Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Beginner

Default Follow-up

Dear Cruise Mate Members,

I was advised that there are some concerns with SinglesCruise.com® that should be addressed and by the postings noted here I believe that a response is necessary. The SinglesCruise team and I are all working very hard to please our past guests and welcome new single travelers. The former owners of SinglesCruise started a great company and our intention is to continue moving in a forward direction and bring this wonderful product to more singles around the US.

We are in this business to provide a great vacation value at a great price and it seems that price, not value is the main concern of several postings on the Cruise Mates site. We are always looking at ways to bring more value to our onboard program such as adding new events and activities as well as offering affordable pre-cruise hotel packages. I can assure you that we are working on a value plan and customer program including more customer centric policies and the addition of more activities including guest lecturers that are sure to excite our current guests, entice our past guests and please new guests on future sailings. We do have thousands of satisfied customers each year and know that no matter how hard we try, we can’t please everyone. Our goal is to run a company which provides great service, value and lots of FUN. We have the privilege of not only leading our guests on a fantastic vacation but also the opportunity to bring together singles that form great friendships. Thank you!

Regarding our current ownership, SinglesCruise.com is part of the Carlson Companies family of businesses. This fact been identified by some former guests as a negative when in fact it is truly an incredible benefit to any and all customers. SinglesCruise.com has the support and backing of a large and one of the most respected private companies (Carlson) in the nation and the freedom to operate this business on a very personal level and serve needs of our valued customers. Carlson has a strong belief in integrity and our credo states; “Whatever you do, do with INTEGRITY? which is how we choose to operate our business.

We are 100% dedicated to singles travel and 200% dedicated to YOU (our guests) so please keep the messages and constructive criticism coming…we hear you loud and clear!

Respectfully,

Steve
Director, SinglesCruise.com
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

Steve,

Thank you for your response to some of the concerns past client's have brought to the attention of this board and other such messages boards, et al...the Singlecruise Alumni Board.

I am embarking on my sixth singles cruise with Singlescruise.com on the April 1st cruise and I look forward to meeting you at the Precruise actvities.

It's been about eighteen months since my last cruise and I know there has been changes within the company - both internal and many new cruise directors. I know some of the veterans have concerns and some of these concerns are valid. I am glad you are listening and Yes you can't always please everyone.

Until April....

Kar
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Yeoman

Hi Steve, I know that your company is a good company and we singles don't have to worry about anything except that if we want to make changes we have to be ready to pay the extra fees that your company charges.

This is what I know.... It costs $15 FEE for bookin a cruise.

Do you charge from your company a fee for changing your mind and cancelling a cruise? I am aware that cruise-lines will take a discount of my payment if I cancel out on them after the 70 day deadline. On top of that... does your company also do the same?

If I was to book with your company and then a friend of mine wants to cruise with me..... does your company charge a change fee? I know that some cruise-lines charge a fee. Does your company follow suit?

I was planning to cruise with your company this Spring but the fear of having to pay your company the extra fees scared me away.
If you could please clear up for us singles what your true fees are for any changes, cancellations, name changes, changes of cabins, etc I would appreciate it because I am not eliminating your company as a possible company to plan a cruise with a singles group.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Passenger

I have cruised with VTG on 4 occassions and with SC on 2 occassions. I started out with VTG on my first 2 cruises and then decided to give SC a try because I liked the ship, time, and itinerary. My impressions of SC on that cruise was a complete lack of indifference to me and others as a consumer and I didn't think they had their act down. Maybe I was spoiled by VTG who does such an excellent job.

However, even after that first cruise, being an avid cruiser and knowing that things can and do go wrong, I decided to give SC another chance. I cruised with them again this past Labor Day cruise and yet once again I was extremely let down.

First off, the main host had scheduled herself to leave halfway through our cruise to host another cruise that SC was doing that same week. This to me was just another way that they showed their lack of customer service. Second, their (secondary) cruise hosts do NOT work directly for the company and, IMHO, could care less for you and your business. This was proved evident to me on the first cruise and then several times on the last cruise. In fact, on the last day of the cruise, Page, the second host on the cruise, completely ignored the group of 12 of us and he was sitting right next to us. He wouldn't even acknowledge the fact that we existed. As for me, I don't really need a cruise host but that cruise in particuliar had a lot of first timers and many of them were amazed at this complete lack of customer service and appreciation.

