Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to b4coco Send a message via Yahoo to b4coco
Default anyone booked on singles VTG dec 1st on HAL out of FtL

HI
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Passenger

Hi Brad, have you booked with vtg singles for the Zuiderdam ship yet? I am booked already and I am planning to stay at the Westin Hotel that was booked through VTG. I already paid for air fare too. VTG always plans a pre-cruise party so we can meet before we get on the ship. Plus, in Sept. we get a private yahoo group website to talk with eachother.
Candiee/Angel gal
Old April 17th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Passenger

xxx
Old April 18th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Yeoman

Are you talking to me?lol. I booked my flight early because Delta is famous for jacking up their rates for the last minute flyers. Instead of giving me a great last minute deal they instead charge more. Plus, I have free miles to pay for one way and I also had some money vouchers saved from other flights that I didn't take. Plus, I wanted to fly with just one stop.
Can you believe that a Delta flight from L.A. to Florida can cost me up to $800. Rt.? I have seen flyers pay up to $1,600. at the last minute to fly from Georgia to L.A. just to attend a Movie Star award show.
I usually fly Delta because I have relatives in Albany, Georgia.

The hotel was also booked in advance because if I wait until the last minute most of the hotels are sold out where I want to stay at.

I book the cruise ships early so I can get a great location mid-ship.

I didn't used to care about where I stayed on a ship but recently the ships I have been on have been rocking and rolling too much due to the winds that hit the ships sideways. So mid-ship is the best location. Second best is Aft. Angel gal
Old April 19th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Passenger

Brad, I'm booked on the cruise. Looking forward to it. The VTG agent I talked with said they expect this to be a large group.
Old April 20th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Yeoman

Hi Peggy, if you plan to go to Fort Lauderdale one day early..... you are welcomed to stay with me at the Westin Hotel that my vtg agent booked for me. It will only be for one night and we can go to the pre-cruise party together in a taxi. Or.... if you prefer to get your own room.... that is okay too. Send me a personal message and let me know later after you see my photo and learn more about me on our private vtg yahoo group. We have plenty of time to make decisions. You have first dibs.lol. I think our wesite will open up from two to three months in advance. Talk to you later. Angel
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Passenger

Hi Angel!

I'll may stay at a Hilton family hotel; got a bunch of points to burn before the end of the year. Not sure yet what I'm going to do. I've never been to FLL before so may go a couple days early to look around. I bet there's a Hilton near the Westin; could probably still share a taxi.

The Yahoo group site goes live 2 months before the cruise? I was wondering about that. The VTG agent says they're expecting between 150-300 people to book this trip, it's really popular. This should be FUN!
Old April 21st, 2007, 04:48 AM
Yeoman

Hi Peggy, I got lucky last Dec. on a vtg cruise and met a really nice guy to cruise with as friends. But I would rather cruise with someone that can become a permanent companion. He was just a temporary friendship that lasted one year. I was happy to just to be friends but now I want a love relationship. If that is not possible..... I don't mind just being a pen-pal on cyberspace e-mails. I truly enjoy just talking to guys just for fun.
I have one vtg pen pal that I met on my last vtg cruise. We are just friends and we talk about being single. Tonight he is at a vtg party....tomorow he leaves on the Golden Princess for his cruise.

See you on our private vtg website and pre-cruise party. Angelgal
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:33 PM
Passenger

===
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:37 PM
Passenger

xxx
Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4coco
PEGGY POSTED Brad, I'm booked on the cruise. Looking forward to it. The VTG agent I talked with said they expect this to be a large group.
Peggy Celebrity Mercury 9-25-06...Can't WAIT!

YOU BOOKED 2 CRUISES? ONE ON CELEBRITY MERCURY SEPT 25 AND HAL ZUIDERDAM DEC 1 ?
Brad, the Mercury cruise was last year. I need to update my signature.

I already have my cabin assignment; that came with my confirmation/deposit reciept.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 03:23 PM
Yeoman

"Yea" Peggy!! You are all set to cruise like I am on the Zuiderdam. I am looking foreward to meeting you. I will see you at the pre-cruise message board with my photo.
Be sure to book your hotel soon because the hotels sell out early because of all the cruise ships in the port. The hotels get filled up.

Angel gal
Old April 22nd, 2007, 03:26 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
"Yea" Peggy!! You are all set to cruise like I am on the Zuiderdam. I am looking foreward to meeting you. I will see you at the pre-cruise message board with my photo.
Be sure to book your hotel soon because the hotels sell out early because of all the cruise ships in the port. The hotels get filled up.

Angel gal
Angel, I'm finding out already that hotels book fast! Airfare also went up a bit in the last 2 weeks, so booked that, too. I'm arriving in FLL the 29th so I can look around before we sail.

See you here until VTG sets up the char board!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Yeoman

Peggy, I know other vtg singles will also be arriving a few days early too. I think that is a great idea because when you get on the ship you don't have jet lag. Angel gal
Old April 22nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Passenger

///
Old April 22nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
Beginner

Hi everyone

I have been lurking and finally decided to post. I am thinking about this cruise and wondered if there will be many people my age (mid 50's). I love to cruise mostly on RCI but I have also been on Carnival, NCL and Disney. How does Holland compare?

I usually cruise with my granddaughter but now that she is in school it is a little more difficult and costly to cruise during peak times. So I thought I might try a singles cruise.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Passenger

Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Yeoman

Hi SLP, YES, there will be tons of 50's singles on the ZUIDERDAM SHIP.
The Holland ships are 5 stars. They have the best service ever. They carry your tray of food at the buffet. At dinner time if you choose to eat at the buffet..... you sit down and they take your food order and bring it to you just like in a restaurant. My cousin liked to eat in the buffet for dinner and he was truly impressed and amazed with the service.

