Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to b4coco Send a message via Yahoo to b4coco

mmm
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Yeoman

deleted by me.
Old May 5th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Yeoman

deleted by me.
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence
Default NVA Bill

I haven't stopped laughing for an hour reading all this about my dear friend Bill.

Ladies...I do know Bill very well; heck I am his younger sister:-)

I have even went to new "Heights" with him....get your mind out of the gutter...The Empire State Building that is folks.

I have known him over three years; he is a southern gentlemen ladies and if you are as lucky as I am a very dear friend.

I had the pleasure of dining with him for the majority of the April 1st cruise; heck we celebrated his birthday in the Supper Club on the second formal night and had some special surprises for him that evening.

So my dear friend...looking forward to seeing you in the Windy City again....

Oh by the way...it's Charlie's birthday that weekend; thinking of surprising him with some Chocolate cake, lol.

Karon/NY
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Yeoman

Warm chocolate melting cake I hope! 8)
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

I did speak to him last night on the phone Bill; it's his 34th birthday on August 11th; thinking of having a chocolate cake surprise at Dick's Last Resort; need to think this through!

What fun memories we had on the cruise!
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Yeoman

Sounds good!
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Passenger

vvv
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4coco
i posted my email for you, all you have to do is send me your pic as i asked and ill just email mine back to you ttyl
You know I've met Angelgal and I guarantee she's more woman than you can handle!
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvabill
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4coco
i posted my email for you, all you have to do is send me your pic as i asked and ill just email mine back to you ttyl
You know I've met Angelgal and I guarantee she's more woman than you can handle!
By the way isn't she on a cruise right now?
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Yikes, I'd check into flying SWA, the national airline of Texas, Angelgal. The prices from California to Florida can be good during specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Can you believe that a Delta flight from L.A. to Florida can cost me up to $800. Rt.? I have seen flyers pay up to $1,600. at the last minute to fly from Georgia to L.A. just to attend a Movie Star award show.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Yeoman

I've heard that from others coming to Fla. from Ca.
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Passenger

Default SWA

Divemaster. Wednesday I called Southwest Airlines. Since you can only book through November 2nd. 07. I was told the next change will be (estimated June 28th.) and it will be through January 16th. I booked the Z for Dec.1st. and want to grab there relatively new nonstop from Providence. We will all have a good time. Louie
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Familiar Face

This will be my first VTG cruise and the first time on HAL, so I'm a little nervous 'cause I don't know what to expect. Has anybody cruised on the Zuiderdam before? What are the balconies and cabins on Verandah deck like (they're above the life boats) -- noisey? obstructed? quiet? What's the weather like in December -- is it shorts & t'shirts or pants and sweaters? Living in the desert, 70 is cold (it was 106 today) so I'm wondering what kind of clothes to pack. I've got questions questions questions, but planning and anticipating the cruise is half the fun. I really look forward to meeting everybody.
Old May 12th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Yeoman

Hi Everybody, I don't leave for my cruise until May 15th and return May22nd.

Hey Bill, thank you for the compliment. Yes, I do have a strong personality. I know what I want and what I don't want in life.

I love to cruise and this is why I am on this message board. We all have that in common.

Hey Born to cruise.... you will get all of your questions answered when we all get the VTG private message board where we will all give eachother handy hints on everything you want to know about the Zuiderdam ship and other stuff you want to know. The message board will most likely go up on OCT.07.
If you want to plan ahead.... you need to buy some summer clothes and some warm clothes for inside the ship that is kept highly air-conditioned.
I also get cold very easily so I always have to wear warm clothes for inside the ship. I pack a beautiful white Angora sweater to wear during dinner time and for the evening Shows.

Hey guys, I have already bought my Delta airline ticket for $49.00 RT because I had some money saved with Delta and I also had miles that I could use to fly.
I will be staying at the Westin Hotel in Fort Lauderdale for the VTG pre-cruise party. I am all set. Angelgal
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Familiar Face

My reply didn't post, so here goes another try, but I know I'm going to forget some of the questions I had.

