Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Beginner

Default Anyone going on a cruise in June or July

I'm a single male in my 20's needing a vacation to get away from the everyday stresses in life.
Are there any singles in their 20's and 30's taking a cruise in either June or July?
I'm planning this pretty soon so any replies will help.
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to katie2142 Send a message via Yahoo to katie2142

I'll be going on the Carnival Victory out of NYC on July 23.
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:05 PM
Yeoman

The summer months attracts a lot of young singles because their parents or grand-parents paid for them to cruise along with the family. Lots of families cruise together in the summer months. It is prime time for them.
Kids and young singles are out of school and colleges.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to b4coco Send a message via Yahoo to b4coco

HERE YOU GO ANGEL YOU ASKED, WHERE IS YOURS DEAR
Old June 9th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Beginner

Hello, are you still looking for a cruise mate?
I might interested in cruising in July to the Carribean.
I'm 30 y.o., first time cruiser. Just looking for someone normal to share a cabin. Someone who doesn't snore. I'm a young professional, just looking to relax and meet new people.
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Passenger

Default cruise in july

i am a single male in my early 20's. I wold love to go on a cruise in July. If this is okay with you, write me back.

Greg
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:58 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to sean2007

I'm thinking about Mexican Riviera from Long Beach, CA on July 1.
Old June 21st, 2007, 02:05 AM
Yeoman

The Carnival Pride ship in Long Beach is a great ship because they have great food and entertainment. All the carnivals have great beds and have nice cabins. I truly like the Carnival Pride. Mexico will be really nice in July too. I have been there many times to the Mex-Riviera. Great ports.
Old June 21st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Default First timer - tip

First timer - do suggest you avoid Jamaica for a first cruise. It has always been rough, but it is a bit of a hot spot now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebutterfly
Hello, are you still looking for a cruise mate?
I might interested in cruising in July to the Carribean.
I'm 30 y.o., first time cruiser. Just looking for someone normal to share a cabin. Someone who doesn't snore. I'm a young professional, just looking to relax and meet new people.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:15 PM
Yeoman

Hi Diver guy, Did you read about how some cruisers got robbed on a organised tour planned by the ship just this month? They were in Montego Bay, Jamaica, on a tour of a well known plantation or some famous estate when they all got robbed but not injured.
Since Montego Bay is such a small place and everybody knows everybody... it was real easy to find the robbers. They say they found the purses and wallets thrown on the ground and only the cash was taken. The police were really angry and they killed one of the robbers as they were hunting them down in their community. I think that will teach the robbers not to bother the tourists in town. The Carnival cruise line has taken that tour off their list now.
Whenever an island gets too dangerous for the tourists the cruiselines start to avoid that island.

Jamaica has never been a friendly island. It is always best not to wander too far from the port area when you go there. I have personally met some of the local Jamaican people and some of them are still angry for having been slaves on that island. They call their beaches "Bloody beach" because many slaves died there when they tried to escape the island as slaves. Plus, they are stuck there... far away from their homeland of Africa. Many tourists close their eyes to the angry eyes of the Jamaicans. They go there to have fun and they do.

I have been to St. Croix and it has the most beautiful clear clean ocean but many years ago all the cruiselines decided not to stop there anymore because tourists were being robbed. I truly miss that island. Luci
Old June 21st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Admiral

Hi Luci:

Yes, read about the gun-to-their-head robbery. Sad since kiddo and I have been down to Jamaica and had a great time with a cabbie looking after us. BTW, kiddo will actually be out your way in July visiting his great aunt in Hollywood. The ex's family were into studio lighting in the days of the late Howard Hughes - actually have a picture of him with my son's great grandfather. Howard's wife #1 was actually kiddo's cousin, Ella Botts Rice.

Over here in Texas, a mob of blacks in Austin celebrating Juneteenth just beat a man who was a passenger in a car that hit a kiddo in an accident. The kiddo was not hurt seriously, but the passenger was beaten to death right here on the streets of our state capitol. Spread the word out in California - you don't want to move to Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hi Diver guy, Did you read about how some cruisers got robbed on a organised tour planned by the ship just this month? They were in Montego Bay, Jamaica, on a tour of a well known plantation or some famous estate when they all got robbed but not injured.
Since Montego Bay is such a small place and everybody knows everybody... it was real easy to find the robbers. They say they found the purses and wallets thrown on the ground and only the cash was taken. The police were really angry and they killed one of the robbers as they were hunting them down in their community. I think that will teach the robbers not to bother the tourists in town. The Carnival cruise line has taken that tour off their list now.
Whenever an island gets too dangerous for the tourists the cruiselines start to avoid that island.

