Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to b4coco Send a message via Yahoo to b4coco
Default HELP w/holland america

Holland America Zuiderdam singles cruise ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT IN THIS CRUISE LINE OR SHIP PLEASE?
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: HELP w/holland america

I'm a 20 year HAL veteran and have sailed the Zuiderdam - what info are you looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4coco
Holland America Zuiderdam singles cruise ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT IN THIS CRUISE LINE OR SHIP PLEASE?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Passenger

just how is stacks up vs RCCL and CARNIVAL, i noticed the rooms are really small sq ft wise
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Default Quick Comparison

HAL=older crowd, less partiers, less "inovations," less singles than either. More classy, better food, more ship-like than hotel-like, better beds, a bit more expensive, rooms better appointed. Room size varies, but rooms laid out well in HAL generally. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4coco
just how is stacks up vs RCCL and CARNIVAL, i noticed the rooms are really small sq ft wise
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old April 12th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Yeoman

I know for a fact that the VTG Singles who cruised on the Oosterdam on Jan.19th loved the Holland America ship. There are about 20 singles from that cruise that are cruising on the Vtg singles Zuiderdam on Dec. 1st.
It is a 40+ age group which means most of the singles will be in their 40's, 50's, and 60's. There are always a few older senior singles. It will be a classy group of singles filled with people who are mostly successful in their lives and they are very content and happy people. That has been my experience. They are not a wild type of singles who will get drunk and get loud. There may be a few singles who may not fit in well if they are the super party types.

The Zuiderdam will attract lots of retired regular passengers who like to play cards and go to bed early. But the vtg singles will stay up until 2a.m. dancing the night away.
I truly enjoyed the ship since I had a balcony with a sofa in it. I also liked the sugar cones and home-make ice cream. The food was great and the service was great. I gained a few pounds.lol.

It is a very classy ship that attracts an older crowd in Dec.1st when most of the college kids and 20's - 30's are busy and not cruising.
Some vtg singles who cruised on the Carnival Triumph in March will also be cruising on the Zuiderdam ship too.
I have already booked it and also paid for my air and hotel. I am truly looking foreward to cruising on the ship. I think it is a 5 star ship. Angel gal
Old April 12th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Passenger

divemaster n angel thanks for your help, especially knowing there are already 30 going on the dec 1st cruise that im thinking about going, brad