Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2007, 11:26 PM
Passenger

Default I have my halloween costume!

Woohoo!!! I'm SO excited!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Yeoman

Hi Jess, can you tell us what your costume is? Or.... do you want to keep it a secret and surprise us?

Send me a message and let me know. Angelga/luci
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:02 AM
First Mate

Jess, I am very happy for you.

I always suggest anyone (male/female) going on a singles Halloween cruise is to get the best costume that attracts the most attention. If you have a hot body get the one that shows off your body. If you don't get the costume that is the most eye catching, the purpose is to bring attention to yourself and people will gravitate and start conversations.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
Yeoman

I just surfed through ebay and there are a lot of cute Halloween costumes on auction. Everybody on a Singles Halloween Cruise wears a costume, so it's not too early to be making your plans. One year I saw someone dressed as a "ghost." They had not brought a costume and decided rather than be left out they would just cut two holes in the cabin bed sheet and throw that on. Problem was--it was hot. They hadn't cut a hole for their mouth so couldn't drink, hard to understand them when they talked, and they wound up taking it off. Then I heard later the cruise line added $20 to their sign-on account for the sheet, because the cabin steward reported it had been "damaged."
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
Yeoman

I have a gal friend who wanted to wear a sheet for Halloween last year but I said, "No, because nobody will know who you are". She bought herself a beautiful costume.
For $20. I am sure someone can dress up like the Blues Brothers. Just pay the $20. for the dark glasses..
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:15 PM
First Mate

Funny thing about Halloween costumes and women they can wear anything and still look good.
Old June 30th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to kevi

Hi All,

Im booked on Carnivals Glory Halloween cruise.
Being from Australia Ive never had a Halloween costume before so any suggestions would be appreciated. is there any does & donts with Halloween costumes??????????????

Kevi
Old June 30th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Yeoman

Kevi, are you male or female.... I can't tell by your name.

Here is my advise. On Halloween night the singles group has a pre-dinner party so you can wear a costume that will be nice and comfortable when everybody goes to dinner after the party.

Don't wear a mask because people usually will not know who you are or don't care who you are. Masks can also be very warm on your face.

Don't wear a costume that is too warm because then you will get super hot wearing it.

The people who wore the heavy WARM costumes had to run to their cabins to change for dinner.
I noticed that the Phamton of the Opera guy costumes also ran to their cabins to change into regular clothes. There were several of them.

I wore a simple sexy nurse outfit that was also great to wear at dinner time. I just took off my nurse hat for dinner.

This is the year of the pirates so I plan to wear a sexy pirate outfit. It will be nice for all the pirates to do a group photo.
Last year there was this guy that looked like a real pirate like in the movies.

Final advise..... just look at websites with costumes and choose something comfortable that will make you look attractive whether you are male or female. The goal is to look good. Angelgal
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to kevi

Hey Angelgal,

Im a bloke, thanks for the tips, I pirate I shall be.

Thanks again,

Kevi
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Yeoman

Hey Bloke! "You can have my chest but not my bootty!!! "ARGHHH". I am a St. Thomas pirate wench and I sail the seas looking for bootty...."Arghh".... "eh"...... Lucie
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Yeoman

Whatever the costume, you're sure to have a fantastic cruise. The Halloween singles cruises are the most popular and also the biggest! And all of you going please post here when you return and tell us all about it!

Pat Hagan, Cruisemates Singles Editor