Angelgal, so glad to see you'll be on this cruise. You're so helpful and informative that I'm really looking forward to meeting you.

Where is the VTG pre-cruise party? I want to get a hotel close by, but I don't want to spend a lot for a room that's just for convenience (flying in a day early) and not for vacation (where I'd be staying a while). Any suggestions on a nice, clean moderately-priced hotel in the area?

Anybody know how obstructive the lifeboats are below the VE cabins? Can you see them while you're seated or are they just in the way when you're standing and looking straight down?

Does VTG do group excursions? If so, when do we find out what port and what it is? I ask because at Half Moon Cay I'm considering getting a cabana (I think that's what it's called) for the day and wondered how far in advance I need to book it so they're not sold out. But I don't want to book one if that's the VTG group excursion day.
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Passenger

ooo
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Yeoman

Hi Born to cruise, it is too soon to know where the vtg pre-cruise party will be located. If you are female you can stay with me at the Westin Hotel and share in the cost. You will only need to pay $70. I am guessing... if there are no hidden costs. I did order the room through VTG when I gave my deposit. I already paid for the hotel room. That hotel is a five star hotel and I am hoping Roseanne Hahn who is my VTG agent and will be one of the hostess decides to stay in that hotel. Sometimes vtg hosts use that hotel for their pre-cruise night.
I am guessing they will have the pre-cruise party at a outdoor patio bar
near the beach.
If you decide you want your own hotel room just wait until we get our vtg yahoo message board set up and you can ask some of the other singles what hotels they are staying at. Then you can book your hotel room.
I don't smoke or drink and I am real easy to get along with for just one night. We will be attending the pre-cruise party before our cruise.
I am planning to find someone to stay with me because I don't like to spend the night alone in a hotel.
Lets talk later. You don't need to decide now since we have plenty of time to make plans. I leave tomorrow on a cruise. Angelgal/Luci
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Familiar Face

Coco, I'm female and I got my room assignment when I booked the cruise. I guess ignorance is bliss cause I didn't know it was against the rules to upgrade at booking. I just said I don't want a guarantee (with my luck I'd be stuck in a VH) and was able to choose a VE cabin - without a roommate (I didn't ask about a higher category). I won't be doing any leaning over the railing or looking straight down (I'm deathly afraid of heights), so as long as the lifeboats aren't obstructive while I'm lounging, the VE will be fine. It's my first time on HAL and I'll consider it a learning experience if I don't like being above the lifeboats. I'll know better next time I book.

Angelgal, PM me when you get back and let's chat about the hotel. I don't smoke and am very easy to get along with. But one thing you'd hate about having me as a roomie is I love sunrises and always have a wakeup call between 4:30-5:00 am.
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Passenger

ggg
Old May 15th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Yeoman

Hi Born to cruise. I leave today for my cruise. I woke up at 5:30a.m. this morning. I am in the habit of waking up too early on cruise ships. For some reason I wake up before 6a.m. Sometimes I wake up at 4a.m. and I get up and start getting ready for the morning. I get dressed and I walk around the deck where I find the smokers corner and I join them until it is time for breakfast at 7a.m. So if you are an early bird you will also see me early in the morning up on the deck or the lobby lounge sitting around writing my cruise review. I always write a cruise review.

I don't mind roomies getting up early and making noise because that helps to wake me up in the morning. For years I have told my roomies to go ahead and make noise when they get up so I can wake up also.

At home I can wake up real early or just sleep late but for some reason on a cruise ship I wake up early.
Lets chat when I return.

Regarding your cabin location.... if you are not happy with the location... this is my advise. Go to Expedia or Orbitz and make believe you are buying a cruise from them for Dec.1st on the Zuiderdam ship. LOOK at each deck to see what cabins are still available on each deck. LOOK what deck is above you and below you to see if there are cabins on those decks. If you change over to a cabin that is buffered between decks that have cabins below and above you will not have a problem with noise from those decks.
Then call your VTG Agent to change you to your favorite location. There is still time to make cabin changes.
I booked an inside cabin for just myself on catagory I - Aft but closer to mid-ship. I am really happy with my location.

