Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Yeoman

Default SinglesCruise.com - New Policies

Don't know if you guys have heard but Singlescruise.com is in the process of making some significant changes. I got this info from Rick Streeter yesterday in an email. They are;

1.) No processing fee for cruises booked after May 1, 2007

2.) No cancellation penalty if cancelled 90 days before sailing

3.) Transfer of full deposit to new cruise if done before final payment is due

4.) They plan on posting some new cruises for next year onboard Royal Caribbean & Norwegian, maybe more

I think this is pretty significant in that these are the major complaints most cruisers have had and they seem to be listening.

Whether it's to keep from losing business or to keep us happy it doesn't matter as we all win on this! 8)

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Yeoman

Hi Bill, thank you for this new information. I would love to cruise on RCL and Celebrity cruiselines with a singles group.

I also hope they also book us right away on the cruise-ship. That was my main complaint. I thought it was strange that they wouldn't give cruisers their booking number or cabin number until a few months later eventhough a deposit was made. Luci
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hi Bill, thank you for this new information. I would love to cruise on RCL and Celebrity cruiselines with a singles group.

I also hope they also book us right away on the cruise-ship. That was my main complaint. I thought it was strange that they wouldn't give cruisers their booking number or cabin number until a few months later eventhough a deposit was made. Luci
That one I'm not sure about but I have in the past gotten them to assign me a cabin immediately when I booked so I knew where I was going to be. 8)
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Beginner

I'm just glad they're going to use a line other than Carnival! I took one cruise with Singlescruise.com and thought they did a good job, but I couldn't bear the incessant phoniness of the Carnival crew. They just had to keep telling us what a great time we were having instead of letting us enjoy the cruise and judging the experience for ourselves. I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming cruises on other lines.
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Yeoman

Hi LynDee, I also totally dislikes the social directors on the Carnival ships making a lot of noise on the loud speakers. For example; I am eating a wonderful buffet lunch in port in St. Maarten and all of a sudden my luncheon is disturbed by this loud voice that screams out that we are in St. Maarten!!! "Duh".... like we cruisers don't know we are in port since 8a.m.?

Then they have this thing about the red, white, and blue groups. We are all supposed to scream when our color is yelled out. On the last day the winners are announced and what prize do they get? Nothing..... but the joy is having won. That is what they tell me. I carry my ear plugs with me.
All the other cruise-lines leave Carnival in the dust when it comes to class and service and food and the beauty of the ships.
I am planning to avoid Carnival cruises this year as much as possible. Angelgal
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Yeoman

Regarding Carnival, they truly live up to their reputation as a "Fun Ship," but a lot of singles are no longer interested in the "party-hearty" atmosphere. They want--and are receiving from several agencies--a more sophisticated type of singles cruise, and I love that.
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Beginner

The thing is, Pat, I can "party hearty" without being pumped up by phony cruise directors. I'm a fun loving active person. I never drink on cruises because I'd get sea sick, but I'm out there dancing, laughing, and having loads of fun. To me, the cruise directors are obnoxious and really detract from a true party atmosphere. Then again, that's just my opinion and perhaps others love that style. I'm just glad that Singlescruise.com is planning on using other lines.
Old June 16th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Beginner

Default Booking #

I still don't understand why they won't give you a booking #. If you insist on getting an assigned cabin they will assign one to you and give you a cabin # but still no booking #. Supposedly if they assign you a cabin then you are forefeiting any chances for an upgrade. Usually when I book through the cruiseline or any other travel agency, I can get an assigned cabin but am open to upgrades. Even if I have a guarantee cabin I still have a booking # without a cabin assignment. They're explanation is that it is different when you are booking with a group.