CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   Hanging banners off of your balcony cabin railings (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/323329-hanging-banners-off-your-balcony-cabin-railings.html)

gwydiana November 12th, 2006 08:01 PM

Hanging banners off of your balcony cabin railings

Has anybody ever seen this done? Is it permissable to do so?

I probably should have ascertained this before paying $50+ to have one made up! :roll:

SmileHMB November 12th, 2006 08:31 PM

who knows, should be

I know lights are ok. I see no reason why you can't. Which cruise is it for? We have to work out rope lights for ours!!!

gwydiana November 12th, 2006 08:38 PM

It's for all three of my cruises, including ours!!!

Pat Hagan Singles Editor November 12th, 2006 09:10 PM

Something tells me it's a no-no. If I were you I would call the cruise line directly and ask. Talk to the PR department, as I doubt anyone in sales would be able to give you a definitive answer.

Good luck, though. I think it's a cute idea.

SmileHMB November 13th, 2006 12:13 AM

go for it

I say you go for it. If they see it and want it taken done, then do so. Otherwise it's up!! Ok, Kathy now you know, bit of a rebbel (did I spell that right?)here. Could be in trouble with me as a roomie!

Beetlegator November 14th, 2006 01:22 PM

I agree with Pat, but call the cruiseline just to cover yourself but I suspect it's more of a fire hazard and a security concern.

Enjoy your cruise, my dear.

Angelgal November 14th, 2006 05:27 PM

I prefer to put a poster on my door that says CRUISE-ADDICT.COM. It is so much easier to find my cabin. If I forget my poster..... I use a ship post card that is given to you in the cabin. I carry my tape stuff with me.

I have seen the ship workers wash the balcony windows once per week during the week. So if you have a banner it will get all wet. You are not supposed to leave anything out on the balcony because it will get wet when they wash the window and the balcony. I saw it in the NCL Cruise ship.

SmileHMB November 14th, 2006 08:10 PM

Forgot about the washing, it was nightly on NCL Dawn. As long as it is tied tight it should hang in. Either way deck lights and our door will be the best since we are sailing on the Love Boat!

Beetlegator November 15th, 2006 07:42 AM

Hmmm, single women calling attention to themselves using banners . . . that can be good or bad.

gwydiana November 15th, 2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlegator
Hmmm, single women calling attention to themselves using banners . . . that can be good or bad.

The banner says nothing about single women.

It says, "The weather is here, wish you were beautiful"

Beetlegator November 15th, 2006 11:41 AM

quote]

The banner says nothing about single women.

It says, "The weather is here, wish you were beautiful"[/quote]

I stand corrected, but while the ship is at sea . . . who will see it?

SmileHMB November 15th, 2006 10:41 PM

who cares

Who cares who sees it. It is all for fun. Other ships in port will see it. Who will see our lights, we will and we are all that matters.

Angelgal November 16th, 2006 04:35 AM

Delted by me.

SmileHMB November 16th, 2006 10:55 AM

I guess we will see how it works on the cruise Kathy is on now!! For any of you cruising will us, I have a feeling you will find out how crazy we can be.

Angelgal November 16th, 2006 02:49 PM

deleted

gwydiana November 25th, 2006 06:00 PM

The banner worked great! It hung in there even when we hit the tropical storm outside of Costa Rica. Man our ship was a'rockin'! I knew the Captain from a previous sailing I was on and had no problems hanging the banner whatsoever!

I will post pictures as soon as I've unpacked and found my digital to upload them from.

Dave the Wave November 25th, 2006 07:29 PM

I am glad it worked for you! I thought it was a great idea! 8)