In addition to what was stated above and the "corporate" policy of charging booking fees and change fees, I and many of the other veteran cruisers have decided to take our business to companies that are willing to help out the single traveler.

Please SC get away from your "corporate" mentality and become more like the SC that Deb founded. That's what kept SC in business and the customers returning cruise after cruise.

Thanks for listening to my rants...
Old February 10th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Passenger

The worst thing that any hosted singles group can do is to abandon their clients while on a trip or cruise. I recently went on a cruise thinking that I was going to have lots of singles to hang out with because it was an organized group but after the first party everybody disappeared on me and I was left all alone and lonely without the group. The age group on the ship was an older crowd. I am younger then the age group on the ship of cruisers. I had to look for my own activities to keep myself entertained.

We singles pay extra money to join a singles group and if the Hosts abandon us then we have wasted our money and are left to seek out other singles on the ship. It is cheaper to book cruises outside of a Hosted Singles group. But, I am willing to pay the money for a Hosted Singles group so I can be with other singles because we have the same lifestyles.

I have only cruised with VTG Hosted Singles and the hosts work hard in planning activities for us singles every day of the cruise. They do a great job as hosts. Plus, when I book with them I know that the price I have paid is the final price no-matter what changes I make before I cruise. Plus, if there is a problem.... their VTG HOME OFFICE is still working behind the scenes to fix any problems us singles may be facing. For example; on a recent cruise the ship was really late in arriving to a port and our Singles group had already paid for a tour that might have to be cancelled. Everybody was worried that they would lose their money from the PRIVATE TOUR company. But VTG home office called them and explained the problem and the tour group said they would refund the paid money.
It turned out that eventhough the ship was late to the port.... the tour was still on and everybody was happy.
When another problem came up.... there was a lady who missed the first day of the cruise because her airplane cancelled out on her... the VTG Home Office right away made arrangements for her to meet the ship at the first port. I know this for a fact because the lady contacted me first on my cell phone and I had her speak to the VTG Hosts and they told her not to worry because their home office was already going to help her out.
When I met her on the ship I introduced her to the other singles on the ship that I knew and then she moved on to meet the other singles. She said she was happy with how VTG helped her out.

Is it really hard for your Singles company to make it clear what the extra fees are for changes that we singles may have to pay if we should book with your company? If I know what the fees are for any changes then I will be better informed instead of being in the dark of what the fees may be.

I totally believe BornOnJuly4th, of what he has said because I have noticed that some of your single clients are booking with VTG instead of with your company. You are losing customers because you need better Hosts who are willing to work and plan activities for us singles. You also need to get rid of the extra fees.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Yeoman

Candiee = AngelGal = Luci

How many personas are you going to post under here?

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Admiral

I thought that was Angel Gal! I knew that from her wording and letter style. Just could not stay away Luci, I bet you miss us! Bob
Old February 10th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Yeoman

Yes, Bob, I miss you and all the nice posters. I don't miss the negative posters.
Old February 10th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Steve:

I would like to say thank you for responding to this thread. Judging by your response on this board, it is obvious that SinglesCruise.com is willing to address some of the concerns of its loyal customers.

I would agree with your statement that many of the postings found on the message boards on this site do concern the bottom line price of a cruise and not the overall value of a cruise. As a repeat customer of SinglesCruise.com, and hopefully, a continued customer of the company, I do realize that there is a premium added to the cost of booking a "singles cruise" versus a regular cruise booking that is reflected in the price the company charges for the sailings that your group offers.

Even with this premium, I still think that many of the sailings that your company offers are indeed a great value. However, I think that the majority of the complaints regarding pricing policies by the company on this board are not a result of the base prices that your group advertises, but more specifically the fees charged by your company. This would include your $15 application fee, and the fees that your group charges for any cancellations OR changes to a booking.

Unfortunately, well-informed customers realize that your competitors in the singles cruise market are offering similar "products" to what your group offers, but are not charging the aforementioned application and change fees. As a result, those competitors are winning some of your business. In the case of cancellation penalties, I do realize that the cruiselines charge a penalty to cancel at a certain point of time, and agree that those fees should be passed from the agent to the consumer. However, it appears to the casual observer that your company is profiting on this, while your competitors are willing to waive such cancellation fees provided a fee has not been assessed by the cruiseline.

As far as how such fees are truly affecting the total revenues of your company, I can attest that you have lost several bookings within the last year from people I personally know who have decided to book various singles cruises with other agencies as a result of your fee structure. While I do not know what the average revenue per passenger booking for your agency is, I truly cannot believe that your company is making more in application, change, and cancel fees than the revenue you are losing from people who are taking their business elsewhere.

