Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Default Singles Travel Company ?? Help!!

Hi everyone. Have any of you dealt with (Singles Travel Company)? They have a Mediterranean Cruise October 5-13,2007 that I have my eye on. It has an interesting itinerary especially since I haven,t been to the Med. yet. Thank-You. Louie
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Yeoman

I have never heard of "Singles Travel Company." Have any of you singles on this message board heard of it? If so, please tell us.
Old March 14th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Passenger

realdeal:

if you're looking for a cabin mate, drop me a line.

rgds,

texanite@gmail.com
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Yeoman

Hi Louis, I checked out their website and I have enrolled in their e-mail newsletters. I think it is important to cruise with different single travel agencies because sometimes we can only travel on certain dates. The more singles groups there are.... the more options we have.

It looks like a ligitimate website and it is also very informative in giving out as much details as possible. I would only cruise with the company if it puts down my deposit immediately with the cruiseline and I get a booking number on the same day that I put a deposit down. Some travel agencies are in the habit of holding on to your deposit in their bank accounts. If this company does do that then I would take a chance and book with them. I would pay with an American Express credit card to play it safe. I heard that bogus agencies don't like American Express cards.

I asked the question how long the company has been in business and the answer was for 17yrs. Since 2002, they started the Singles section of their business.
I have been a member of Travelin Singles for many years. Yet I know some singles have never heard of that company.

I believe that I am willing to take a chance on any Singles groups as long as they make my deposit on the same day I book. Angel gal
Old March 20th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Passenger

Thank-You Angelgal. You seem so very helpful. When I got through checking out my Frequent Flyer b.s., I decided it wasn,t worth the hassle. So know I am looking at VTG,s December 1st. 40 and over Zuiderdam cruise. As I posted, it sure could be a great way to do Chritsmas shopping. Thanks again Angelgal. By the way, I am pretty confident this cruise will be coming down about $100 or so as time goes along. I am thinking of those under 40. They MAY not be allowed to go with the group, but would be able to get the better rate. The first 2 weeks of December always seem to be the slowest from what I here. Louie
Old March 20th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Yeoman

Hi, VTG will not discriminate if someone is below the 40+ age level. It's against the law to discriminate because of age. Their policy is to make money!!! It would be stupid to turn down the younger crowd. I have seen some younger singles on the 40+ cruises with VTG.

I may book that cruise too because I always need to get my cruise fix around December for sure. I think that ship will be wonderful so I plan to call my vtg agent soon to check out the rates for single suppliment. Angelgal
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:11 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
Thank-You Angelgal. You seem so very helpful. When I got through checking out my Frequent Flyer b.s., I decided it wasn,t worth the hassle. So know I am looking at VTG,s December 1st. 40 and over Zuiderdam cruise. As I posted, it sure could be a great way to do Chritsmas shopping. Thanks again Angelgal. By the way, I am pretty confident this cruise will be coming down about $100 or so as time goes along. I am thinking of those under 40. They MAY not be allowed to go with the group, but would be able to get the better rate. The first 2 weeks of December always seem to be the slowest from what I here. Louie
Louie, I hate to disappoint you about the price for the December VTG cruise, but I seriously doubt that the price will drop. I have NEVER seen the price for their cruises ever drop as long as they have operated their singles cruises.

Also, from speaking with others and being a veteran of VTG, I can inform you that you won't see too many people, if any, under the age of 40 going with the singles group on that cruise. The 40+ VTG cruises tend to draw a more "mature" crowd, especially since this is a Holland America cruise.

Here's a review from Angelgal and several others of the January 2007 HAL cruise that you might want to check out.

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569395

If you want, you should join us on the singles cruise with My Getaway Guru. There's a great group of people going and the prices aren't that much more than what VTG is charging for their December cruise. It's on a brand new Carnival ship and includes all your soda and alcohol for the week.
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:19 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hi, VTG will not discriminate if someone is below the 40+ age level. It's against the law to discriminate because of age. Their policy is to make money!!! It would be stupid to turn down the younger crowd. I have seen some younger singles on the 40+ cruises with VTG.
Angelgal - Actually, it's not against the law for a company to discriminate against someone because of their age. Many home subdivisions do this and many companies (AARP) don't allow people under the age of 55.

