Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Passenger

Default VTG Alaska July 2007

Hi! I'm thinking of signing up for this cruise, but wanted to ask this forum:

1. i am sure there are people on this forum who have gone on a VTG Singles Cruise. I cannot get them to tell me if most of the people signed up for this cruise are my age group (mid 30s)? Does anyone know from experience the average age for this kind of cruise - especially it being Alaska?

2. Anyone signed up for the July 2007 VTG Alaksa cruise?

3. Anyone looking for a cabin mate? I am a non-smoker!

4. Are VTG cruises fun? Or should i go towards SinglesCruise.com? I am definitely not a 20-something college party-er (passed that phase). At the same time, I don't want to be on a cruise where action stops after dinner!

Any advice anyone can offer is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Yeoman

I went on the VTG cruise in December on the Crystal Serenity. The average age IMHO was late 30s to late 50s. You can see a picture of the group if you go to CM's singles section and link to the article.
Old March 26th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Passenger

Default Re: VTG Alaska July 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen70
Hi! I'm thinking of signing up for this cruise, but wanted to ask this forum:

1. i am sure there are people on this forum who have gone on a VTG Singles Cruise. I cannot get them to tell me if most of the people signed up for this cruise are my age group (mid 30s)? Does anyone know from experience the average age for this kind of cruise - especially it being Alaska?
I don't know why they won't give you this information unless they are trying to hide something. They have the information because they have to give the cruise lines everyone's birthday. It should be a simple as getting the information from a database and putting that information out for their customers.

Being Alaska, it's naturally going to tend to be an older crowd. I've never been with them on an Alaskan so I'm not exactly sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen70
Are VTG cruises fun? Or should i go towards SinglesCruise.com? I am definitely not a 20-something college party-er (passed that phase). At the same time, I don't want to be on a cruise where action stops after dinner!
IMHO, definately go with VTG over SC if you have to choose between the two.
Old March 26th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Passenger

I agree VTG has the info, but the coordinator said she cannot release it. She said all she can tell me is that there are people my age - but not what the average age group. That's why I put the posting out there to make sure VTG is a good reputable company.

Pat - What is the link to the article?
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Passenger

Yes, I would vouch for them along with many others on this board. They are a very good reputable product and good at what they do.

Here's the link to Pat's article.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...TGserenity.cfm
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Beginner

just an FYI- I'm not sure why someone said they couldn't release the info-but AVERAGE age on ANY of our cruises is low 40's-- NOW having said that there are people that are 21-80 on our cruises that are NOT specified to the 40's plus age group-- Alaska is VERY popular--the age they may have been talking about they cannot release is the person that we may match you up with--- but really Alaska is BEAUTIFUL-- GORGEOUS if you haven't been--especially if you are outdoorsy--dogsledding, extreme whale watching, seeing polar bears--def. a must do if you haven't... if you have any questions, please feel free to email me, Logan
ltaylor@vacationstogo.com
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the reply Logan! You are correct that they cannot release my "roommate" match age. But I specifically did ask the person from VTG the avg age of the group for compatibility. If I couldn't get a roommate i was going to go ahead and get my own room.

Thnks!
Old March 27th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Passenger

Default RE: Alaska

Hello:

VTG has a good reputation and so does SinglesCruise.com. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

There are people that have there favorite along with some people who have gone on both.

I though that VTG will match you up with a roommate? Am I missing something?

In regards with Alaska for 2007, I would have to give the edge to SinglesCruise.com. An Alaska 1 way is far superior to a RT but if that is not an option, than either one would be fine.

RE Alaska and polar bears. I believe it should be Grizzy or Black Bears. You 'd only see polar bears up in the arctic.

Rogue
Old March 31st, 2007, 08:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was on the VTG singles cruise in February.

The average age was 40 and I will vouch for both the company and Logan.

There were people between 26 and 71 on the trip, everyone had a blast.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 07:44 AM
Yeoman

I have cruised with VTG Singles 4 times. You asked what was the average age. I think the average age is 40's to 50's for Alaska because that is the group that has the money to pay for a cruise to Alaska. You will see singles in their 30's that are part of a family group where grandpa or grandma is paying for their grandchildren to cruise. That is what I have noticed when I cruised to Alaska twice on my own.

I don't think that VTG can predict what the age level will be in advance. But I can predict that you will have fun with the group nomatter what the age group will be this coming July because I heard that last year everybody had a great time.

If the age group is more important to you than seeing Alaska then you should book a Singles cruise for Halloween that attracts a younger crowd along with the older crowd. I noticed lots of singles in their 30's which is what you are looking for. Halloween attracted 250 singles for the carribean cruise and I think it was 200 singles for the Mexican Riviera.

Us mature singles stay up late until 2a.m. dancing the night away so don't think that just because we are older than you that we go to bed early.

One more thing.... VTG does plan an activity where the younger singles get together and the older group gets together so you can all meet eachother from your age group.

Since you are a Texan.... you should know that VTG does attract Texans because they are located in Houston, Texas. But they also attract singles from all over the u.s.a. and other countries.

Singles Travel agencies can't guarantee that you will meet lots of singles in their 30's or any age group. They only can provide singles for you to be a part of a singles group. You can also request that your room-mate be in your age level. They will try their best to get you a roomie in your age group.

It seems to me that it is more important for you to meet other singles in your age group than seeing Alaska. You may need an attitude adjustment if you really want to see Alaska.
Old April 4th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: RE: Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebkpkr
Hello:

VTG has a good reputation and so does SinglesCruise.com. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

There are people that have there favorite along with some people who have gone on both.

I though that VTG will match you up with a roommate? Am I missing something?

In regards with Alaska for 2007, I would have to give the edge to SinglesCruise.com. An Alaska 1 way is far superior to a RT but if that is not an option, than either one would be fine.

RE Alaska and polar bears. I believe it should be Grizzy or Black Bears. You 'd only see polar bears up in the arctic.

Rogue
I agree, a one way is the way to go if you have the vacation time and the extra $$. You are also correct about the bears, you will only see Grizzy and Black bears.