In addition, whether or not your business unit is more profitible due to such fees, those fees are a major contributor to the discontent found not only on this message board thread, but also the same type of comments that have been seen at other times on other message boards as well, including your alumni site. This is due to the fact that those particular revenue streams are giving the appearance that your company doesn't care about its customers, hence you start to see some people, myself included, question the "personalized" service that many of us who read this board are accustomed to seeing in a travel agent-consumer relationship.

You also mention that SinglesCruise.com is part of the Carlson Companies family of businesses. In my opinion, having personally cruised with SinglesCruise.com before and after this acquisition, I have had the opportunity to see some of the specific strengths and weaknesses that this relationship provides. Some of the strengths include the economies of scale seen in certain packages that you obtain for your customers and the name recognition that Carlson generates. As far as your weaknesses are concerned, I believe I have already discussed the fee issue, amongst other items.

As far as integrity is concerned, as a manager within a Fortune 500 financial services company, it is my duty to make sure that all decisions and statements I make day in and day out are done with the utmost integrity. Most financial service firms, mine included, consider integrity to be one of their core values. Having said that, I truly feel that some of the statements I have seen regarding issues (booking number availability, late documents) that have arisen in the past and answers to questions that I have personally asked your representatives regarding such concerns have not been completely honest. As stated in one of my previous posts, those issues will not make or break a cruise, but they do contribute to your company's overall reputation.

As I stated in the second paragraph above, I am a repeat customer of your company. In addition, I would love to book a cruise through your company again in the future. In fact, at one point I had decided to book the 2007 Halloween Cruise with your company. At one time, I was literally on the phone with one of your representatives, with a credit card in hand, but as a result of another one of your company's policies (unrelated to anything that was mentioned in this thread) decided against booking. While I'm not going to discuss that issue publicly on this thread, I would be more than happy to discuss this issue with you privately. Please feel free to send me an email or a private message if you desire such feedback.

In conclusion, I appreciate the fact that you seem to be willing to address your customers' concerns. While I feel that some of the criticism displayed in this thread probably should have been handled in a more private manner, it is obvious that you have many customers who have some legitimate concerns, or else this thread would not have developed as it has.

Rob
Carnival Glory 9/2006
Holiday 11/2006
Fantasy 04/26/07
Carnival Freedom 11/24/07 - Open Bar Cruise!!!
Old February 11th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Yeoman

This message is only for Steve, Director of Singlescruise.com

I just want to say that after reading what other posters have said about not getting a booking number until 30 days before cruising with your company.... that is totally unacceptable with me because that means that your travel agency may be holding on to a cruiser's money until 30 days before the cruise takes place. I may be wrong about that but if I was to book with your company I would check with the cruise line to see if they have received my deposit. I am in the habit of getting my booking number and cabin number when I book a cruise.

My question to you is.... if I book with your company will I be able to get immediately a booking number and cabin number when I put a deposit down on a cruise? All of the travel agencies have done that for me when I book a cruise with them. That is my main question now.

We have asked you some questions because you decided to come here to clear things up and some of us would like an answer from you as director of Singlescruise.com
Old February 11th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwydiana
I just got off a ship today that had a large VTG group on it. I wasn't impressed with their activities or the quality of people they seemed to attract. There were notable exceptions to that of course, as some of their denizens were wonderful, but about 65% of them were simply scarey/terrifying!!

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...07calendar.cfm

Check out the above webpage and see if anything strikes your fancy.

Please explain what you mean by "quality" of people and that some were "simply scarey/terrifying". I just booked my first VTG cruise and was wondering what type of group to to expect and if I would fit in.
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Passenger

born to cruise...

you will find all ages and types in the group. everyone gets along.. but it always seems that like minded people end up hanging together. The party people will end up hanging with the partiers.. shoppers hang out with the shoppers etc. Ive been on 12 single cruises and have always seen all the group get along. you will find people for sure who like to do the same types of things as you.
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Passenger

Steven..

thanks for answering the post. But seems to me that these are the same questions that alot of your cruisers have been asking for awhile and you seem to keep giving this same type answer.