The few times that it IS against the law to discriminate because of age is for employment and for any program that receives federal funding. Pretty much other than that, it's fair game.

Quote:
I may book that cruise too because I always need to get my cruise fix around December for sure. I think that ship will be wonderful so I plan to call my vtg agent soon to check out the rates for single suppliment. Angelgal
Why don't you come join us on our cruise? i didn't think that you enjoyed your January cruise on HAL so much.
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:28 AM
Admiral

Louie, the prices on singles cruises never go down, they will in fact go up as time goes by and it gets closer to the time to cruise. The only agency I've ever seen that sometimes lowers there price is Cruising for Love, but I've never seen a Vacation to Go cruise or Singles Cruise.com price get lower. Best to book early to insure you get the cabin you want. The only way to get a lower price is to not book with the singles agency on the same ship and sailing dates, but then you will be excluded from the singles activitys and would have a much harder time meeting them. Hope this helps.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:50 AM
Yeoman

I don't think you will find ANY agency lowering their prices around the holidays. In fact, anyone thinking about going should book now as the holiday cruises always sell out.
Old March 21st, 2007, 01:04 PM
Passenger

Hi everyone. It's Louie. Angelgal, If the 40 and younger crowd were to sign on with VTG, good for them because then they could participate with the group. Born on the 4th. of July,Showcat and Pat H., I should have clarified myself. VTG in regards to the singles cruise will most likely NOT drop the price. What I meant was for the general public. I have seen the prices drop for the first 2 weeks of December on more than one occasion. I have printed out the October , November, December Zuiderdam listings on VTG for reference as time goes by simply out of curiosity. Pat and Showcat, I agree, it is always better to book early. Showcat, I am Trying to figure out who is cuter, you or the cat. Promise to work on that. Louie
Old March 21st, 2007, 05:45 PM
Yeoman

All of you posters are accurate in your replies about this topic and giving information.
I think Pat Hagan misunderstood that the December dates are before the Holidays. YES, THE RATES DO GO DOWN to $599. per person.... BUT... the VTG singles rates stay the same. It happened to me last year on the Costa Med ship. Their rates went really low but I didn't bother to complain to VTG since they were the ones posting the lower rates for their general public. I had already paid up but I should have given then a call to see what they say.
Showcat is absolutely right in saying that it is better to pay the higher price for a Singles cruise than to cruise with the general public. You get left out in the cold with mostly couples and families on any cruise any month.

Yes, the HAL ships attracts an older crowd and I did have a lousy time because I didn't book with VTG. I should have booked with them since they have great singles

activities. They had a great time.

I was left in the cold by the Cruise-critic and cruise-mates group. They all had their own friends to hang out with and they only met one time as a group at a party sponsored by the cruise ship for the group. AND.... that was it. After that party every body went their own merry way.
I will never ever plan another cruise with Cruise-critic or cruise-mates.

I will ask VTG if they discrimate based on age when I see them this coming Sat. on my VTG cruise on the Carnival Triumph. Angel gal
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Yeoman

No, Angelgal, I did not misunderstand. The cheapest rates are always the two weeks before Christmas cruises. This year I think there will be very good prices the week of December 9.

And if you call the cruise lines direct you will invariably get a cheaper price than the organized singles cruises, but you won't be allowed to take part in the group's activities. To me, it's would not be worth the $1-200 I might save.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Yeoman

Hi Pat, your statement was that the "HOLIDAY" Cruises are expensive so it is best to book early. Then you answered me back saying the first two weeks of December have very good prices. You are so right about the first two weeks before Christmas. You are also right that it is best to pay the extra money and cruise with a Singles group. I totally agree with you. I plan to pay the extra money just to be with the Singles group in December07.
Old March 24th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
I plan to pay the extra money just to be with the Singles group in December07.
I am glad you decided to do that. I regularly receive emails from singles who booked their cruise themselves and were so disappointed not to be able to attend any of the functions with the singles group onboard.

A bit of advice for those who might book themselves: Don't mention to anyone in the singles group how much money you saved. That upsets some people and they will be angry at you.