Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Passenger

Old March 29th, 2007, 12:11 PM
First Mate

I can't believe this thread is still going!!! Well, I leave on the 14th with my other awesome roomie!!
Old March 31st, 2007, 02:15 AM
Passenger

This thread could go on forever, there is no shortage of them! I've had three of them over the years!

#1 was a friend of a friend and the least offensive of the three. "DO NOT PUT ANY FOREIGN OBJECT IN TOILET" how hard is that to understand? Our first morning at sea the toilet was backed up, so we called maintenance. Morning two, was a repeat. Morning three, I was becoming very frustrated with the ship (never dawned on me, it could be my cabin mate). Morning four, maintenance had become very frustrated too, they knocked on our door and presented us the clog from the system. She never fessed up, but morning five... there wasn't any problems.

#2 was a friend of a family member and the flake from you know where. It was her first cruise, so I was willing to show her the ropes. What I didn't count on was a falling over loud drunk. By the third day she was almost out of money, and 'had to have a drink'. For my own piece of mine, I told her how to buy a bottle at port, and get it on the ship. If being drunk at night wasn't bad enough, she brought enough make-up to 10 women and kept it all over the place. At the ports of call, all I heard was "What if....", "Are you sure?" and the list went on. By the sixth night I was ready to jump overboard.

#3 was the worse of all, not a stranger but WAS friend of the family from England. Nothing was good enough, refused to eat in the dinning room, took one of the two bathrooms (the best one with a tub) for herself and husband, leaving six of us to share the little one, enjoyed all the free drinks at happy hour, but wouldn't spend a dime for one anywhere on the ship. The biggest thing was at the end of the cruise we discovered she stiffed everyone on tips! We booked the cruise and invited her and her husband to join us.... NEVER AGAIN!

The last one was the charmer, next week there will be three of us in the cabin... Me, myself and I. :-)