Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Beginner

Default Open Bar Cruise?

Thanks to Rob for sending me some information on this cruise. Anyone else interested in joining us in going on this cruise?

It's on the Carnival Freedom out of Miami on November 24th of this year. Looks to be fun and hey, drinks are free.
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Beginner

Please tell me more!!
Old January 26th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

This cruise is now listed on the singles cruise calendar on this site. It is being offered by "My Getaway Guru Hosted Singles Cruises"....

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...07calendar.cfm

Click on the link for mygetawayguru, as the contact information currently listed is incorrect.

Rob
Carnival Glory 9/2006
Holiday 11/2006
Fantasy 04/26/07
Carnival Freedom 11/24/07 - Open Bar Cruise!!!
Old January 26th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanshark
This cruise is now listed on the singles cruise calendar on this site. It is being offered by "My Getaway Guru Hosted Singles Cruises"....

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...07calendar.cfm

Click on the link for mygetawayguru, as the contact information currently listed is incorrect.

Rob
It's been corrected now.
Old January 27th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'd love to go on a cruise with an open bar
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Beginner

C'mon Carona Girl. Join me and Rob and all the others on the cruise!!!
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCruisingLife
C'mon Carona Girl. Join me and Rob and all the others on the cruise!!!

Paul
Wish I could but I can't cruise at that time
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Passenger

I just booked this cruise along with about 6 women that iam friends with! should be a blast and no killer bar bill at the end for a change! lol
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Passenger

I'll be on this cruise too y'all!!! Trying to talk a group of six of my friends into going. Let's have a party y'all!!!
Old February 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM
First Mate

Default ??

So how much extra does this cruise cost??
Old February 10th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Passenger

The price of a solo inside cabin is only $108 more than what Expedia is charging for the same cruise and cabin ($93 if you include Expedia's $15 booking fee), and their price does not include the free booze.

It seems like a good value to me even if you don't drink and just get the free soda, juice, and bottled waters for the week. A soda card and 2 or 3 bottled waters can easily add $50 - $60 to your Sail and Sign card at the end of the week.

If you have a couple of drinks a day and some wine at dinner, it definately seems like you will save some serious money with this cruise. Considering the average drink is around $6 - $7, you would break even with only a couple of drinks a day.
Old February 10th, 2007, 02:40 PM
First Mate

I mean more than a regular cruise.
Old February 10th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileHMB
I mean more than a regular cruise.
Not sure exactly what you are asking with this statement. Do you mean how much more is it than if you went on the same cruise without the group? A quick check on Expedia/Orbitz/Travelocity will show you what people are paying to cruise for that sailing.

Don't forget that none of those sites show the FULL price of the cruise unless you go almost the whole way through the booking. They usually don't include the $50 - $100 worth of government taxes when they list the price.
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:14 AM
First Mate

Open Bar Cruise, huh?

I would imagine that the trouble alcohol gets people in who don't know how to handle it that the ship security would be on alert.
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Yeoman

Hi Beetle, all cruise ships love to sell as much booze as possible. They don't care how drunk a cruiser gets. They will get them into a wheel-chair and take them to their cabins.lol. I have seen plenty of cruisers who just drink and drink every day and night.
There is/are tons of security on cruise-ships. They are prepared for any type of problems that can happen. I remember seeing an old man on the dance floor who started to take his clothes off. Security ran up to him and covered him up and made him put his clothes back on. That was funny.
On the classy ships security walk around in black suits. On Carnival I noticed they wore shirts with the security label on it.

Have you ever noticed that all ships have the Bill W. meetings? I used to think that Bill W. was a very popular guy until someone told me it was AA meetings.
I wish I could drink booze and stay alert but I get sleepy and want to go to bed early. I love going to the Captain's party and having a free drink but it makes me soooo sleepy that it is not worth it.
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Passenger

now whats wrong with drinking night and day?? you are on vacation lmao
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlegator
Open Bar Cruise, huh?

