Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to b4coco Send a message via Yahoo to b4coco

hhh
Old May 29th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Yeoman

Hey ragtiki, the person who took my photo promised me she would not post my photo on this website when she took it. But she did it anyway.
I had the moderators delete my photo. That was a really mean thing to do to me.

Hey Coco you have made it very clear to me that you don't really like me. So please stop trying to tell me what to do with my life. What I do with my life is done of your business.

You know what.... I am not going to respond to your messages anymore. It is a waste of my time. If you think you can keep on laughing at me... I will report you to our moderators who keep an eye on this website.
Old May 29th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Passenger

1 i dont dislike you, i dont even know you to dislike you dear, you can have as many opinons as you want
Old May 29th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Passenger

ooo
Old May 31st, 2007, 02:36 AM
Familiar Face

I can't believe all this silliness because someone chooses to not send a photo, which is her right. I certainly hope it's not indicative of what to expect in our OVER 40 group. Sure wish I had the freedom and $$$ to cruise as much as Angelgal. I for one am grateful to Angelgal and all the MATURE posters who come to this board with a wealth of information that helps us make good decisions on hotels, ships, ports, etc.
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:59 PM
Yeoman

Hi Born to cruise, thank you for your positive response. I love cruising with the vtg singles because they are mostly singles who have achieved the things they wanted in life. Most of them have achieved their goals in life and are now reaping the fruits of their labor as I have. For many years I worked as a college professor/career counselor and I saved my money for my future. At the time, I didn't know that going on cruise ships was going to be the way for me to enjoy spending my savings.

Presently, I enjoy writing. I do a lot of creative writing in other websites.
Since I have years of experience of cruising I like to inform new cruisers of what to expect when they go cruising because travel agents don't tell you everything. Their goal is just to make a sale. Some agents love to talk and I have learned new things from them. But there are some big time cruisers here who have taught me new things about cruising.
I truly appreciate it when other cruisers give me new information about cruising. The information is always changing so it is hard to write a book on cruising because what is true today is not true tomorrow.
For example; it was just recently that some cruise-lines decided to e- mail your cruise ticket on-line. That wasn't true last year. So things are always changing.
I was born to cruise TOO!!! Angelgal
Old May 31st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Passenger

sss
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:27 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to jimc Send a message via Yahoo to jimc

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4coco
OMG get real angel thanks for the positive response , let it die already, obvioulsy born you didnt read too close, like i pasted what she posted, she is the one who asked for me to post my pic way back b4 i even asked her for her pic,
When I read this thread I thought you asked her SEVERAL times for her picture before she ever asked for yours. Perhaps I missed something but, you asked her for her pic in the 15th post in this thread on 4/22. I do not see her asking for your pic in messages 1-14. I can certainly undstand people not wanting to send out their pictures to strangers.

Regardless she does not care to email it to you.

So why can't you let it go? She said she posts her pic here shortly before she goes on her cruises so you will likely get your chance to see her.
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:54 PM
Passenger

uuu
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Passenger

Like Angel, I'll post what I want where I want. It's my choice and mine alone. I'll put a pic on the VTG board once it goes live, but I don't bother to post it elsewhere. To each, his (or her) own.

How early are folks flying into FLL pre-cruise? I'm thinking of 2 nights perhaps.
Old June 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Yeoman

Hi Peggy, just book a hotel for one night. Just fly in early and fly out on the last day around 4 or 5 p.m. so you can do the Everglades tour that you book on the cruise ship. I always enjoy the peacefulness of the everglades and looking at the alligators and wild birds in the area.
We get to leave the ship early so we can board the tour bus with our luggage and then after our tour.... the bus driver will drop us off at the airport. I think the tour will only cost $39. which is a great rate.
Some people do other tours before leaving for the airport. So it is really nice to fly later so there is time to do one last tour. Angelgal/Luci
Old June 8th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Passenger

Luci, the Everglades tour is the one thing I really want to do in FLL. Thanks for the info!
Old June 9th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Yeoman

I deleted what I said to the mean spirited poster to defend myself.

Our moderators deleted "Girlontheloose" mean things "he" said to me.
Old June 9th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Passenger

Well said, Angel.

I've already reported him for this post. We really are above that sort of thing here, in my opnion.

Glad to see "his" post is long gone. Life really is too short for that kind of garbage.
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Yeoman

Hi Peggy, I have thought it over and I also plan to report the harresment
because it needs to stop now.

When we get to the ship.... as soon as they open their tour window which means a front desk.... we can go check out the tours to see what looks interesting. One time.... some of us cruisers had booked on-line on a Costa Ship and then we found out that we were not really booked on a tour. Some singles got left behind. I was lucky to be able to still get last minute tickets for my cousin and I.

But I think that if you really want to go on a certain tour then it is best to try to book it in advance on their website. Some tours may sell out before we get on the ship.

VTG HOSTS usually trys to find a beach tour for us to book as a group.
Singles have fun on those tours. But at the same time some of us can get a taxi to take us to that same beach and just leave after we get tired instead of staying all the hours planned by the vtg tour. Angelgal
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Beginner

OH ouch!
Old June 9th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Familiar Face

I'm hoping to fly into FLL early enough the day before to see a little of the town and beach. I was considering the post-cruise Everglades tour, but fear of alligators and all things wild made me hesitant. I think I'll just go for it, though. If I can conquer a little Everglades fear then maybe I'll be ready to move on to an African safari (well, that will take a whole lot of fear conquering).
Old June 9th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yeoman

Hi Borntocruise, You can sit in the middle of the boat when you visit the Everglades. I like to sit in the front on the edge so I can seel the wild life better. The Alligators don't really come close to us. Usually we only see one or two of them in the everglades. The driver seat's way at the top and he can see if there is any danger to look for. Angelgal
Old June 9th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Passenger

I'm probably going to spend 2 nights pre-cruise in FLL to see the sights a bit since I've never been there before, and do the Everglades after the cruise. It's the thing I want to do most.