My advise is to check out all the decks and see which one you really like.
Angelgal/Luci
Old May 15th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Familiar Face

I did all the deck/cabin comparisons before I chose VE. I like the location, but my only concern is the lifeboats below me. I really don't want to spend the extra money for a VB or VA (I've considered a VC though). Like you said, I still have time. But, for the amount of time I'll spend on the balcony, I don't think something like not being able to look straight down will bother me. Besides, who can see a lifeboat when they're asleep with an open book in their lap and an iPod plugged into their ears (I can't wait for those lazy days!!!). Have a WONDERFUL cruise.
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:34 PM
Passenger

OK Guys. About a week and a half ago I started training for the cruise. Training? That's right. (chuckle) The ideal way to go on a cruise, if you are at all weight conscious, is to get to a weight below what you might come home at. One pound a day is what I average while on a cruise but I have to drop 10 plus pounds because I was a little over what I wanted to be anyway. In the ten days, I have managed ONE whole pound. WHEW! It is a struggle. I would rather do it this way than after the cruise. Just thought I would throw this out there. Louie
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Passenger

fff
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Yeoman

I have seen the Yankee Clipper Hotel and it is a very nice tall building that has a view of the ocean. It is expensive but if you can find a roomie then it will cut down on your one night cost of your hotel room. This hotel does fill up with cruisers who cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. So if you want to stay there book as soon as you can and then find a roomie later.

The Bahia Cabana Hotel is just a one star motel that you can compare to Motel 6. Plus, the last hurricane they had trashed the place with ocean water. This hotel has gotten many bad reviews from Orbitz, Expedia, etc.
They say their restaurant food is lousy and service is bad. Some of the rooms smell. Someone said they saw cockroaches in their room. I don't want to say what else is wrong with the hotel because hopefully things have gotten better at that motel. I attended the pre-cruise party last Dec.06. I was not impressed with that hotel.
They do have a nice small pool area with a Bar where you can buy a drink and just hang out and meet other VTG Singles. You will have to buy your own drink or just hang out with the group. All the vtg singles will be wearing their name badges and a colored wrist band at the pre-cruise party.
The Yankee Clipper Hotel looks really nice and I know most of the vtg singles will be booking that hotel. I am glad that my vtg agent is recommending that hotel.
BUT.... I have already reserved my hotel room at the Westin Hotel that is a five star hotel and I got it at a cheaper rate of $138.00 because I think the Holland America cruise line has a deal for their cruisers with that hotel. I already have three gals who want to be my hotel roomies..
Angelgal
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Passenger

aaa
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Yeoman

Well..... Coco.... some people have said they had cockroaches running around in their room at the Bahia. If that doesn't bother you then go for it and keep the lights on while you sleep so the roaches don't climb into bed with you.. I am not kidding you... just read the reviews on the hotel.
Regarding my photo.... I am not looking for a guy friend since I have plenty of guy friends in my home town. You need to look elsewhere.
I think photos are over-rated. It is the personality and the chemisty that can make people compatiable. I have seen dorky photos of guys and when I met them in person they were handsome and not dorks. Angel
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Old May 28th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Yeoman

Hey Coco, the reason I make it a big deal about my photo is because I only post my photo on the vtg pre-cruise yahoo group website.
It is nobodies business what I look like otherwise.
You seem to have some anger towards me so that doesn't inspire me to
show you my photo. There have been other people on this website who haven't liked me either so that is nothing new for me to notice that you are critizing me just because I love to inform people about cruising.
Yes, I am a big time cruiser and all you have to do is just not read my long replies . Just scroll down to the next writer that pleases you. That is all I have to say to you. You should be greatful that I have informed you that the Bahia hotel has insects. It is a fact that I have read from hotel reviews. I appreciate when other writers on this website teach me something new for me to learn. I am always open to new info. Angelgal
Old May 28th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Admiral

Default ouch!

on and on and on- about what? nothing! we have seen your picture on these posts before angelgal.