I have been on 11 of your cruises...and had a good time on each. But I can say that all the posts of the problems with your company..I agree with. I even sent you a email once asking you some things and all i got was a email back say ing thank you..we are looking into it. I fully agree with everyone say ing that since carson took over the company has lost alot of its appeal. Two years ago i would have never thought oF taking another companys trips but after the customer service going downhill the higher prices..every cruise was a new cruise director except for Tracie..that was it i tried elseware.And i must admit i found Vacations to go much better.

Now as far as you talking of value?? All the singles companies pretty much offer the same thing..so it comes down to pricing..and service. Heres a example,I was on your thanksgivng cruise..and i ran into a cruiser who I know from other singlescruises. She had booked with carnival because it was 400 dollars cheaper with them over your prices.And I have seen more and more people doing this. I have no problem paying more than carnival wants. I like the fact that i can dine with the singles and go to the parties. But i dont see a 400 dollar value on it! As far as the hosts..I have seem what the other poster wrote about a host not even saying hello. Myself personally I could care less about the hosts..or the games or the lectures..Iam there for fun sun cocktails etc. But I seen that some people really need the hosts to be more social. Tracie was great..also i thought shelby was good too...the others Ive seen in the last couple trips left alot to be desired.

So for the value you speak of ..I see no booking numbers until like two weeks before...high prices..lame customerservice.. a 15 dollar fee...canceling fees( which isnt from the cruise line) the singles count being smaller than i was told on the last 4 cruises. To me this isnt a value!
As I stated I was a very happy cruiser with you all and then all this started happening. Also iam on the vtg cruise for may 13.and i have found four people who ive met thru cruises who have all switched over because of the same things. I have not ruled out sailing with singlescruise again but I always see what the other companies are doing now. I had none of these problems on my cruise with vtg! I had good price..good service..nice directors..a booking number in one day.

So why would i go back to singlescruises? it seems to me that other companies want my business more
Old February 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Steve,

Those are the questions that need to be addressed. Many of the veteran cruisers are real concerned about Customer Service so if you can address these concerns it would be appreciated.
Old February 12th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Beginner

Please forgive my delayed in response to your questions and comments. Please understand that although I wish I had more time in the day to personally post messages here and across the web, my busy position requires a lot of focus on running the day to day operations of SinglesCruise.com. I would love to be able to respond to each comment personally and thank you for allowing me to respond to many at the same time.

It looks like there are many questions and comments here that I will try to address…

Regarding our cruise directors, we have a policy of over staffing our groups with a ratio of 1 staff member for every 40-50 guests. There was one instance (September 2006) when we had a one cruise depart on the same day one was arriving back. The challenge was that one of the cruises returned to Cape Canaveral and the other cruise departed from New York that same afternoon. We do try to offer the most cruises possible each year and no matter how hard we try an occasional overlap will occur. Other companies have a much different ration of 1 to every 75-100 guest. This situation only effected the last few days of a 7-night cruise and this is the first I have heard of any complaints or concerns about the situation. We would never leave our guests alone and one of the two cruise directors (a SC veteran) was still on hand in addition, a past guest who had previously worked with us as a CD was available and helped for the few days. We are proud of the fact that we actually hire and pay our cruise directors and they do not just cruise for free. Because we use contractors we do use several different people and many of them cruise work with us 3-4 times throughout the year (as some have other full-time) jobs. We bring in outside professionals because we want to be sure that the office is adequately staffed even when a cruise is going on. Our lead cruise director is a full time staff member and we do use several of other staff members to assist as needed. You may also see more of our full time team on future cruises hosting our singles groups.

As far as the $15 processing fee, this small charge was created to cover many internal costs of transacting the entire reservation process, getting the documents sent by overnight DHL to our guest and more. We could have easily added this small fee to the total trip cost but part of our integrity is to show our guests what they are paying for. The cancellation charges of $50 are very typical in the travel industry. We feel that our time to book and then cancel a reservation has to account for something as we do pay our staff and the time to cancel a reservation costs us money. All fees collected after the final payment date is the policy of the cruise line. The good news is that travel insurance does cover any and all fees and the program we offer through Travel Guard is not only the best coverage offered today but also includes a "change of mind" clause allowing our guests to cancel for a non-medical reason and still be covered. Bottom line, we are currently reviewing all of our policies and once we determine the best way to maintain happy guests (customers), we will announce the changes soon. I do not want to make any statements about what will and can be done until I have had a chance to fully review the facts so please stand by.

