Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Passenger

Default SENIOR WIDOW

I will be cruising November 20, 2007 on the Holland American and would like to know if anyone is going at that time to Hawaii. Would love to meet people before I go as I will be traveling as a single. I am a senior single widow. Love cruising and people
Old July 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Yeoman

Macie, you are going to have a wonderful time attracting lots of cruisers to hang out with on the cruise. You don't need a roomie. Just go and participate in the activities on the ship. Take tours of the islands and you will be with a group of people to hang out with. After a while you will find another solo cruiser to hang out with. So think positive thoughts and just go and have tons of fun.. Angelgal/Lucie
Old July 4th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Default Encouraging words

Hi Angelgal,
Your words were so encouraging and I do expect to participate in all activities. I am 80 years young but going on 70 if you know what I mean. I love people and hopefully will meet new friends. I did my first skydiving for my 80th birthday. I noticed you live in LA I am in northern CAlif. Macie
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Yeoman

"WOW"!! My son used to love to sky-dive. I have seen a commercial on t.v. where an older couple tells a younger couple that is their second time jumping from the plane as they get ready to jump off the plane. The young gal looks super scared.

"GO GIRL" You must also be in top health. You have nothing to fear but fear itself. You have already faced sky-diving..... so you are going to have a marvelous time with the other seniors who are still active and young in looks and heart on the HAL Ship.
You should look foreward to having a whole cabin to yourself on a Queen size bed and maybe a sofa to boot. You can come and go as you please and watch t.v. or read late at night until you get sleepy.

It looks to me like you have just started a new chapter of your life. The title of your life chapter is "Dare to Dream and then Make it a Reality".
I am totally impressed by you. You are awsome!

What city do you live in? I live in a condo in Glendale. I am also just starting a new Chapter in my life. I am throwing out old ideas and replacing them with new ideas. I love to cruise and maybe some day we can cruise together on a singles group cruise. I like being around other singles. I have met several senior widows in the singles group.
Angelgal/Lucie
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Yeoman

Hi Macie,

I am Cruisemates' Singles Editor, and I am so pleased you are going on a cruise. I know of many women your age who have cruised "solo" and had the time of their life.

Be sure to go to Cruisemates' singles section and read my articles. I think you will find lots of helpful advice/tips.

Recently a friend of mine who was recently widowed went on a cruise by herself. I had given her much advice, and she said the most valuable was my insistence that she NOT stay in her cabin but get out and move about and meet people. She also said that when she also took my advice and asked to be seated for dining with other singles she was amazed to find how many were onboard. (This was a Holland America cruise which is very singles friendly.)

I also suggested to her that when she went to any of the activities, shows, etc., that she should arrive early and look for anyone seated alone and ask to join them. She said she made many new friends this way, and it didn't matter that some of them were not traveling alone. They welcomed her company
So have a wonderful cruise, and when you return please post here and tell us all about it.

Pat Hagan
Singles Editor