Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:37 PM
Beginner

Default VTG Galveston Jan 27

I know this is REALLY early, but was wondering if anyone had yet signed up for this? I've cruised once with Singles Cruises, and wonder how VTG compares? I know to sign up on the boards beforehand (I haven't booked yet)... just curious as to the "friendliness" factor.

~ Heather
Glory- Sept/06
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: VTG Galveston Jan 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPurr
I know this is REALLY early, but was wondering if anyone had yet signed up for this? I've cruised once with Singles Cruises, and wonder how VTG compares? I know to sign up on the boards beforehand (I haven't booked yet)... just curious as to the "friendliness" factor.

~ Heather
Glory- Sept/06
Hey Heather, it's Paul from your SC cruise . VTG is great and they have a wonderful staff. Much better, IMHO!!!

That cruise is a great ship and an awesome price!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
Yeoman

I think Galveston is cold in the winter months. I would prefer to cruise out of Galveston in the Spring when the weather is better in Galveston and I can have some fun in Galveston for a few days.

VTG IS GREAT!!! I have cruised with them 5 times.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
I think Galveston is cold in the winter months. I would prefer to cruise out of Galveston in the Spring when the weather is better in Galveston and I can have some fun in Galveston for a few days.

VTG IS GREAT!!! I have cruised with them 5 times.
I went out of Galveston with VTG this past February.

VTG IS DEFINITELY GREAT!!!

Galveston weather was chilly, but once we got out of the Gulf it was warm and beautiful.

Go and have a great time.
Old June 4th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Yeoman

When I was a little girl I used to love to go swimming in Galveston in the summer months. I would like to do that again.
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:19 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave47pgh

Hi Heather,
I too signed up for that cruise with VTG. This will be my 5th trip with VTG and they all have been fun. I wouldn't do it again and again if it was bad experience.. I know two others that are repeat VTG cruiser's that are returning. We will have a blast...

Dave
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:05 PM
First Mate

Default Re: VTG Galveston Jan 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPurr

~ Heather
Glory- Sept/06
I may consider signing up, but I need to know the price, shipname, sailing date, and destinations?? If you have this info, please PM me or post 'em.

Thank you kindly.
Old August 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
Beginner

You can find out all you need from this link;
http://www.vacationstogo.com/singles_c5.cfm
Old August 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave47pgh

Thank you for the info! I just signed up and paid in full .. .I wish they have more cruises from Texas ...I heard there's a new port in Houston, but I don't see any ship sailing from it??

AgentPurr,

Thank you for sharing this post. =)
Old August 1st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Default Galveston

When going from Galveston check your parking options. Recommend the private lots with shuttles. Winter can get cold there - my cruise hit right about our nasty winter freeze. With the shuttle you go from the terminal into shelter (bus) instead of waiting outside for one in your party to fetch your car. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
Quote:

Thank you for the info! I just signed up and paid in full .. .I wish they have more cruises from Texas ...I heard there's a new port in Houston, but I don't see any ship sailing from it??

AgentPurr,

Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:11 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Galveston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
When going from Galveston check your parking options. Recommend the private lots with shuttles. Winter can get cold there - my cruise hit right about our nasty winter freeze. With the shuttle you go from the terminal into shelter (bus) instead of waiting outside for one in your party to fetch your car. 8)

Quote:
Quote:

AgentPurr,

divemaster,

thanks for your valuable tips, however, I am not concern with the weather in Texas since I have thick skin. Several years back, I took a class at PPPL in NJ, and the weather was cold there. I doubt Texas weather can get that cold like Jersey.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Galveston

BTDT in Providence, RI this winter - NE cold is drier and sharper than TX, but TX can get cold *and wet*. Think freezing drizzle. The terminal at Galveston has minimal cover when waiting in the que for cars. "Frizzle" was what we got this winter. 8)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster

Quote:
Quote:

AgentPurr,

divemaster,

thanks for your valuable tips, however, I am not concern with the weather in Texas since I have thick skin. Several years back, I took a class at PPPL in NJ, and the weather was cold there. I doubt Texas weather can get that cold like Jersey.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Beginner

I am considering this cruise as well since it works with my schedule and being from Texas going out of Galveston is convenient, it'll be my 3rd cruise from there.

Question for the veterans, once you book a VTG singles cruise, do they set up a chat or message board beforehand so people can kind of get to know each other?
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Yeoman

YES, VTG will set up a private yahoo message board 60 days before your cruise. You will be able to set up a photo album of yourself and also see others' photos and have fun sending messages and doing CHAT too.

All of you will have a great time!!

VTG is located in Houston, Texas so it is like a home port for their Hosts who will be cruising with you all.

Diver guy is right about the cold and rain but I am guessing it is not as cold as the upper East Coast during winter.
It doesn't hurt to be prepared for that type of weather. Be prepared.

The western caribbean will be warm like 80degrees. Angelgal
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Beginner

We folks from the north east won't mind a little "warm" rain in January. Looking forward to that 80 degree weather though. Last January did the VTG cruise out of San Diego and it was the coldest in the Mexican Riviera in 20 years.. But had a great time anyways, got to see whales!!