Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Beginner

Hi, I'm on this singles cruise too! I'm excited, it's my first. I'm 25 and traveling with another 25-year-old- we're former roommates.
Aside from Thoth, has anyone picked their excursions?
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Beginner

Default Hi, kt5green

Well I plan to sign up for at least one shore excursion - the private group excursion in Grand Cayman (Swimming with the Stingrays). I've been to Grand Cayman twice before but I never visited Stingray City. I never snorkeled before, but I would like to give it a try after giving it serious thought. And I'm also working on plans for the other ports as well. Can't wait for that yahoo chatroom to be up pretty soon!!!!
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Passenger

Default Do you SCUBA dive?

What do you like to do?
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Beginner

Default I'm going on this cruise too!

I just made my final payment and I am looking into excursions. Any recommendations? (I'm not a big fan of the ones that require bug spray and iguanas!)
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Do you SCUBA dive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naui6542
What do you like to do?
I've never SCUBAed, but I love to snorkel- are the excursions that are just to the beaches any good for snorkeling? Can you see anything? Or is it better to take one of the boats out somewhere? I snorkeled at Coco Cay on my last cruise and saw tons of fish, no boat needed.

I'm definitely interested in the Stingrays, though slightly nervous about the whole barbed tail thing...
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Passenger

this is what iam planning'

caymens...stingrays..done before..was greattime then heading right to senor frogs for partying the rest of the day

costa maya heading to the party at the playa beach..

belieze..tubing..havent done this yet but heard it was a blast

roatan...going to the singles beach party

karl
Old February 26th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chetter

Hello :

Oh Girl you are you going to have a blast !! If you have never done Sting Ray city Do It Those Critters are Harmless . I have been 7 times and I just love to meet up with Lorreta She's the biggest stingray there . I must say keep a eye on your Camera. I suggest you buy a Disposable undrwater Camera (Wal Mart 8.99??) I had my Sony Digital stolen from my Back Pac while I was swimming with the sting Rays .

I have never been to Roatan So thats going to be a newbie for me . Also with Costa Maya .

Introduce yourself to me and I will make sure You are invited to the Blender party . We had 2 on the Halloween cruise . It was very successful . My friend Walt and My self and 2 gals from Chicago and 1 gal from ottawa Canada are Organizing it . Detail will follow when they put up the Yahoo Website (1st week of April )

See ya on the Cruise

Chetter
May 13 will be my 19th cruise Hi Karl Can't wait to see ya again !!We are going to pick up the Vodka on Saturday in Miami
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetter
I suggest you buy a Disposable undrwater Camera (Wal Mart 8.99??) I had my Sony Digital stolen from my Back Pac while I was swimming with the sting Rays .
Hey Chetter, thanks for the camera advice, I'll be sure to get some disposables for the beach. And thanks for the formal wear info. on that other thread, I'm starting my packing lists (too early, you're thinking? I say hah, that's half the fun)

- Katie
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

Message to katie..

When Chetter invites you to a blender party - GO!!!!! Karl and Chetter are great guys!!!

Will miss you Chetter; sailing on the 4/1 Cruise with Singlescruise. Hopefully our paths will cross soon.

Karon
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Passenger

Chetter

looking forward to cruising with you again too. sounds good on the vodka on saturday. I have some i will send to the hotel. found some mojotio mix to bring. so i shall gave some rum on sat. maybe i can find mint leafs too in miami. I just booked my flights..i will be in on friday night at 730 in fll. so i shall be down in miami around 9ish. maybe you helen and i and anyone else can hang out over at bayside friday night

karl
Old February 27th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Passenger

Greetings :

Thanks Karon for the Compliment . I will miss you too , I always think of the time DNA and You came to Oregon . It was Fanstatic .

Karl I will let you know about Friday Night , I have to pick up Walt at 3:30Pm at MIA and Wanda at 12:30 Pm at FLL . We would like to go out to eat after they all check in . Bay side sounds like a Fanstatic idea to end the Night . I've always like Bayside Esp. on a Warm Evening There ia so much to do there .