My fair skin can't take a full day of sun at the beach, but I'm up for a beach day with the group as long as there's a shady spot to park myself.
Old June 26th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Passenger

Default Southwest Airlines!

Hi everyone. It,s Louie up in Providence. O.K. I just got of the phone with Southwest Airlines and was told "Most likely" TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY June 27th. is the day they extend past their current November 2nd. reservations,through January 11th. What this means is anyone who wants to fly Southwest will have first crack at their lowest fares for our December 1st. big Z. cruise. Hope this helps any of you who haven,t booked your flight. Good luck, this will be a great cruise. Louie
Old June 26th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Yeoman

Hi Louie, thanks for the info. Can you find me a great hotel on the beach that is affordable? What is your favorite website to find great rates for hotels in Fort Lauderdale? Angelgal/Luci
Old June 27th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Passenger

Hi Luci. It is so ironic that you mentioned that. I am sitting here waiting for SW to change the date so I can make a reservation. I was told it would be between 10 and 11 a.m. Will try to help you out hopefully sometime today or this week. My intent is to fly in to FLL on the 29th. 2 days early. Louie
Old June 28th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Passenger

Default Luci--hotel.

Hi Luci. Roseanne at VTG e-mailed me on May 25th and mentioned the Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel in FLL. for the pre cruise night. $179+tax. I dought you have to book that particular hotel in order to attend the pre-cruise get-together but I am not sure? If you want to stay on the beach, it probably will not be inexpensive. Also, because it is the beginning of December, I believe the prices will come down as we get closer to our vacation. Louie
Old June 28th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Yeoman

Hi Louie, $179. plus tax is a fantastic rate because that hotel is located on the beach and you can see the cruise ships from that hotel. I already have a room-mate. Their normal rate is higher.
I am going to call Roseanne and book that hotel through VTG.
Thank you so much. I am so happy I asked you. Luci
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Yeoman

Default BAD HOTEL NEWS!!!

Hi Louie, I called the Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel and I told them I wanted the VTG discount rate of $179. The reservation clerk said that rate is for a KING size bed only. They would charge extra money if you want a roll-away bed too. "DUH". I can find better rates on another hotel that has a free shuttle airport/cruiseport. Plus, two queen size beds.

I have to keep searching because I plan to have a roomie to share in the expense of a room. Thank you for your advise. Luci
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Yeoman

Don't forget to try the usual websites, like hotels.com, orbitz, etc. You might also call the Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, tell them you are going on a cruise and ask for their suggestions. They might know of some specials.

Good luck!
Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Passenger

Default Hotel

Hi Luci. Pat's suggestions are right on the money. I would like to add, Sidestep.com and Booking Buddy.com. I stand by my comment that I believe the prices will come down as we get closer to our cruise because the first 2 weeks of December can be a slow time. Also Luci, I asked if you thought if there would be a problem attending the pre-cruise get-together if we didn't book the Sheraton Yankee as mentioned by Roseann. I dought it but I am not sure. Louie
Old July 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Yeoman

Hi Louie, Fort Lauderdale is soooo small that it will be real easy to attend the pre-cruise party without having to stay at the Sharaton. Some of us will be staying at the same hotels and we can take a taxi together to the pre-cruise party. Last time I had my hotel shuttle drop me off at a dinner party at some hotel before the party. Some of us took a taxi to the party after dinner.

The BEST & TOP Hotels do get booked up early. Last year there was a hurricane in Nove. and we were cruising on Dec. 5th. Some hotels shut down and the hotels that survived the hurricane got booked up.
I had to cancel my beach front hotel and look for another hotel at the last minute but I waited too long and had to stay at whatever hotel I could find. This is why I am looking early for a hotel deal.

I am only looking at hotels that have shuttles. I feel I still have time to make a decision.
I have noticed that I have to be careful which hotel I choose because most hotels have cancellation fees if I should want to change hotels.

My favorite website for my search is Orbitz because it sometimes has great deals and it also gives guest reviews. Sidestep is also good. Luci
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Beginner

Howdy All,

I thought I'd check out this board as well as the
other one to see what my fellow cruisers are up
to, before, during, and after the Zuiderdam Dec. 1
"MargarittaVille Cruise".

I'm trying to decide where to stay, when to come
down, when to go home, and how may Cap'n Cokes
to have each day (Tequila - break the glass only in
case of dire emergencies).

It looks there's going to be a pre-cruise party at
Bahia Cabana Something or Other. What's this place
like? Can I stay nearby? Is the 15th Street Fishery
still good? Where else can we go before the cruise
leaves?

How many folks are coming down the day before, and
is anybody coming down even earlier than that? Also, is
anybody staying til Sunday, and if so, what's up on
Saturday night?

Can somebody recommend a non-fleabag, right on the
beach, for under $200.

By the way, what language is Coco-Laboy typing in -
Klingon?

Ciao,
MarkG.
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Yeoman

Hi, wow! You have a lot of questions.. I am sure you will find a great hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Wait until our VTG message board starts and I am sure there will be more singles with ideas on what hotels to stay at for our pre-cruise night. There is still time to book a room.
The singles who like to party will be showing up on that message board.
Angel/Luci