Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Happy Valentine's Day

To all you single people who come to CruiseMates, Happy Valentine's day.

I am not one to say, "Gee, it's tough being single." I was single until I turned 50, and having been married 2 1/2 years now, let me tell you there are a lot of advantages to being single. You get to sleep late if you want to. No one "plans" your every weekend for you before asking what you want to do. You can read a book and not sense someone else in the house is feeling neglected because you aren't paying attention to them.

But it is great to have to someone, so if you received a few valentines today be grateful for the people who care about you. If not, and that is what you are hoping for, I hope you find it soon.

But in the long run, the most important relationship you have is with yourself. Be good to yourself, and treat yourself with love, the same way you would treat someone you are in love with, and you will be a richer person.

Give yourself a Valentine if you didn't get one today. You're worth it.
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Yeoman

Hi Paul, it looks like you married a controling wife. It is okay to be married and sleep late. It is okay to take the time to read a book if that is what you enjoy. It is okay to say "No" if your wife has made plans without your imput. Looks like you are ***** whipped. Sorry.
Married people should have the same freedom as being single. You seem to need to have a talk with your wife.
Looks like you miss being single.
Some day I will marry a guy who will be free to do whatever he wants to do with his free time because I also expect to do the same with my free time.
Meanwhile.... I am happy being single and I plan to go out with my friends to the movies and hang out together.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you and your wife.
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Passenger

Bloody Americans!! V-day should be an everyday event!! :-)

There will be lots of hump'n tonite!!

On a personal note, SINGLE life is epensive.
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

AngelGal... kind of ridiculous to read those things into what I wrote based on the fact that I was just extolling the upside of being single.

Everyone has feelings. I love my wife, but relationships take work. She puts up with me "ignoring" her almost all the time, but that doesn't stop me from feeling a little guilty about it.

No, I am not any more whipped than any caring married man these days, but the fact is that when you are married you can't just tell your spouse to "get out of my face" and expect them not to be a little hurt. After all, they live there, too. The fact of married life is that it is still a relationship like any you have been in, but that they are with you 24 hours/day.

I spend a lot of time working, and a lot of time on my hobby which is music, all I am saying is one of the advantages of being single is that you can have as much time to yourself, even if it borders on obsessive pursuit of irrational acts, such as my songwriting or reading an entire weekend, as you want.

Just trying to show the bright side.