See ya'll soon
Chetter
Old February 27th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

8) 8) Greetings Cruisemates

Hey!! Chetter My Brother...BM's at Dinner.....!!!

To The Cruise
Sir Duke

Ps, Mates you shall have a Most Excellent Ad-Venture with The 'Chetter'

Oh! Yeah..... 8)
Old February 28th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Chetter; we had a great time in Portland...DNA and I. Hope our paths cross again soon.

I plan on being in Denver last weekend in July for Jen's wedding! That's pretty much my travel this year; will NOT be in Vegas or Chicago.

Karon
Old February 28th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Chetter; we had a great time in Portland...DNA and I. Hope our paths cross again soon.

I plan on being in Denver last weekend in July for Jen's wedding! That's pretty much my travel this year; will NOT be in Vegas or Chicago.

Karon
Old March 7th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ukukgent Send a message via Yahoo to ukukgent

HI
so i am a English guy, heading on the singles cruise do you recommend i just come the day of the sailing or are any of you meeting up before you go
john
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Passenger

theres a bunch of people coming in early for the cruise. If you are with the singles group...have you went onto the website thats set up for us? alot of people are staying at the holiday inn at the port of miami. i know some are staying in south beach. but the precruise party will be at bayside so iam told. its right across the stree from the hoilday inn. so far i know theres people coming in on thursday friday and alot on saturday..so the precruise party should be quite a few people

karl
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Beginner

Hello all, I too will be on this cruise and will be arriving two days before it so let the party begin.

A big shout out to Karl, Chetter and Kate !!!!!
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Admiral

Anyone get tickets yet ? I know...I just CAN'T wait ...darn-it !

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old April 15th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Passenger

Default Looking for singles to hook up with

I am booked on the May 13, 2007 Carnival Valor cruise. I am not booked with VTG, but I am interested in meeting and hooking up with other singles.
Old April 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Passenger

Hello :

I'm booked on the May 13th Cruise and I'm going with the Singles group . If you hang out on deck I'm sure you will find all of us Partying and most likely you will fit right in . Are you Male Or Female How Old are you ?

CK
Old April 16th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetter
Hello :

I'm booked on the May 13th Cruise and I'm going with the Singles group . If you hang out on deck I'm sure you will find all of us Partying and most likely you will fit right in . Are you Male Or Female How Old are you ?

CK
Chetter,
I am male and 43. I don't look 43. Are you talking about the Lido Deck?
Old April 16th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Passenger

Hello Playing Fletch

Yes we will all be on the Lido deck at the Pool Bar .with 170 singles you can't miss us . You 'll probaly not be able to participate in the events nor sit with us at dinner . But most likely you can hang with us .THe dinner part may be up to Carnivale

Chetter
Old April 16th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Passenger

Chetter,
That's cool. Thanks!
Old April 16th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Passenger

Default Me too!! May 13th here we come!

I am heading out to the first cruise of my life! I hope it is as much fun as I imagine! VTG...I read they have a yahoo chat room..is it up? Would like to meet some peeps befroe boarding..that be nice! I am a female 29 and ready to relax!

If you have any great tips that I can use being a newbie..fill me in! Do they have any horse-back riding by the shore excursions?
Old April 18th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Passenger

the website is up and running.its been up for about month andso. ask dixie or who u booked with.they will send u a email to get onto the site
Old April 18th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Passenger

Hi Everyone,

I just recently booked this cruise with VTG and am so excited words can't express how I feel lol...

I won't be able to get to the yahoo chat until friday but when I do I am looking forward to getting to know some of you ....
I am probably older than most of you but I can hold my own in just about any situation lol...

25 days and counting (I am known as the countdown queen lol)...

Cathie
Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Admiral

Well we made it back. No I wasn't part of the VTG group I did see ya'll around. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did ! 8)

/ticker.png">