Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Passenger

Default I'M GOING!!!! (Halloween)

After much stress and negotiation, I am definately going on the vtg halloween cruise out of Miami!! I'm calling first thing in the morning to book my reservation.

This will be my first ever cruise. Thank you all for all your advice, and answers to my questions. I'm sure there will be plenty more questions as the day approaches.

I'm so excited. Now I just have to wait 5 more months! I feel like that is years!!!

I will be sharing a cabin, because that is the only way I can afford to go, but I'm crossing my fingers and saying a prayer that I will get matched up with a normal person. I'm pretty laid back, and get along with most people, so I'm really hoping it won't be a problem. If anyone wants to change their mind about having a room to themselves, I am free to be a roommate. I promise I am an extremely normal and considerate person!

::doing my little cruise dance::
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Yeoman

YEAH!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I am sure you will have a great time!!
Call my vtg agent Roseanne Hahn and have her book your cruise. Tell her you want a nice roomie. Also ask if she can find you a Catagory-4-A
cabin which is the cheapest cabin for just yourself and see if it is just a bit more than having a roomie. Good Luck. Luci
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to jimc Send a message via Yahoo to jimc

Where can I find out more about getting a single room without actually just paying double for a room? 4-A room. I have seen these numbers and letters thrown around here. Is there a place where I can read about what these mean?

jessm congrats. I am just getting into looking at single cruising. Went from ewe, to maybe this could be fun, to you mean I have to shop around and maybe wait months for the right one? lol

Thanks,
Jim
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Passenger

holy crap, I'm so excited!
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Yeoman

The information that Carnival has is super old on the catagory 4-A. when you look at their website photos. Carnival will show you an ughly cabin that has an upper and a lower bunk beds. That is not true anymore on the newer ships. The cat.4-A's are insider cabins that have one twin bed instead of a full bed. The higher catagories have a full bed.

Only your vtg agent can tell you what is available on cat.4-A's.
The agent will recommend that you book a cat.4-A guarantee which means you may get upgraded to a cabin with a full bed.

I have booked a cat.4-A on Carnival and I had a beautiful cabin with two port-holes and a sofa besides the twin bed. Some Carnival ships have cabins that have port holes.

Don't be shy...... just call and ask questions and have your credit card ready to book a cabin. WHAT IS AVAILABLE TODAY WILL BE GONE TOMORROW. That means that if the agent gives you a great deal today it doesn't mean it will still be available a few days later. I have made the mistake of waiting to book and then when I call back the rate has gone up or the cabin is taken. I have learned my lesson.

One more thing.... if you decide to book with a singles group.... they always sell out.... then you will be put on a waiting list if someone changes their mind to cruise. So don't wait until the last minute or you will be left out of the group. Ships do sell out sometimes way in advance.

Cat.4-A guarantees are super popular with the regular big time cruisers. Sometimes they sell out those catagories one year in advance. I have seen that with my own eyes when doing a search on cabins. Angelgal

Anyway.... stay excited!! Angelgal
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Passenger

Hi Jessm,

Hey listen. I went on my first singles cruise(and first cruise ever) in March of 2005 on Carnival Legend. It was absolutely amazing. I went by myself as I had been through a whole lot over that past year and just needed to get away. I couldn't believe I was going away by myself!! That was a whole new concept for me. I did the roommate matching thing and ended up with an awesome roomate (ROBIN). I really lucked out with her and we respected each others space. I met soooo many amazing people. People I still stay in contact with and visit from time to time. I am from Canada and have been on two cruises since, one with my two children and one recently with my mother. I love it. I am doing another singles cruise in September with VTG(not the agency I used the first time) but have heard amazing things. Actually, there was a group onboard the cruise I just got off of this past March from VTG and the few I did meet onboard had all kinds of wonderful things to say. I am going alone again as I do need ME time away from family and work and I enjoy it. It is a wonderful way of meeting people even if your not in it for the romance. I can't wait for my cruise and if I was going at Halloween I would consider bunking with you. But good luck...hopefully you will have the same luck I did with mine. It was an experience of a lifetime and I will never forget it. I hope yours is too.
Sassifraz
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Passenger

Sassifraz,

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm 30 y.o and just graduating college, so this is my way to sort of celebrate me and all the work that I've put in for so many years!

I believe that it's true, things are what you make them to be. I'm staying away from people who have only negative things to say about crusing, and I'm determined to have the time of my life.

I have never been on vacation by myself before, so I am a little nervous about that, but it makes me feel more comfortable to know that there is a huge group of us that will be by ourselves.

I am nervous about the roommate thing, but it sounds like some people have had good experiences, so it is possible. And, I am pretty laid back and easy to get along with, so I'm hoping it's not going to be a problem.

I'm SO looking forward to this trip. My only fear is that I will hype myself up so much that I'll be disappointed when it finally gets here.

Have a great cruise in September!!! It's true, we all need our ME time.
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yeoman

Sass is right about how much fun it is to travel by yourself and get a matched roomie. I know Robin very well. She is super nice but she has found a boyfriend whom she has been dating. Two friends of mine were her roomie on different singles cruises. I also set Robin with another friend of mine from Toronto and they became fast friends on the Alaska cruise last year. They enjoyed being roomies.
I had Liza from N.Y. as my roomie and she was a perfect roomie.
I made fast friends with Showcat who I also met on a vtg singles cruise.

So there is nothing to worry about because your cruise will be more than what you expect. You will have the time of your life. Lots of singles love cruising with a singles group.
Old May 26th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Passenger

Hey Angelgal,

I didn't know you knew Robin. Isn't she a sweetheart? I was so lucky to have met her. Last March when my two children and I went on the Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale, Robin came to our hotel and hung out with us at the pool and then she took us to one of her favorite spots on the beach for dinner. Aruba's. It was great and it was nice seeing her again. I am so happy she found someone. She seems really happy.
I also met Showcat and we hit it off really well on that cruise. She lives in Chicago and I keep meaning to visit her but something always seems to get in the way of me going. She is only five hours from me and I would love to see her again. I will have to do that. So Jessm, there are so many wonderful people to meet but we just have to be outgoing enough to get involved and take a risk. You will feel liberated!!! Really, you will. I am 32 years of age and I am so happy at the places I have been and things I have done so far in my life. YOu will have a great time no matter what, I can reassure you.