I was eating a snack with to go out for a walk on the outside deck with her and leave me in the dust. I was ready to throw her off the ship..... but instead I told her to leave us alone. She did that to other singles too.
She was also a con artist - she would tell the guys that she forgot her Sail card in her cabin and would ask for a free drink. "DUH".... THAT CARD also opens her cabin door. So the guys got wise to her game.

She was also a gold digger - she would ask the guys what type of car they drove, if they owned their own home, what type of work they did, etc.
The guys started running away from her like cock-roaches.lol.

She told one rich guy that she would have sex with him if he would buy her some expensive jewelry on the ship jewelry store. He told her to leave him alone.

Her final flaw was when she made a racist remark to one of our singles who is part African. No one would tell me exactly what she said to him except he was ready to throw her in the ocean for the racist comment she made to him.
She also told one fat guy how he could make love with all that weight on him. The guy was left speechless.

She ended up being all alone on the cruise since she was a witch and we all tried to stay away from her as much as possible.
BEWARE OF WITCHES WHO LOOK NORMAL!!
Her final comments of the cruise was that she had the best time ever on the cruise.

Handy hint of her user name - fire mixed with dirt like the volcanos in Hawaii when they erupt. Angel gal.
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:31 AM
First Mate

Angel Gal, you are a class act and glad you had a great time. May I ask how many singles was in the VTG group?
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Yeoman

Hi Beetle. There were 175 single cruisers. It was 50-50 male and females.

There were some cruisers from cruisesingles.com who were advertising their cruises. I noticed one guy gave a flyer to two young girls sitting with me at lunch time but he didn't give me one. I am a mature gal so I guess they are looking for the young gals to attract more guys to their group. I felt left out and told VTG Hosts about the flyers. I was pisssed they didn't give me a flyer. They did it in front of my face too... which was totally rude. I would like to cruise with cruisesingles.com too. VTG Hosts said they would handle the problem in their own way.

I think there were about 10 persons from cruisesingles.com and they had their own click. I heard they invited a group of singles to go eat at the expensive diner named "David's". I wasn't invited but some of my vtg friends were invited. I didn't care when I heard about it because the food was fantastic in the Normandie dinning restaurant anyway.

I am a very outspoken gal so I quess they didn't care for my company. I don't let people tell me what I can talk about or not talk about on any subject. I kicked their hinneys verbally and I guess they didn't like me. I don't follow pack rats. I do my own thinking. I consider myself a verbal warrior. I paid to have a great time and I believe on freedom of speech.
So I hung out with two law enforcement officers and my friends that I met on the cruise ship.
I can't say that singlescruise.com is a bad group because of two people from that group didn't like me. I do plan to cruise with them sometime in the future because I hear they are a great group to cruise with. Sometimes I need to cruise on certain dates and if they have a cruise available I will cruise with them.

VTG ROCKS!!! IT IS PRESENTLY THE NUMBER ONE SINGLES GROUP!!!
Lots of the singles gave VTG rave reviews on our private message board. I am looking foreward to cruising with them again soon. Angel gal
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Yeoman

I want to make one last comment. The Carnival Pride had the bad habit of screaming into a loud speaker information while we were in port and eating lunch. It was so loud and too long of a speech. They could have cut it short.

At the shows the music was so loud I had to put ear plugs on. Some of the other single cruisers also didn't like all that noise. It was like the song Jennifer Lopez sings of "Lets get Loud" EVERYDAY on the cruise ship. They were trying to make it look like it was a FUN SHIP as they advertise it to be.

There were a lot of classy cruisers on the ship and they didn't need to hear all that noise. That is the only complaint I have of the ship.

One cruiser who ate dinner at "David"S restaurant got ripped off when he ordered a glass of brandy that cost $100.00 for just a GLASS of brandy. Yes, it was only one glass of brandy. He assumed it was going to cost a normal rate. The drink list didn't have the prices listed. He made a big stink about it but they didn't return his money. The guy has money so he has decided not to fight it with the Carnival Corp. Office or his credit card company. Buyers Beware. He got ripped off by Carnival.

I don't think I want to cruise with the Carnival cruise-line after I complete my next already paid cruise with them. It is too late to cancel my cruise with them.
It is a beautiful ship with great service, great food, great bedding and pillows, plush towels, etc. I am looking foreward to that part of my final cruise with them.

I had a great roomie that I invited to be my roomie. A friend of mind was part of the match program and got a bad apple with a bad attitude. She wasn't very nice to my friend. The gal never ate dinner with us. She ate at the buffet every night. She would tell my friend to spray her perfume outside of the cabin. She would hog the t.v. She told my friend that I should act my age and didn't like me. That didn't bother me. I felt sorry for my friend that she got a lousy room-mate.
It is best to pay the extra money to get your own cabin. Angel gal
Old November 8th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Admiral

Default Just back from the Pride

We had sooo much fun!!!! I will be writing a review as promised soon. Halloween was excellent so many costumes, I was really impressed. The ports were excellent, the shore excursions were great and worth every penny, the group was large, the food was good, our waitstaff and room steward did a great job. Great to see my former cruise friends again and to meet some new ones. Can't wait for a reunion cruise!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean