Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Passenger

Default Comparing the different agencies

Hi all...me again!

Is there a good place to see a comparison between the major agencies that offer single/solo hosted cruises? Especially the ones listed on the calendar page?

I read the thread below about the SinglesCruises.com photos, and that was very helpful. But what about other agencies? Are there agency reviews anywhere? Something that goes more into the hosting itself, and not the overall cruise...like general size of the group, is age-distribution, or gender distribution different between agencies, how many hosts, professionalism, percieved value, anything unique, etc.

Reviews more about the group part of the cruise, than the normal cruise line, or sailing review.

Right now, my "overplanning" gene is in full gear. I'm looking at the Memorial Day 5-day cruise with SinglesCruise, or waiting until New Years 08 for a 7 day.
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

Great question; interested in hearing about VTG Singles cruises. Sailed with Singlescruise.com and have been happy with the agency overall and happy with the people I have met in the last three years.
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Yeoman

I have never heard of a review of Singles travel groups. I have been traveling with a Singles group named Travelin Singles who was a family owned company. I got bored with them as the singles going on the cruises became uninteresting to me.
Presently, I can say that Vacations to go is number one with me.... so I plan to cruise with them as much as possible. But if they don't have a cruise planned on the month that I want to cruise..... I will be willing to cruise with other Singles groups.

I found a travel company that lists tons of singles cruises planned by them and other single groups. It is named "Escapades Cruises.com

Listen guys.... All I care about is that I am traveling with other singles. I don't care what the hostesses are like.... or.... what singles plans they have for the singles..... or the age range of singles, etc.
All I care about is that I am traveling and cruising. I love to cruise. Angel
Old October 19th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Vacations to Go

Heard some wonderful and not so wonderful reviews on this agency; this is a possibility for me to sail in the future with them. Can anyone sell me on this agency and why?
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Yeoman

I have been with VTG for 5 years which was before they started the Hosted Singles group. It is a very reliable company. They are located in Houston, Texas, where I was born. The Hosts and Hostesses are all from Houston. They are all very sweet. The Managers will fight for your money if a cruise-line is stubborn like NCL cruise-line. Kari Lee who is the manager of the singles group will plan a certain cruise if you ask them. She makes the plans. Dixie creates a singles newsletter monthy. Romeo is a great host who knows a lot about cruising. I like them all as hosts and hostesses.

I have my favorite agents whom I can call any time and ask questions. They have 300 agents. But the hosted singles section have about 8 agents that you call for information.

They RETURN YOUR MONEY right away if you change your mind about a certain cruise that you made a deposit on.

They will let you think about wether sp you want to cruise or not instead of putting pressure on you to make a deposit.

They give you all the attention you want. I have never had any problems with them.

BOOK YOUR OWN CABIN BY YOURSELF and not do the match program and that way you will not run into problems.

Negatives - If you are a person that needs a lot of attention...... you should book with a small singles group company because VTG attracts 200 singles. They usually have two or three hosts on a cruise and they are there to listen to your problems on the cruise. Some singles have emotional problems, alcoholics, and other serious problems. Those are the types of people who will complain about any agency. I already know of one lady that belongs to this message board who has emotional problems. She made some bad choices on a cruise and then complained about VTG being the problem. It was her problem.

Then..... there are the PRINCESSES & PRINCES who if they don't find a partner right away..... they go home and complain that the singles group didn't have any high class singles for them to hang out with.

Some Singles are not very nice people..... so beware and not be sooo trusting about the other singles. We once met up with a con-artist who acted really nice but was out to get things for free from us singles.
There are some singles who are out to just have sex and dump the person. Some singles say mean things to eachother.

Don't expect to find love on the ship. Everybody is there just for the moment of fun on the ship.

Positives about VTG - I have never had a problem with that agency. My experience has been very positive. They create some great ice breakers so we can meet eachother. We have our own private message board with a photo gallery of ourselves and our pets and kids.

One more thing.... I am going on a VTG singles cruise soon and I am totally looking foreward to it. I plan to have fun, fun, fun, and a blast.
I like to just hang loose and do my own thing. I don't need a cruise host to be holding my hand because I am not needy emotionally. I am a social butterfly and love to mingle and talk to people no matter what age, religion, etc.
I love to write about cruising so I belong to several cruising message boards. This is my reality.
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for that wonderful review; I will look at their cruises for the next year or so. I have friends sailing on the Halloween cruise from Long Beach and I will wait to hear from them about their experience.

Thanks for taking the time out and letting me know your views. Totally appreciate it.