Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Passenger

Default 1st singles cruise. nervous. VTG August 07

I'm going on my first ever cruise, but wasn't able to find anyone who was able to go with me, so I decided to book with vtg singles cruise.

I need some advice from people who have been on a singles cruise before.

1- I'm not looking to hook up on board, I just don't want to get bored since I'll be alone. Does the singles cruise turn into a dating service, or are there people that are just there to hang out with other people that are travelling alone?

2- I'm a 30 y.o. female. Not a huge partier, but enjoy having fun. Are there people that are going to be my age that are not interested in getting smashed every night?

3- I'm somewhat shy, but also pretty good at starting up conversations with new people. Is it easy to connect with most people, or do "groups" form right away, and you pretty much just stay with that group of people?

I'm looking to have a great time, but also relax and de-stress. Am I doing the right cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Passenger

Hi, Showcat is also going on that cruise. Please read her topic on this message board. She is super nice and can introduce you to the other singles that we know.

You will not have problems meeting the other vtg singles. On the first ice breaker party you will meet lots of singles. I notice that the vtg singles are just wanting to hang out with eachother as a singles group and not really searching for love unless love finds them. Since you are in your 30's you will find other singles in your age range too because they have an activity planned out just for the under 40 age group so you all younger singles can meet eachother.

You will also be invited to join a private yahoo group to talk with the other singles going on your cruise. I think they will set-up the website in the month of June. Be sure to tell your travel agent to let you know about the website so you can join as soon as possible. Candiee/Angel gal
Old April 19th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Passenger

Jess:
hey there! I dont want to go into a while advertising scheme for us, but I think you will have a GREAT time-- I will be on there with you so if you need anything please feel free to ask-- Right now we have about 65 poeple booked so this one is going to be a BIG group because the rates are so low right now--See ya on board, Logan
8)
Old April 19th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Yeoman

The best thing about a hosted singles cruise is that you will never be alone unless you want to be. There will be all kinds of people--those looking for romance and those just wanting to have a good time and make new friends. You have absolutely nothing to be nervous about.

I suggest you go to Cruisemates singles section and read my articles on singles cruising. I think you will find lots of tips and advice to put your mind at ease and get ready to have a wonderful time.

I have cruised with VTG several times, and they are wonderful at what they do.

Have fun...and when you return be sure to post here and tell us all about it.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 1st singles cruise. nervous. VTG August 07

Jess, you should have a great time even if you are going alone my advice get a room to yourself. As for not planning to meet anyone it is your choice, but being a single woman there is a possibility of being "hit on" by other single men especially if you are hot.

Contact Showcat she is an experience cruiser.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Yeoman

Jess, since you are 30yrs. old you should get a roomie who is close to your age so you have a buddy to hang out with. I have lots of vtg gal friends in their 30's and they are all very nice. You can ask VTG to find you a roomie in your age range. They will do their best to match you up with someone.
I have a 30yrs old friend that always asks for a gal in her age range. She is a person who cruises a lot and she always gets a roomie.

When I was in my 30's I always would ask for a roomie to save money. But now that I am older I can afford to get my own cabin. Angel gal
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Passenger

Thanks for all your replies. I'm VERY excited. I think I am catching the cruise bug. I can't even tell you how many times I have been on this site, searching different cruises, reading reviews, shopping for cute outfits to wear.... It feels like too long to wait!!!!

I would love to get my own cabin, but I can't afford it. I will try and request someone my age. I hope it turns out okay.

Thanks for your advice.