CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   Alcohol smugglers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/330735-alcohol-smugglers.html)

BornOnJuly4th March 28th, 2007 05:27 PM

Alcohol smugglers

Just a little interesting tidbit for all of you out there who like to smuggle their alcohol onboard and have gotten away with it in the past by hiding it in water bottles, Scope bottles, etc.

Carnival just followed suit with a policy instituted by RCCL and several other cruise lines recently in that you will not be allowed to bring any types of liquid onboard their ships at embarkation. This includes waters, soda, juices, etc.

Also, I am sure that Carnival will also soon be following suit with the other cruise lines in joining RCCL's alcohol policy. They allow NO alcohol of any kind to be brought onboard their ship. For those that attempt to smuggle alcohol through security, they can deny boarding to you. Will they deny people boarding? Probably not but remember that the policy is out there and in place now.

The cruise lines will continue to crack down and find new ways to detect alcohol smuggling. The days of bringing our own alcohol onboard for consumption seems to be coming to a close :(.

The RRCL policy is below.

Guests shall not be allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from the Shops On Board shall be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. For back-to-back guests, alcohol purchases collected during the guest's first or second cruise vacation will be delivered to the guest's stateroom within 24 hours prior of final departure from the ship. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol.

Royal Caribbean’s Guest Vacation Policy (GVP) may be enforced, up to and including departure from the ship, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 shall not have alcohol returned to them.
Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to guests under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be requested to leave the ship or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Vacation Polices.

ThePrinceofDorks March 29th, 2007 01:38 PM

believe it or not, 'tis very easy to bring liquors on the cruise. Don't make an easy task into complex task.

BornOnJuly4th March 29th, 2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePrinceofDorks
believe it or not, 'tis very easy to bring liquors on the cruise. Don't make an easy task into complex task.

Yes, it is very easy to bring liquor on a cruise. I have done it in the past. That wasn't what I was stating.

Cruise lines are starting to really crack down on bringing it onboard in every imaginable way and they know how we're smuggling it in. The policies and search procedures will only get stricted and stricter, I have to say.

Vincev March 30th, 2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornOnJuly4th
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePrinceofDorks

Yes, it is very easy to bring liquor on a cruise. I have done it in the past. That wasn't what I was stating.

Cruise lines are starting to really crack down on bringing it onboard in every imaginable way and they know how we're smuggling it in. The policies and search procedures will only get stricted and stricter, I have to say.

Yes they are, I just read on another board where people in 4 of 5 cabins had their liquor taken before it every reached the cabin. The board I read this on did not say which cruiseline but I have read that Carnival is really cracking down to the point where you can't even bring water or softdrinks.

loanshark March 30th, 2007 09:36 PM

Paul....

I let you know how tight security is when I get back from my sailing on the Fantasy in a few weeks.

At least I know I won't have to worry about smuggling alcohol on the Nov. 24 cruise.... Now the blender might be a different story!

Rob

BornOnJuly4th March 31st, 2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loanshark
Paul....

I let you know how tight security is when I get back from my sailing on the Fantasy in a few weeks.

At least I know I won't have to worry about smuggling alcohol on the Nov. 24 cruise.... Now the blender might be a different story!

Rob

Thanks Rob. Hopefully it won't be too bad. There's still some alcohol that I like to bring with me!

And so true about the OPEN BAR cruise on Nov. 24th!!!