Solo cruising on the Carnival Pride just for the experience
I found a great rate and the upgrade fairies gave me a cabin on deck 8, for the rate of $660.00.... single suppliment. Yea!
Cruised from Nov.26th to Dec.3rd., on the Carnival Pride.
Here is my cruise review:
1. I had a great cabin with plenty of storage space. It was fun having my own cabin and I could have all the space to myself. Plus, I had the use of two robes provided by the ship. Plenty of towels, a frigerator to put my sodas, water and snacks from the buffet. I also kept bananas for late night snacks.
2. I was assigned to late dinner and had dinner with three single gals close to my age group. We had fun the first night.... but the second night I realized that all three gals were on the ship just to drink alcohol all day long and night. So I decided to change to the early dinner with a friend that I met on the ship. My new friend was close to my age and loved to sing Karaoke. Plus, we would stay up late and dance til 2a.m.
If we got hungry we would go get a salad with pizza or other junk food and fresh fruit.
3. There were many choices of foods. I was on the FOOD BOAT. It was sometimes good and sometimes just so-so. But I never went hungrey.
They had free sushi and free soft ice cream cones.
Cappuchinos were free only in the dinning restaurant. I had it everyday.
My waiter would have it ready for me when I would get to my table.
4. SINGLES - I met some single guys and gals and we had fun hanging around together on the ship. I met all ages of guys to dance with and have fun on the ship talking.
5. There was a group of 40 older group from Palm Springs. Some of them were nice to talk with and some were snobs. They called themselves SNOW BIRDS because they only live in Palm Springs for the winter and then after 6 months they go home to their homes.
There was one man who was in his late 60's and he tried to get fresh with me so I put him in his place. I think he was just immature and drinking too much so I would avoid him every chance I would see him.
6. There were tons of families traveling together with young kids. I heard there were 400 kids on the ship. There were 600 kids for the Thanksgiving week. The ship workers seemed tired and not too crazy to provide great service like they did for the VTG Singles group on Halloween. Some of workers remembered me from the vtg singles halloween cruise and were happy to see me again.
7. I met some really nice couples and families but I didn't have much in common with them since I am a single gal. There were people from different cultural groups so it was nice seeing everybody getting along with eachother and having fun together. There were some mixed couples and kids who looked like they were a mixture of races. I liked that because the kids were having lots of fun with eachother and hanging out together.
I didn't think that the kids and teens had enough security since they were allowed to mingle with the adults at the nightclubs til the weee hours. I didn't like seeing those teen girls dancing very sexy with the young guys in their 20's. They need more security. Their parents think their kids are safe because they are on a ship. "Duh"!
8. Over-all.... I had a great time because I made friends with the Karaoke singers and had fun with them. We became a click of friends.
9. My total evaluation of my experience is that I prefer to cruise with a singles group because with a singles group you can always find someone to talk with when you feel like just sitting down and having a conversation. Plus, we have a lot in common because we are singles.
I plan to cruise only on ships that have a singles group cruising on the ship. I also plan to book with a singles group if the price is right.
10. I rate Carnival at the bottom of the list. I prefer Celebrity first and Princess second, and Royal Carribean same as second with Princess.
Norwegian is one of a kind cruise ship and I do enjoy the ships too. I will only book with them if they have a great rate and are going to ports I want to see. Angel gal