Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise Dilemna Regal Princess March 1 San Juan to Lima

I have a cruise to Lima from San Juan reserved for March 1 on the REgal Princess. Next week is pay up time. I am starting to get a bit apprehensive as I am going alone. Two years ago I went to Alaska solo and it was quite lonely. There were no other singles on board and I was not greeted with open arms. I fear this will happen again and the trip is longer - 12 days. Great itinerary but don't to be the odd person again.

Any thoughts - anyone else going?

P.S. I'm 50, attractive, fit, fun and friendly.

Thanks all.

doreen
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Yeoman

Hi Doreen, a 12 day cruise will attract mostly the older seniors and older couples. Yes, you will be lonely because I find that most cruisers are very nice people but most of them can't carry a conversation due to the fact that the wives don't want you to get attached to their husbands and the husbands have learned not to carry a conversation with a single gal. Plus, they want to be alone with eachother. The families or groups of friends only want to be with eachother.
I recently traveled alone and didn't know anybody on the cruise ship. I was lucky that I made friends with a lady who loved to sing Karaoke. So I hung out with the Karaoke crowd. It was nice but at times I felt lonely. I was on a 7 day cruise and by the 5th day I was ready to go home.
When I travel with a Singles group.... I am so busy attending the group activities that I hardly have time to myself because I like to participate in most of the activities. Plus, any time I got lonely I could find a single member to talk with on the ship.
I plan to only travel with a singles group or with a close friend in my future of cruising or traveling.
The main thing I noticed was that being on my own I had only me to take care of myself. Lucky I didn't get ill on the ship with a virus because when you do...... the doctor will make you stay in your cabin until you get better. When you have a friend with you they can go get you some of the food goodies that are not on the room service menu.
My friend got ill with a cold so her son and daughter would go get her some of her favorite foods to their cabin.
I have an extroverted personality where I make friends everywhere I go but eventhough I made friends with some of the cruisers it was very clear to me that they wanted to be by themselves..... so I ended up just talking to different people each day.
I didn't like being alone so I don't plan to crruise by myself again.
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Yeoman

The longer the cruise, the older the passengers.

I strongly suggest you check out the Cruisemates Singles Cruise Calendar. There are so many wonderful organized singles cruises listed that you are sure to find one to your liking.

Used to be someone could cruise solo and find other solo cruisers. Now that is a rarity due to cruise lines offering huge discounts to groups. Families are having their reunions onboard. Clubs are traveling together. Companies are having their conventions onboard, friends are getting together for their vacations to save money, etc., etc. So why risk finding yourself all alone when you have so many options for organized singles?
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Cruise Dilemna Regal Princess March 1 San Juan to Lima

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreens
I have a cruise to Lima from San Juan reserved for March 1 on the REgal Princess. Next week is pay up time. I am starting to get a bit apprehensive as I am going alone. Two years ago I went to Alaska solo and it was quite lonely. There were no other singles on board and I was not greeted with open arms. I fear this will happen again and the trip is longer - 12 days. Great itinerary but don't to be the odd person again.

Any thoughts - anyone else going?

P.S. I'm 50, attractive, fit, fun and friendly.

Thanks all.

doreen

Doreen,

What an awesome itinerary! I wish I could go with you!!! How about you try and find a roommate! There are many sites on the web that offer people the opportunity to place ad's for roomie's.

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006