Jamaica has never been a friendly island. It is always best not to wander too far from the port area when you go there. I have personally met some of the local Jamaican people and some of them are still angry for having been slaves on that island. They call their beaches "Bloody beach" because many slaves died there when they tried to escape the island as slaves. Plus, they are stuck there... far away from their homeland of Africa. Many tourists close their eyes to the angry eyes of the Jamaicans. They go there to have fun and they do.

I have been to St. Croix and it has the most beautiful clear clean ocean but many years ago all the cruiselines decided not to stop there anymore because tourists were being robbed. I truly miss that island. Luci
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:32 PM
First Mate

well luci, you do know your stuff on cruising.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
Yeoman

Hi Diver guy, I was born in Houston, Texas where my ancestors are from since the late 1800's. My great-grandfather and great uncles worked as sheriffs. I have relatives all over Texas. Most of them are millionaires because they became super rich through owning land and businesses.
If my dad had stayed there he would have also becomed a millionaire too. But I love California where we have the drive-by shootings on the freeways. It is always random selection or road rage late at night.
We also have people being beated or shot if someone hits someone with their cars. We are a city of wheels and have thousands of drivers who prefer not to carpool. But I live in a small community of Glendale where the people are really friendly and it is safe to walk the streets at night.
I truly like my community. BUT.... crime can happen anywhere.... we just have to be smart and aware of our surrondings where ever we go in our world.
When I go into ports I don't carry anything important in my purse. I hide my money and credit cards, etc. under my shirt in a money type bag.
So if someone grabs my purse they can take it. I also don't wear any jewelry in ports. I see lots of gals wearing beautiful jewelry in third world countries.... ports... when all the ships arrive. These gals and their hubbies are super rich. It would be nice to be super rich but I am confortable.

So your son is coming to Hollywood. Tell him to visit Universal Studios because they always have something new to see. The weather is really nice right now. Plus, he can always go to the beach to cool down. Luci
Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Luci:

Cool - then you should know about Baker-Botts. Walter Brown Botts (Ella Botts Rice's grandfather) was kin. That is the legal branch of the family that runs to Will Farish, late ambassador to the court of Saint James and is associated with the Baker's and Bush's. My side is the record-keeping branch that flows from Reverend Joseph Botts and keeps track of who is who among the millions in the extended family. Kiddo is Bush's cousin on his mother's (damn yankee) side.

So you are in Glendale? I'm actually a native born in Sacramento and lived in Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Thousand Oaks, Ojai, and RPV. Now I live in Texas and work hard to head off our illegal immigration problem (it is simply a crime to allow any other Californians to move here )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hi Diver guy, I was born in Houston, Texas where my ancestors are from since the late 1800's. My great-grandfather and great uncles worked as sheriffs. I have relatives all over Texas. Most of them are millionaires because they became super rich through owning land and businesses.
If my dad had stayed there he would have also becomed a millionaire too. But I love California where we have the drive-by shootings on the freeways. It is always random selection or road rage late at night.
We also have people being beated or shot if someone hits someone with their cars. We are a city of wheels and have thousands of drivers who prefer not to carpool. But I live in a small community of Glendale where the people are really friendly and it is safe to walk the streets at night.
I truly like my community. BUT.... crime can happen anywhere.... we just have to be smart and aware of our surrondings where ever we go in our world.
When I go into ports I don't carry anything important in my purse. I hide my money and credit cards, etc. under my shirt in a money type bag.
So if someone grabs my purse they can take it. I also don't wear any jewelry in ports. I see lots of gals wearing beautiful jewelry in third world countries.... ports... when all the ships arrive. These gals and their hubbies are super rich. It would be nice to be super rich but I am confortable.

So your son is coming to Hollywood. Tell him to visit Universal Studios because they always have something new to see. The weather is really nice right now. Plus, he can always go to the beach to cool down. Luci
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Billy8427
Default Hey Man...

Hey Man, How ya doing.. I will be goin on the carnival Victory 5 day cruise on 7/23.