Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to sgarelick
Default Age range of people on April 1st singlescruise.com?

Hello all,

Well it looks like I have a week to myself when my kids are on spring break and I was thinking about doing a singles cruise. The only cruise I found was the singlescruise.com cruise but now I hear that it's really for 20-30 year olds. I'm a 44 year old widowed father with 2 young kids and don't know if I'll fit in it everyone is 20-30.

Is this cruise going to be dominated by 20-30 year olds. If so, does anyone know of any other alternative the weeks of 4/1-4/9?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Passenger

i know alot of people on that cruise....theres plenty of older then 20s and 30s on that cruise. theres two groups kind of..one in the 20s 30s and one for any age. but i do know alot that are 45 plus on that one. you will be fine on there
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to sgarelick

I was emailing Shelby the singlescruise.com cruise director for that cruise who indicated that it might not be the right cruise for me because it was geared towards 20-30 year olds. I'm guessing since it's spring break week, any cruise will have more younger people aboard than usual.

I certainly don't need to meet (or even have the time to meet) hundreds of people in my age group, I just want to ensure that there are enough people in my age group to make it a comfortable and enjoyable cruise. I'd hate to have a bad experience on my very first singles cruise.

Does anyone know anything about Singles Travel International? They also have a cruise that week going to the Caribbean.

--Steve
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Passenger

Default Go For It!!

Hi Steve,

I've done the singlescruise group before and I'm 44 also. They are a fun group. There will be others your age. I'm on the Legend March 16th with a group I've never sailed with before. Just remeber it's all what you make of it!!! Go with the expectation that you will enjoy yourself and relax and do what you want to do and you'll be fine!!!

Hope this helps!!

Kay
Old April 12th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Beginner

Hi Steve, I went on a cruise with singlescruise 1st time may 2005 It was fun and had organized activities I'm a 39 year old widow and was nervous about going because I was afraid there wouldn't be anyone my age but there was a variety and it was very fun. Hope to go on another maybe in October. Hope this helps. Thank Freda
Old April 25th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

Steve,

It was wonderful meeting you and I hope you had a wonderful time on the cruise and glad to hang out with you at the pool and throughout the week.

Excellent cruise, great people and wonderful memories.

Karon
Old April 25th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Yeoman

I know two guys who were on the April 1st cruise and one is 44yrs old and the other one is 51yrs.old. There were some mature gals too but they never like to tell their real age.lol.

If the leader of the group said it was going to be a young crowd I wouldn't listen to that info because there are always singles who are older who also book with the younger crowd. There are plenty of singles like me who don't believe that travel agencies should discriminate against anyone because of their age.

My advise is to book the date that is best for you with any singles group and you will have a great time.

One more thing.... eventhough I am a mature older gal I like hanging with the 30's singles as friends. I have made several friends who are in their 30's. I truly enjoy their company. I would never let a travel agent discourage me from booking a cruise with a younger crowd because there are always also older singles in the group.
I don't consider you old. You could meet a gal who is 39yrs. old. Angelgal