Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Beginner

Default S/W/F seeking same to share a 5-7 day cruise!

Hi,

S/W/F (young 43) seeking same to share a 5-7 day cruise! I'm wanting to book a cruise (looking at Carnival) going out of a Florida Port, preferably Orlando (Cape Canaveral) or Tampa. I'm looking at a 11/25 cruise or a mid/late January cruise when children are in school and rates are low. I want an ocean view cabin. I'm only seeking another female who wants to share the cost of a cabin so I don't have to pay the single supplement. I will be responsible for all of my expenses and I expect the same in a cabin mate. It would be nice if we could do some things together like dining, entertainment, excusions, sunning, but we can just go our on way. I would prefer an active female in their 30's to early 50's. She should be a non-smoker, neat and courteous, and not a heavy drinker. If you are interested, please reply. This would be my first cruise so a more experienced cruiser would be great. Thanks you. S.G. from South Carolina.
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Yeoman

You should also post this on the "Seeking Cruise Companion" message board.

Good luck in finding someone.
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Passenger

Dear S.

My name is Kathy. I'm also 43, single white and obviously female. I booked on to a new year's Eve Cruise leave Ft. Lauderdale Dec 30th for the Carribean. They matched me with someone the very first day---but if you decide to do this crise, I bet they could find you a roomate immediately and we could meet. I'm in a balcony room and the total cost of the cruise is $1,300 for 7 days. I'm a non-smoker, a professional, have a black belt in shopping but aside from that, my favorite thing is doing nothing by the pool with a book or if the spa is good, that works too. I don't gamble, am not athletic, and my idea of a fun excursion is swimming with dolphins or seeing a ethnic healer or participating or doing some kind of crafts. I hope to travel several times a year from now on. I never had the courage to go anywhere alone, but times they are a changin'. And I'm a changin' with 'em. I live in L.A. and if you want to stay in touch and plan another crusie for later in the year (May??) just before school is out but after spring break---I would be up for that. I have a master's degree and prefer deep sober conversations to 4-martini conversations in which you think you're saying deep things but aren't. But hay, I'm not opposed to hapy hour either.

Kathy
Old October 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Beginner

Hi,

Where do you want to cruise to?

I, too, am looking for someone to share a cabin to avoid the single supplement, but I haven't decided where I want to go yet.

I live in San Diego, but I can fly anywhere to get a ship, if necessary.

Leisure Lover
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Passenger

Default Hi Leisure Lover

I think it would be fun to go to south America---or another part of the eastern carribean---I'll know better about that after the new year? Eventually I thin once I have the whole travel things down, it would be fun to cruise to India---New Zeland, thailand...

Are you female? (from birth)

How old are you?

Kathy
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Beginner

Hi Kathy,

Yes, I'm female (from birth, ) and wish to remain so until death! I am 53, but I have no kids and am very young for my age. I have an on-and-off boyfriend but I live alone and work alot.

The best months for me to go anywhere are May, June (except June 2007 I have to be on call for jury duty), July, November, I guess. I usually go to the UK in April and September.

I have always wanted to go on a Mediterrean cruise, too. South America would be fun. I have never been to the Caribbean, either. I lived in Miami when I was a kid. I am originally from New Orleans.

Usually twice a year I have to travel to the UK for business and usually also tack on a short side trip. I just got back from the UK and Paris (for 5 days) at the end of September. Unless your company is paying for transoceanic travel, I think a cruise is a better value for your money.

Linda
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Yeoman

The Med cruises are amazing. There's nothing like cruising the Greek Isles! However, we have some amazing cruises right out of San Diego too! That way, there's no air travel involved. I've booked two out of San Diego and am greatly looking forward to it.

Please consider joining our single cruise on HAL's Oosterdam departing San Diego on 1/20/07. It's guaranteed to be an absolute blast!!

Kathy in San Diego

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old October 26th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Beginner

Hi Kathy in San Diego,

Thanks for the invite, but I am on a special diet until around late April and I can't eat regular food. A cruise before then would be way too tempting for me.

Maybe there will be another singles cruise out of San Diego later in 2007. What is the best way to find out about that? Do you know?

I would love to cruise out of San Diego whenever possible, but the cruise destinations are very limited.

Linda
Old October 26th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Yeoman

I have an awesome travel agent in Escondido who keeps me apprised of the great deals on singles cruises

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006