Several years ago, SinglesCruise was the only company offering singles cruise and now the offerings have increased. As the leader, we will work hard to keep your business and hope to welcome all of you back. We are working hard for you! We are introducing many new programs including our lecturers and some other interesting entertainment items. This years Halloween cruise will also feature a pre-cruise party package of a 3-course sit down dinner, evening nightclub entertainment, one nights accommodations in a 3-star hotel and transfers to the ship port, all for one low price.

The question also keeps coming up about individual booking numbers. With the exception of booking the cruise lines shore excursions, these reservation numbers do not serve a real purpose. A booking number can be assigned once a booking is made but it is truly meaningless until the actual cabin number is assigned to a cabin so once we gain the cabin assignment, a booking number can be given to our guests but understand that we can no longer move the guest to better accommodations as then this creates a NEW individual reservation number so therefore we work to finalize all assignments 30 days prior to the sailing date. We will further review this process to determine if we can speed-up the distribution of these numbers and will announce (to our guests) what change will take place after review.

Thanks again for all of your feedback!

Steven
Director, SinglesCruise.com
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Yeoman

Hi Steve, director of Singlescruise.com, thank you for responding to our concerns eventhough some of my questions were not truly answered. But I still think it was nice of you to come back and respond to some of our questions. I am clear now that if I should book with your company I need to be prepared to pay $50. to your travel agency if I should cancel.

I also learned that your company prefers to wait until 30 days before the cruise to finalize the cabin assignments to us cruisers.

You mentioned that booking numbers are not really important but I think it is very important to me because it is proof that I will be cruising on that ship plus I NEED THE BOOKING NUMBER in order to complete the FUN PASS with Carnival and also give my passport info and other info that all cruise-lines ask of us in advance. I would find it really hard to wait until 30 days before cruising to get my booking number because I always make the special request of being given a cabin near the elevators. If I have to wait until 30 days before cruising I really don't have a gaurantee that I will get that location. I don't really care if I am at the lowest level of the ship as long as I am near an elevator. This may not be important to some people but it is important to me.

I am used to calling VTG and other travel agents and I ask the agent to find a cabin near the elevator at whatever level they may find it. I wait on the telephone while they call the cruise-line and I get a quick response. I approve the cabin location and I get the cabin number right away. I put my deposit down and I also get my booking number. If I need to make any changes later on I don't have to pay a change fee to the travel agency. If the cruise-line wants to charge me a fee for making a change then that is my option to decide if I really want to do the change.

One think else that VTG does is not buy travel insurance for singles who request it until they get into 70 days before a cruise. The main reason they wait is because if you change your mind before the 70 days.... you don't lose the insurance money that you paid. Insurance companies don't return money. This is why VTG suggests that we wait to get insurance until you are sure you are going to be cruising.

Well.... Steve..... I hope that your company finds ways to improve because some day I may decide to book a cruise with your company just because you have booked a cruise with a certain ship with ports I would like to see. I do like some of your future plans.

I also think that you now know what has happened in the past and I am sure you can now find better Hosts for your future cruises planned.

Is there any chance that your company may plan a land Resort all-inclusive in the Carribean or Hawaii for us Singles?
Is NCL willing to do business with your company. I love NCL.
Sincerely, Angel gal
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiee
The worst thing that any hosted singles group can do is to abandon their clients while on a trip or cruise. I recently went on a cruise thinking that I was going to have lots of singles to hang out with because it was an organized group but after the first party everybody disappeared on me and I was left all alone and lonely without the group. The age group on the ship was an older crowd. I am younger then the age group on the ship of cruisers. I had to look for my own activities to keep myself entertained.
wow! Are you referring to the Oosterdam cruise? The crowd was definitely older..................

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old February 13th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Yeoman

I am sure we all appreciate Singlescruise.com's Director Steven Hattem's response to questions/comments posted concerning his agency. I, personally, have always found Singlescruise.com to be one of the most respected agencies hosting singles cruises. I have not cruised with them recently but plan to some time this year. I look forward to doing so and writing an article about it. Stay tuned!

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor
Old February 13th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Yeoman

Hi Steven,

Thank you for responding to these previous posts here. Let me start by stating I have cruised with Singlescruise.com 8 times and I am planning to do the April 1st. cruise from Fort Lauderdale.

That said, I have cruised with VTG on last years Halloween(Ca.) and will do their Halloween this year from Miami.

Steven, I have fun everywhere I go, as anybody who knows me will say, but after this year I will probably switch entirely to VTG.