I would imagine that the trouble alcohol gets people in who don't know how to handle it that the ship security would be on alert.
Just because it's an Open Bar Cruise doesn't mean that everyone goes on it to get totally wasted. Of course some people will and do, but there are some who just like to know that everything that they do will be included in one price. The same thing goes for an all-inclusive resort. It's nice to know that you won't get a huge bill at the end of the cruise.

I personally like to have a bottle or two of wine with dinner (I usually share with the table) and two or three drinks during the day with a soda card thrown in. Even with that small amount of drinking, I still ended up with a $600 bill just from the various drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

2 bottles of wine at $30/each x 7 days = $420
3 drinks a day at $7/each * 7 days = $147
1 soda card = $45
3 bottles of water at $3/bottle = $9

That's $621!!! All those various drinks add up a lot quicker that you would think. Most people get shocked when they get their Sail & Sign card bill at the end of the cruise and it's $200, $300, or even way more!

The cruise ended up costing less than I spent onboard so to me the idea of an Open Bar cruise sounds good to me.
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indycoltfan
now whats wrong with drinking night and day?? you are on vacation lmao
Nothing wrong with it, nothing at all!!!
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:54 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOnJuly4th
Just because it's an Open Bar Cruise doesn't mean that everyone goes on it to get totally wasted. Of course some people will and do, but there are some who just like to know that everything that they do will be included in one price. The same thing goes for an all-inclusive resort. It's nice to know that you won't get a huge bill at the end of the cruise.
I have no problem with an Open Bar on a cruise as I have been with a all-inclusive resort dozens of times and seen how much guests saved money on alcohol.

If I was a ship captain I would be concern with the guests on the ship who had a little too much who some how come up missing which happen on one cruise.

There are people who don't know how to hold their liquor.
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Passenger

Default Great Cruise--Great Price!

I'm booked on this cruise too!....there is a pretty good sized group of singles that are going....the person that is putting this together has events planned for the group just like the other 'singles cruise agencies'....The all inclusive alcohol is an added bonus....the friends that are going like to party but I don't think that they will party any differently than they already do--I just think they got tired of the huge bar bills at the end of the cruise!! ...Hope you can join us!

cruisergal in IL
Old February 13th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Passenger

Iam on this cruise too. Cant wait should be a awesome time. Now i dont think people will drink anymore than they usually do anyway. its a great way to go and not worry about your bill. Some of us have quite high bar bills by the end of a week. so for what the price is how can you beat it if you even just have a couple drinks a day.

No more 1000 or more bills will be awesome but i might miss seeing my seven or eight page sail and sign bill.. its funny how i can retrace my steps from bar to bar for seven days

karl
Old February 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Passenger

As long as we can still occasionaly find you passed out on Helens bathroom floor, Its all good.
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Passenger

lol wow jtl did jayne or antanastia actually let you out? its nice to see that u are still allowed on the computer lol
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Passenger

I'm at work today, and for some reason this is the only cruise related site the city will let us in. I'm just not 100% sold on the open bar cruise yet. Thinking about a halloween cruise. But, Karl, you are always fun. We'll see.
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Yeoman

Going to be interesting to see if Carnival goes broke on this one, what with some of the heavy drinkers on these cruises!
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Passenger

Hey Karl...thought that was you (Colts Fan)....Yep, I know what you mean about looking at the bar bill and retracing your steps from the bar to the next bar...etc...it's kind of like reliving the cruise all over again ....We'll miss you guys on the April cruise!....

cruisergal in IL (the Bears Fan!)
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Passenger

thanks lisa,have great time on thecruise. i was thinking of it but switched over to vtg"s may 13th cruise see you on the thanksgiving cruise or maybe in chicago
Old February 15th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Karl...hope you can make it to Chicago...it will be a great time...really cool beach bar with live band and lots of great places to pub crawl and dine out!....
Old February 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Passenger

Lisa, What are the dates for Chicago?
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

I believe Chicago is the 2nd weekend of August. I also think that most people are staying at the Whitehall as opposed to the Sheraton this year.

Rob
Carnival Glory 9/2006
Holiday 11/2006
Fantasy 04/26/07
Carnival Freedom 11/24/07 - Open Bar Cruise!!!