Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Yeoman

Default VTG March 24th cruise on Carnival Triumph

Hi everybody. Anybody from Cruise-Mates cruising with me with the VTG group?
On the VTG Halloween cruise..... G-Man was on the cruise too. Angel Gal
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:55 AM
Passenger

Hey Angelgal,
I will be on this cruise but unfortunately not with the VTG group. The day I was going to sign up for the singles group was the day my dad was admitted in hospital and has since passed away, so I am taking my wonderful mother instead. I am sure I am going to miss LOTS of fun(not that I won't with my mom) but I plan on joining the VTG group for the Halloween cruise this year. Maybe I will see you there!!! Anyway, have a great time.....Sass (here in Canada)
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Yeoman

Hey Sassi why don't you call Dixie from VTG and ask her if you can still join VTG Hosted Singles eventhough you have already bought your ticket. Her mother recently died so she may let you join us by doing what is called a "Cross reference" from regular cruiser to Hosted Singles. I think you can only do that if you bought your cruise tickets from VTG. GIVE IT A TRY!!!
I am sure you and your mom will enjoy having dinner with us women and she can enjoy the company of the older gals like me. I usually hang out with the women as buddies. There are always singles who have recently lost a loved one. I know you and your mom are still mourning your loss. I am really sorry for your loss. I am sure your father wants you to go on with your life. Your mom will be crying on the ship because that is natural because she and you had a major loss. When my son died 9yrs ago I still moved on with my life. I have met several women on cruise ships who were invited to cruise when they lost their husbands. Eventhough they were enjoying the cruise they still cried for their loss. It is very normal to cry when you lose a loved one. I cried for my son everywhere I went but I still went on with my life.

Hosted Singles is about us singles just hanging out together. You and your mom can be part of the group by hanging out with us single women.
You don't need to talk with the men if you don't want to do that.
I am not looking for a man.... I am looking just to have fun with THE GROUP. It only takes one phone call to find out if you and your mom can join us. Please make that call. You and your mom can do your own thing most of the time but just have dinner with us Singles. Whatever you feel like doing will be okay. Send me a private message if you make the call to VTG. Angel Gal
Old February 22nd, 2007, 06:40 PM
Beginner

Hi Angel,

I am on the VTG Singles Cruise leaving Miami on 3-24-07. I look forward to meeting you, and all the VTG passengers. Have you been to the VTG Singles Cruise website for that trip?

Drop me a line.....

Jeff
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
Yeoman

Hi Jeff, YEAH!!!! We must meet on the ship. We need to remember our experience so we can give the high-lights of our cruise as VTG Singles and as regular passengers.
I plan to do a cruise review as a VTG Single when I return from the cruise.

YES, I am on the private website. I will send you a private message. Angel
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:36 AM
Passenger

Hi Angelgal
Thank you so much for your kind words. My mom is very shy and I am the exact opposite but I really don't think she would feel completely comfortable with the group. I went on my first singles cruise on the Legend two years ago and had the TIME OF MY LIFE!! So I will miss hanging out with a bunch of singles although I am sure you will all be visible on the ship. Don't get me wrong. I will have a good time no matter what but the activities are a lot of fun and just getting to know a bunch of people is fun as well.
I will be going with the VTG group for Halloween so I look forward to that.
Bye for now and thanks again.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:31 PM
Yeoman

Hey Sass, you and your mom can hang out with me whenever you feel like it. I sometimes just want to do my own thing away from the group. Plus, I also like to join up with the Carnival activities too. So please look me up on the cruise ship. I have my own cabin so I am traveling alone and I am free to do whatever I want. Angel gal
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Passenger

Hey Angelgal,

We are getting close now!! I was wondering, I don't know if you like dancing or not but I am sure my mom will be heading to bed early some nights so I was thinking it would be great to hook up with someone to go dancing or kareokeing (if that is a word) with. Email me if you want at my personal address and maybe we could find each other on the ship. I will be relaxing by the pool during the day but don't like to call it to bed too early every night. Let me know...my address is guenthermaggie@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you.
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Yeoman

Hi Sass, I love dancing, and karaoke. I will send you a personal message.
Old March 11th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Beginner

Does anyone know how many people are on this cruise and the ratio, just curious ??
Old March 11th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Passenger

Hi, it's approx. 45/55 ratio. A few more gals because not everybody signed into our vtg yahoo website. What happens is.... that in the beginning the gals sign up first for the cruise and then most of the guys book at the last minute. That is the history of single people behavior when booking Singles cruises.
Some of the singles asked VTG that question too. I didn't pay much attention knowing how most guys like to book at the last minute and they don't write much on the private yahoo message board that is provided for us from VTG.
I have heard that some guys just like to read what we singles are writing on the message board because they have told me so.

There are some very strong personalities on this cruise. They speak their minds. The majority age level is 40's to 50's. Just a few of us are from California and west coast...... some Canadians from Toronto..... one gal from Astralia
and people from other states. I didn't pay much attention to the poll.
Since Miami is located in the eastern southern coast..... it has attracted mostly singles from the mid-west to the east coast.
It is so easy just to fly down to Miami. I have to fly all the way from Los Angeles to Miami. Boring flight. Angel gal
Old March 11th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Beginner

thanks angelgal/candie
i know how their boards go, i've done 12 singles cruises with both VTG and CSC.
is the 45/55 ratio the one from the boards or has VTG posted how many are actually booked. I've seen in the past that almost 1/3 of the cruisers, sometimes even more don't ever sigin onto the web site, so just was wondering where that count was from.
one more question if you don't mind, you said there were some with strong personalities, lol, can you expand on that a bit.
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Yeoman

I will post a singles cruise review when I get back and let you know about the strong personalities. Have you ever met people who believe that if you don't talk about the negative things in life then nothing bad can happen?.
I think it is funny that some people have that view. It's like "lets all put our heads in the sand and nothing bad can happen because we can't see it." I think I will be better able to describe the strong personalities when I get back. It is too hard to explain until I meet them. Angel gal/Candie
I have two servers and they each have a different user name.

The upgrade fairies showed up. I booked a INSIDER guarantee and I got a cabin to myself with a PORT-HOLE. YEAH!