CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   Vacations to Go August cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/331545-vacations-go-august-cruise.html)

showcat April 11th, 2007 04:39 PM

Vacations to Go August cruise

Anyone else decided to go yet? Awesome prices book before it goes up. Great ports!

Angelgal April 12th, 2007 03:59 AM

Hey Showcat, what ship? What ports? What date? What singles group?lol.

showcat April 12th, 2007 06:01 AM

August 26th from Tampa to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya. Vacations to Go singles at sea. Join us!

Vincev April 13th, 2007 09:42 AM

I sure wish I could go but I have too many cruise planned up until May 2008 at this point (lol). Isn't that just terrible! :shock: The funny thing is I just remembered this week I have a Phantom Princess cruise I need to book as well. I booked it at the same time I booked a Baltic cruise which I leave on in June and for some reason I forgot about it until just the other day while I was looking in Quicken and saw the transaction. Found a wonderful Single price deal for a TransAtlantic on the New Carnival Freedom next April so I booked that. Actually, Cruisemates has a group going and they may still have cabins at the old price with OB credit. In between that I have a Mariner cruise booked as a single in October so that will keep me away from a Halloween singles cruise. For the Baltic I had to have a roommate because of the extreme cost and luckily I found one. I thought I was going to be working in Tampa for most of the summer up until Wednesday when they cancelled but if I was there this cruise would sure be tempting.

Have a great weekend.

nvabill April 24th, 2007 10:18 AM

Re: Vacations to Go August cruise

Quote:

Originally Posted by showcat
Anyone else decided to go yet? Awesome prices book before it goes up. Great ports!

Hi Showcat,

Enjoyed cruising with you on the Mexican Riviera for Halloween with VTG last year.

I did this exact cruise with Singlescruise.com for Laborday 2005 on the Miracle which is an identical ship. Loved Tampa, loved the ship, loved the ports except for Belize(not crazy for that one) and we had a great group.

Have a great time on this one,

Bill 8)

Angelgal April 24th, 2007 01:31 PM

Hi Bill, next time you go on a cruise why don't you write a short cruise review here on our singles forum? I would like to read some of your experiences with singlescruise.com Angel gal

showcat April 24th, 2007 02:38 PM

Thanks Bill. Im looking forward to Belize only cause Im going to see a really big Mayan site there. Other wise yeah I agree it's kind of yucky except for the Keys off Belize. There is so many cool things to do there though. The Pride was awesome, I loved the Mexican Rivera, although the venders were pushy. Please post some cruise reviews I'd love to read em.

Vincev April 24th, 2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Thanks Bill. Im looking forward to Belize only cause Im going to see a really big Mayan site there. Other wise yeah I agree it's kind of yucky except for the Keys off Belize. There is so many cool things to do there though. The Pride was awesome, I loved the Mexican Rivera, although the venders were pushy. Please post some cruise reviews I'd love to read em.

The Key areas are nice and the diving and snorkeling in Belize is very good. I have heard a lot of people say the tubing is good if you use some of the other companies, not the cruiseline ones because they start too far downstream and you don't get as long of a ride. I have snorkeled there twice so next time it will be the tubing.

charmer August 9th, 2007 03:58 AM

qe2 criuse 22/08/08

if you are intrested i am 56yrs and booking a cruise on the QE2next year need someone to share the twin cabin, it sails on my birthday last year for the QE2cruises. it is 5day cruise sailing from southhamton going to spain/france / guernsey. just think celebration birthday on the QE2 LASAT YEAR

showcat August 9th, 2007 04:44 AM

Charmer your posting on the wrong board post your ad on the Seeking Cruise companion board.

xCalBear August 9th, 2007 10:53 AM

Re: Vacations to Go August cruise

Quote:

Currently, the price is set for $1113 and I doubt it very much if the price goes any higher. Personally, I would never pay for that price on 7 days cruise unless I get a balcony room, airfare and ground transportation include. =) I'm not poor, just a bargain shopper ;)

showcat August 9th, 2007 01:46 PM

Well the prices have gone up now because it's so close to sailing to get the best prices you have to book the singles cruises far in advance I got a good deal on this cruise, and paid much less then the current prices. The September one was even cheaper but has also gone up over time. Singles cruises cost a bit more then normal because you are cruising with a host, have special activitys, private parties with drinks included, and the fun of having a big group to meet and mingle with instead of a bunch of familys with children.

kevin c August 9th, 2007 02:14 PM

hey showcat, which singles cruise for 2008 would you suggest?

showcat August 9th, 2007 02:21 PM

Halloween have the most people but they are not posted yet. Other wise up to you, your shedule and price range at a time good to travel for you. The 2008 shedule is not complete yet, Alaska should be added and possibly Europe this year! I liked the cruise from California alot so that looks good, I don't do the over 40 cruises as I tend to hang out with the younger crowd. I also think Western Caribbean ports have better shore excursions then Eastern ports which are beautiful but kind of boring. Check out the shore excurisons on the cruiselines home page. This is a big determining factor for me. What ever one you choose post a review on this site so we can read it. Happy cruising. :D

xCalBear August 9th, 2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Halloween have the most people but they are not posted yet. Other wise up to you, your shedule and price range at a time good to travel for you. The 2008 shedule is not complete yet, Alaska should be added and possibly Europe this year! I liked the cruise from California alot so that looks good, I don't do the over 40 cruises as I tend to hang out with the younger crowd. I also think Western Caribbean ports have better shore excursions then Eastern ports which are beautiful but kind of boring. Check out the shore excurisons on the cruiselines home page. This is a big determining factor for me. What ever one you choose post a review on this site so we can read it. Happy cruising. :D

