Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Beginner

Default VTG Halloween cruise

I am considering the VTG Halloween cruise on 10-28, are many going on this cruise? Do most people stay in Miami the night before?
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Yeoman

Hi, you can expect approx. 250 VTG singles on that cruise. All ages. Yes, lots of singles go one day early so they can attend the pre-cruise party located at the International Market-Place located on the Biscayne Bay. The cruise ships are located on the other side of Biscayne Bay. You may be able to see ships from your hotel if your room is super high level.
Hotels near by are Holiday Inn, Courtyard Marriot, Hyatt, and some other hotels that I don't remember right now. You can walk to the International Market Place if you book one of those hotels. You should book as soon as possible because the hotels get booked up fast due to having approx. 6 ships in port. Almost every cruise line is there in Miami. lucie
Old July 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM
booboo4031

I've heard that the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Market Place is already totally booked for the Halloween Cruise. If you're traveling alone, when they post the pre-cruise chat board people usually are looking for pre-cruise hotel roommates.

Diane
Old July 1st, 2007, 03:44 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the information. I am trying to get my friend to go with me, but I may just end up going alone!
Old July 1st, 2007, 03:46 PM
Beginner

Do you think I should book the cruise soon? Does this cruise usually sell out?
Old July 1st, 2007, 07:06 PM
booboo4031

The cruise does sell out and the price has gone up since we booked last October. You can just put a refundable deposit for now. It's refundable until final payment date. If you go alone, you have to decide if you want to pay for the single supplement or do the roommate matching thing.

Diane
Old July 1st, 2007, 07:58 PM
Yeoman

Diane has given you great information. Yes, it is important to book now and put a deposit down. You can always get your money back before final payment 100%. Waiting for your friend to decide is costing you money so just do the match program and if your friend decides to cruise with you...... then she can be your roomie if she decides within a reasonable time. Some friends..... when they have trouble deciding if they want to cruise usually don't really want to go.... so don't wait if you really, really want to cruise for Halloween. You don't want to end up on the waiting list and not cruise.... because the cruise does sell out.
You will have the time of your life on that cruise.

The Holiday Inn is an ughly hotel so it is okay that it is full. The courtyard Marriott is better. There are also hotels in South Beach where you can just take a taxi for $25. to port.

Hi BOO BOO. It's me Luci Ramirez. We have cruised before with vtg.
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:17 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the information. I will probably just book it with a roomate share. I have done that at Club Med and another short cruise and always lucked out and got a great roomate. My friend is considering a week all inclusive, but I am afraid we will be the only singles there and this cruise looks like alot of fun.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
Yeoman

I think you have made a better choice of cruising with a singles group. You will have lots of fun and have the time of your life.

I have been to all inclusive resorts and they are okay but can't compare to singles cruises. At the resorts you are only at one place where on the ships you visit different ports. Luci
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
Passenger

Hi Amy,

I am a 30 year old female that was in the same situation as you, trying to get my friend to come with me. Finally, I just decided to book what I wanted to do, and if she decided to come along, great, but if not, I was still going to go. It's my first vacation by myself, so I'm nervous about that. I'm also nervous about the sharing a room with a stranger, but keeping my fingers crossed. I would reccommend at least putting a deposit down right away. I called them last week and they already had 225 or so people booked. In August, they will be opening up a message board for those of us who are signed up.

Hopefully, see you on board.

Jessica
Old July 2nd, 2007, 08:16 PM
Beginner

I put a hold on the Halloween cruise today! Where else are people staying the night before, since the Holiday Inn is already booked?

Jessica, if my friend does not go maybe we could room together. I am 34.

Amy
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Yeoman

There are lots of hotels on South Beach. Try to find a hotel located near 17ths street where the Outdoors Mall area is located. Plus, you can take a bus to the International Market Place. That would be the closest area to the cruiseport.
Do a search of hotels of South Beach. I have stayed in a South Beach hotel at a moderate rate.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
booboo4031

Once the board opens in August, people will be posting where they are staying and if they are looking for pre-cruise roommates. We're flying in 3 days before and we're staying up in Fort Lauderale. We haven't decided if we we're going to do the pre-cruise party or not. Time will tell.

Diane
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:54 PM
Passenger

Hi Amy,

I booked my cruise through Logan, and she already matched me up with a roommate...I'm not sure that it can be changed at this point. I may be looking for a roommate to share the hotel with the night before if you are interested in that?

Definately looking forward to seeing you onboard. I'm not like one of those stuck up people who only want to hang out with their age range at all, but I am definately interested in getting to know people around my age!!! I'm glad that you're going!
Old July 4th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Beginner

Jessica,

I was able to talk my friend into the cruise!! We will see you on board. We still need to get a hotel for the night before. We will probably stay in South Beach, we went there last year and had lots of fun.

Amy
Old July 17th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to blondeanddanish

I'm booked for the cruise and am planning to fly to Miami on Oct. 27th. Since I am taking my adult son with me and paying double for everything, I was more concerned about price when booking a room. I found a great rate ($85 including tax) at the Miami Airport Day's Inn. They also offer free shuttles from the airport and to the cruise ship. Although meeting the group beforehand at Bayside would be nice, I figure if I don't make it, I'll meet everyone soon enough.