You see my biggest beef is the $50 cancellation fee, VTG doesn't charge, $15 admin fee, VTG doesn't charge. Now don't try to say that VTG is second rate because they are not and neither is your company as I have wonderful memories of my cruises with Singlescruise.com.

But Steven, I have met many wonderful people and made friends from all my cruises and many of them are jumping ship. You are losing business and will continue to lose business if you don't make some changes.

Their gripes are simple, bring your prices in line with with the competition, stop charging the $50 cancellation, and get rid of that ridiculous $15 admin fee you know it is a bunch of HOOEY!!!! Stop talking like a politician and make some real changes that matter to people.

Lastly if you really want to turn things around bring back Barry, we love Barry and he was the steady rudder steering your ship.

Thank you,

Bill

Carnival Platinum Cruiser
Old February 19th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Bill...I totally agree with you-letting Barry go was one of the biggest mistakes CSC ever made....I've never met anyone who has even come close to being as good at their job as host as Barry was....He was a walking encyclopedia of info on the Ports and truly wanted everyone to have a good time...I miss him....

I have had issues with CSC myself-from grossly overpaying for a recent cruise to lost tickets (mine went to Australia!)...their customer service is definitely lacking....that being said, I am getting ready to sail on my 10th cruise with SinglesCruise.com in April....Everyone makes mistakes and I believe in giving them the chance to correct them....I hope Steve is listening to us...I have already booked my next cruise with a competitor-the first time that I have ever strayed from CSC for a singles cruise....I'm ready to see what the other's have to offer....hopefully CSC will give me a reason to come back to them....

Lisa
Old February 19th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Singlecruise.com Director - Barry

While I have mixed feelings about Barry; I do agree he was a good cruise director.

I did enjoy Tracy and sailed with her a few times and of course Mike Baum. I don't know the knew crew of cruise directors with Singlescruise.com.

Kar
Old February 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Yeoman

I too am hoping that Singlescruise is listening because they are a good company with a good product. In fact I will be on the April 1st cruise with you too, Karon and Lisa.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
Passenger

I agree. The cancellation fee, and processing fee are absolute crap. This tells me, we dont care about you, only money.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:01 PM
Yeoman

I think it is nothing more than corporate greed, why else does Vacations To Go not charge a $15 booking fee or a $50 cancellation fee.

Vacations To Go consistently charges lower prices than Singlescruise.com and only charges the cancellation fees that the cruise lines charge. How can they majically do business so much cheaper?

Corporate greed, pure and simple, and the irony of it all is Singlescruise.com has no idea or don't care how many of their past cruisers are looking elsewhere just because of these fees.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Yeoman

I totally agree with Bill that Singlescruise.com is losing customers due to their high rates and cheapness way of doing business. I have met several cruisers who love to cruise who have now chosen to cruise with VTG mostly.
I am seeing their names over and over with VTG. I was planning to cruise with Singlecruise.com but I found a better deal with VTG.

Message to Singlescruise.com.... please change your policies of charging the extra bucks for making changes and I will cruise with your company.
Old February 24th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Larryb3
Default Good Experience with singlescruise

Due to unforseen circumstances, I had to change my cruise date with singlescruise.com from June to October. I found Nancy to be very to be very helpful. The communication was great and I was not charged any fees. She just changed the cruise, emailed confirmation and it was done very fast. This being my first cruise, I have not sailed with them yet but I found my experiences in deal with them so far very good.

If anyone has any other info on them I would appreciate it since I have never sailed with them.

Thanks
Larry

Old February 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Yeoman

Hey Larry,

I have cruised with them many times and love the company, I just don't like the extra fees they charged. Sounds like they treated you right on this one, I'm glad.

Bill
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Beginner

Just booked through Singlescruise on the MSC Lirica April 18th 2007. I'm sure it'll be a great trip. Who else is going?
Old February 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLdude
Just booked through Singlescruise on the MSC Lirica April 18th 2007. I'm sure it'll be a great trip. Who else is going?
Most of the people on this board will be on the April 1st cruise. Hopefully, though, someone on this board will be on your cruise.
Old April 20th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to katiewhomlovestocruise
Default Cruised many times with each company.

I like both companies and find that after 4+ cruises with each that the time you have on a cruise is what you make of your time.
Meet as many people as you can and be open to new activities.
Lately I have been cruising with VTG and really enjoy the cruising directors.
The office is always friendly and personable when I call and they call me just after I book the cruise and thank me for my business, that makes me feel good about booking with them!