Cruise excursions protect people from the real world and what you end up with is a sanitized and reconstituted experience much like Chicken McNuggets. I prefer doing my own research and exploring places on my
own. On that note, if you take prepackaged excursion, then you're not scratching 2% of the surface of what the islands really have to offer.

showcat August 9th, 2007 02:52 PM

I do explore on my own. But things like Dolphin swim and Swim with the sea lion were not offered on their own or was too difficult with transportation and simply easier to to book with the ship.

I also book with local venders, I try to get the most out of my shore days and I always research the ports and activitys. If Im in a tender port such as Belize and doing a 7 hour excursion I will book with the ship, the ship will wait for people on their excursions to return but your out of luck if your on your own, your ship could sail away without you.

In Nassau I took a city bus to Arwak Caye the Fish fry area where the locals eat and had a great lunch at a beautiful spot with no tourists, and then walked to the Zoo, Ardastra gardens to watch the flamingos march and feed the parrots, we took a cab back to town, still had time to shop for jewelry and rum cakes it was the best day of that cruise.

kevin c August 9th, 2007 06:10 PM

thanks showcat, i got my liberty cruise in november. after that i will look into the cruises for next year. hope to see you on board

xCalBear August 9th, 2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

I do explore on my own. But things like Dolphin swim and Swim with the sea lion were not offered on their own or was too difficult with transportation and simply easier to to book with the ship.

I also book with local venders, I try to get the most out of my shore days and I always research the ports and activitys. If Im in a tender port such as Belize and doing a 7 hour excursion I will book with the ship, the ship will wait for people on their excursions to return but your out of luck if your on your own, your ship could sail away without you.

In Nassau I took a city bus to Arwak Caye the Fish fry area where the locals eat and had a great lunch at a beautiful spot with no tourists, and then walked to the Zoo, Ardastra gardens to watch the flamingos march and feed the parrots, we took a cab back to town, still had time to shop for jewelry and rum cakes it was the best day of that cruise.

From what I have read thus far, you seem to be adventurous individual. Have you eaten anything unique and adventurous?? I'd recommend Balut. Try it and let me know what you think. ;)

Angelgal August 17th, 2007 07:51 PM

Hey Showcat and all the others cruising with VTG.... have lots of fun on your cruise. I am sure you all will have a BLAST!!! Angelgal

nvabill August 20th, 2007 06:06 PM

Hey Showcat,

I hope that Hurrican Dean doesn't affect your cruise, may you have smooth seas and beautiful skies the whole time. 8)

Bill

showcat August 20th, 2007 08:24 PM

Thanks a lot Bill and Angelgirl, I keep watching the storm, and Carnival's website to see if my ports are gonna change. Im determined to have a good time no matter where we end up, it's better then Chicago :)

Vincev August 20th, 2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Thanks a lot Bill and Angelgirl, I keep watching the storm, and Carnival's website to see if my ports are gonna change. Im determined to have a good time no matter where we end up, it's better then Chicago :)

Hi Showcat,

Well while I am not a betting man I would think that Costa Maya will probably be a no go for you based on the fact it appears to be almost dead center for this now Cat 5 Hurricane. Belize is on the weaker side of the storm so hopefully it won't be too bad but it is very close and will likely have some damage. Cozumel should miss the worst of this one.

I am sure you will have a great time no matter where you go. I wonder if they may try to take you to Key West?

As for me I have been in FL almost all summer with the exception of my Europe trip/cruise. I will be heading back to IL after Labor Day and hope to meet friends in Key West for a couple of days before flying back to IL.

Have a great cruise!!

Angelgal August 21st, 2007 04:37 AM

Hey Showcat, I hope you get to see Key West. I love Key West. It is sooo beautiful and interesting. You can take a local bus for $6.00.... and it takes you all around the island in a hour's time.
Have lots of fun on your cruise and remember what you have learned from the book, "The Secret". Angelgal/Luci

Vincev August 26th, 2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hey Showcat, I hope you get to see Key West. I love Key West. It is sooo beautiful and interesting. You can take a local bus for $6.00.... and it takes you all around the island in a hour's time.
Have lots of fun on your cruise and remember what you have learned from the book, "The Secret". Angelgal/Luci

Oh I guess I didn't look back to see when this cruise left. I was actually at the Port of Tampa this afternoon and watched the ship sail off. Showcat, I was eating at Channelside right by the pier at Bennigans for a late lunch. This is my last weekend in Tampa so I just decided to go down there and watch the ship leave and I didn't realize this was the VTC cruise until I got back here in the hotel and looked. I think I heard some people talking about Key West so I guess they are going there. I will be in Key West next Saturday myself before flying back to St. Louis on Monday.