I would like some opinions regarding Miami flight times. Would I be pushing my luck if I were to book a flight that leaves at 11:25? VTG suggested not booking anything before noon. However, I can save considerable and have less layover time if I were to book an 11:25 flight.
Old July 18th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Hi:

Based on my limited travel experience I say 11:25 is pressing it. I'd give you an 90% chance of success. Your risks include wildcards like late ship arrival (propulsion problems or storm issues), the passenger who does a balcony swan dive and has to be searched for, our arabic friends raising the state of airport security, the idiot who delays ship's custom clearing, etc.. How would you get home if 11:25 is a no go? What is your plan B to Nebraska?

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeanddanish
I'm booked for the cruise and am planning to fly to Miami on Oct. 27th. Since I am taking my adult son with me and paying double for everything, I was more concerned about price when booking a room. I found a great rate ($85 including tax) at the Miami Airport Day's Inn. They also offer free shuttles from the airport and to the cruise ship. Although meeting the group beforehand at Bayside would be nice, I figure if I don't make it, I'll meet everyone soon enough.

I would like some opinions regarding Miami flight times. Would I be pushing my luck if I were to book a flight that leaves at 11:25? VTG suggested not booking anything before noon. However, I can save considerable and have less layover time if I were to book an 11:25 flight.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old July 18th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to blondeanddanish

Thanks Dave!! I very much appreciate your opinion and humor. I thought I would be pressing my luck. Plan B appears to be a 3:55PM departure time. I'm not sure I want to sit in the airport for 4 hours. However, for the savings involved ($125 vs a noon departure time), I think I can grin and bear it. I think I'll continue to monitor the travel sites and see what the rates do.

Sandy
Old July 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
booboo4031

I don't know if your hotel reservation is cast in stone but you may want to Check out Fort Lauderdale as an alternate airport. Often it is much cheaper to fly in there. It's about 20 mins to the port. The day the ship comes back, carnival does sell transfers to both airports so you may want to price flights coming into Miami and out of Fort Lauderdale. Maybe you can find a cheaper flight with a better time for you. Or in and out of FLL both ways.

Diane
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Admiral

Hi Sandy:

BooBoo is right about FLL as a possible alternative. It also has way cool saltwater aquariums so kiddo and I don't mind hanging out there for our post noon flights. TV for divers! 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeanddanish
Thanks Dave!! I very much appreciate your opinion and humor. I thought I would be pressing my luck. Plan B appears to be a 3:55PM departure time. I'm not sure I want to sit in the airport for 4 hours. However, for the savings involved ($125 vs a noon departure time), I think I can grin and bear it. I think I'll continue to monitor the travel sites and see what the rates do.

Sandy
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Beginner

This is my first singles cruise. I have booked my own room since my girlfriend decided not to go. I am leaving on the Valor on Oct 28. I am looking forward to the halloween cruise. I was on a Carnival cruise in November of 2005 on the Glory and I loved it. This time I am on my own. I would like to get to talk to some people who are going to be on the trip also. I am 52 and no longer with my husband. Hope to meet some interesting and FUN people!!
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Yeoman

You are going to have the time of your life on the cruise. Be sure to take a camera to take photos of the people in costumes. They are amazing costumes. It is more like a Madi Gra night because people look so comfortable in their costumes that are totally fantastic.

A lot of my friends from California, Texas, Arizona, Chicago will be on the cruise with you. Plus, my Eastcoast Canadian friends will be there too. This is just part of the list.

I think my friend Showcat who is from Chicago will be on the cruise too.
She is a poster on this website. Angelgal/Luci
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Beginner

I'm on this cruise too! My first! I am so excited, I can't stand it. Do most people dress up? I am a plus size gal and don't know if I'll do a costume or not. I am booked at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami the night before and plan on going to the pre cruise party. So I hope to meet you all there!

Kim
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Yeoman

Hi Kim, I am also a plus size. I dressed like a Nurse last year. This year I am dressing like a Pirate. If you really don't want to dress up for Halloween I suggest you dress up in the colors of Orange and Black and wear Halloween jewelry. I know you will look good and fit in also.

YES, ALMOST EVERYBODY DRESSES UP FOR HALLOWEEN. IT IS TOTALLY AWSOME!! You must take photos.

Holiday Inn is just across the street from the pre-cruise party at the International Market Place and only 5 minutes from the cruiseport. Luci
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cim56 Send a message via Yahoo to cim56
Default Ephrata

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmerpa
I'm on this cruise too! My first! I am so excited, I can't stand it. Do most people dress up? I am a plus size gal and don't know if I'll do a costume or not. I am booked at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami the night before and plan on going to the pre cruise party. So I hope to meet you all there!

Kim
Has nothing to do with post. I have a cousin living in Ephrata and works at Tyson Meats. I guess this is the same town.
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Beginner

Yup, same town. Tyson plant isn't in Ephrata though. Small world huh?