Most of their workers are from Indonisia sp and are truly happy workers as far as I can tell. They were always nice and kind to me when I cruised on the Oosterdam ship. A friend of mine has cruised on the Zuiderdam and was truly happy with the food and the service.
I love their home-made ice cream in a sugar cone. Fantastic!! Yummy.
The beds are super nice and comfy and the cabins are nice.

I booked a SOLO cabin for myself and I chose my own cabin located mid-ship. Yes, my agent gave me my booking number and cabin number on the day I made my deposit.

The VTG agents aim to please so this is why I book early so I can get the best cabin for myself. I don't know how they handle their Match Programs because I always like to get my own cabin. I like to control what cabin I get so I do a search on my own of the location of cabins so when I talk to the vtg agent she has an idea what I am looking for.
Since I am a PAST PASSENGER of Holland..... I am able to get a free upgrade to a higher catagory. Sometimes I pay some extra money to get a better deck and location too. I don't remember my cabin number for the Zuiderdam ship.... so it could be located AFT. I don't mind being in the aft location. But my cabin is closer to mid-ship.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:55 PM
Yeoman

If I have to cancel the VTG Halloween cruise I'm thinking about this one.

I did just celebrate the big 50 last month so I thought this might be fun, that and the fact I have not done the HAL Cruise Line yet.

Does anyone know how many to expect on this cruise and what the ages might be?

Bill
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
Passenger

Bill, this cruise is for the 40+ crowd and the VTG agent says they expect 150-300 to book the trip. A great big group of fun people!
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:09 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctrekkie
Bill, this cruise is for the 40+ crowd and the VTG agent says they expect 150-300 to book the trip. A great big group of fun people!
Thanks Peggy
Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Yeoman

Hey Bill you must join us on the Zuiderdam ship because it is a 5 star ship and is very classy. The service is fantastic..... they even carry your tray of food from the buffet as you choose certain items from the buffet.
Then they carry it to your table. I met a gal who cruised on this ship and she just totally loved her experience.
When I cruised on the Oosterdam ship I was also totally surprised how great the service was on the ship. HAL ships are super nice and the crew members who are mostly from Indonisia are a group of happy people.
The private Captain party was totally fantastic. I got to sit down and meet with some of the Captain's men in a small comfy room that had a really nice bar where the waiter would come and ask us what we wanted to drink. It was a memorable experience for me and I am looking foreward to that experience again on the Zuiderdam on December 1st.

December attracts some really nice singles that are a lot of fun because these are singles who have acheived their life goals like you have.
Some very intelligent world travelers show up that are fun to talk with at the singles tables. The group will also attract a few comedians who are single that like to act silly and tell funny stories to the group of diners at their table.

Hey Bill, you may be turning 50...... but you are still 19yrs at heart and you are very handsome. I still remember how you danced on our dinner table.. I also remember the type of gals you are attracted too also.
I know you have broken a few hearts because some gal told me so but I think you like being free and single to have fun in your single life-style.

Hey... maybe you will meet a hottie gal that will be fun to hang out with on the Zuiderdam ship. I know the type of gals you like because you told me so. I met you on the Halloween cruise on the Carnival Pride ship. We used to have dinner with your friend Darrell from Houston.
YOU MUST BOOK THIS CRUISE ON DECEMBER THE FIRST WITH VTG!!!
Your gal-pal Lucy a.k.a Angelgal
Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Passenger

ccc
Old May 4th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Yeoman

I have several photos of Bill and I on the Carnival Pride where I met him and his friend Darrell. Plus, he had an ex- girl friend that had a major crush on him at our dinner table too.
Bill is a fun guy and I don't think he will be spending much time with me when I see him on another cruise. We most likely will just say hello to eachother and move on to meet new friends. That is the life of single cruisers. Believe me.... Bill does what he wants to do on cruise ships and he is a lot of fun to hang out with.
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Hey Coco, I have several photos of Bill and I on the Carnival Pride where I met him and his friend Darrell. Plus, he had an ex- girl friend that had a major crush on him at our dinner table too.
Bill is a fun guy and I don't think he will be spending much time with me when I see him on another cruise. We most likely will just say hello to eachother and move on to meet new friends. That is the life of single cruisers. Believe me.... Bill does what he wants to do on cruise ships and he is a lot of fun to hang out with.

Hey Coco, when are you going on a cruise?
Are you kidding Lucy, if we cruise again we have to take up where we left off at the dinner table.
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Yeoman

Hey Bill, okay.... lets have fun again at dinner time so you can do a table top dance.
Too bad Darrell can't get away from working and going to law school so he can cruise with you. I have a photo of me hugging Darrell.
My sister will be going to Houston to work for a couple of months in September and she is going to visit Darrell. She has only met him on the telephone last time she was in Houston. But I think this time she will get to meet him in person. She works in Houston every year for a couple of months selling hand-made jewelry. She makes original jewelry.

The Halloween cruise is more fun so you should choose the Halloween cruise because it is a blast with all those great costumes people wear on Halloween. SEA YA, LUCY
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Passenger

ppp
Old May 5th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Yeoman

deleted by me.
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Hey Coco, you started the topic but you have not said if you have already booked the Zuiderdam ship. So have you?
She got you on that one! 8)
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Passenger

lll