Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Default Vacations to Go August cruise it's not too late to join in!

Note to males the current count has 90 something females only 60
something males on board the Carnival Legend.

Sign up for the Vacations to Go August Singles cruise out of Tampa current prices are

>>>> A portion of this e-mail has been removed due to advertising content.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates' Singles Editor
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2007, 07:00 PM
First Mate

hi showcat, this does sound like a fun cruise, but i'm going on the liberty in november. wish i could do this one also. with a looker like you on board i should change my plans. (just playin) have a great cruise. next year i plan to do a organized singles cruise
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:01 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Vacations to Go August cruise it's not too late to join

[quote="showcat"]Note to males the current count has 90 something females only 60
something males on board the Carnival Legend.quote]

Which is just about even in the ratio of male to females, .

Showcat, I can imagine the stories you will have to tell when you cruise is over.

My first thought is that the surplus of women can choose from the single men who are not in the VTG group, then it struck me there maybe fewer single men not in the group.

One can imagine the 3 to 1 odds for the men in the group and the single women who have to step up to get their attention. Look for alot of back stabbing and catfighting among the ladies.

Watch you back, Showcat.

Beetlegator
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Yeoman

Hey Beetle, we gals don't fight over those stupid men who think we will be chasing them and fighting over them. We look them over and if a man is acting like he is "God's gift to women" we move on.

I have been in a situation where there were more men than women and we gals chose a guy to hang out with and the rest of the guys just hung out together.

Since it is a summer month I expect single/solo guys to also be cruising on their own. The gals will have that option too and just hang out with those guys.

The only evil gals I have met are the ones who chase after our men after they are ours. I am very possessive when I am talking with a guy and if a evil gal tries to take them away from me. I will tar and feather them.
Usually there is only one gal that does that to us gals on a cruise. We all gossip about her evil ways. Even after the cruise is over we compare notes.
Those gals don't book the singles groups again once we have labeled them desperate, crazy, wierd, alcoholic, or con-artist, etc.
"WHAT HAPPENS ON THE SHIP DOES NOT STAY ON THE SHIP"
Only things that happen in LAS VEGAS stays there. Angel gal
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Well said Angelgirl! Bettlegater I am in no way worried about less men. I do not cruise to find romance as you know Im super picky anyway. I cruise to travel and to make friends. I can find romance if I want it's, usually not a problem for me, but that is not my goal. Im simply not looking. Im more excited about seeing the Mayan ruins and going Scuba diving then I am about meeting some guy, I can meet one here at home I have no need to travel for that reason. I will be happy as a clam just being at sea, getting pampered, and doing all the activities. Let the other women fight it out if they want I won't be bothered with it all, I have better things to do!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by showcat
Well said Angelgirl! Bettlegater I am in no way worried about less men. I do not cruise to find romance as you know Im super picky anyway. I cruise to travel and to make friends. I can find romance if I want it's, usually not a problem for me, but that is not my goal. Im simply not looking. Im more excited about seeing the Mayan ruins and going Scuba diving then I am about meeting some guy, I can meet one here at home I have no need to travel for that reason. I will be happy as a clam just being at sea, getting pampered, and doing all the activities. Let the other women fight it out if they want I won't be bothered with it all, I have better things to do!
Showgirl, you have just stated my sentiments exactly. Who needs the drama on a cruise. To be honest, I perfer to talk to, party with, and socialize with the married/attached men. That way there is no one side reading too much into every little word the other side says. Also, once the wives/gf's realize that I am benign and not looking to bonk their men, they are glad to find someone for hubby to dance with at the club every night or join them for dinner or drinks.

90 to 60 sounds about right. I would be happy with those numbers. Enough men to find interesting conversation but not an even enough number for the needy women to believe they are each entitled to a man. That is just crazy.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Yeoman

I once went cruising with a singles group and I was having a late night snack with a guy I met on the ship that was not part of the singles group.
We were having fun talking when a dirt-bag single woman with the nick name of Lava came up to me and said hello and then she proceeded to ask the guy I was talking with if he would like to take a walk with her on the deck. She was totally being disrespectful and rude towards me. I slam dunked her and I told her to move on. She made me really angry and I need to learn to control my temper. But later on a man from our group told us that Lava had said she would have sex with him if he would buy her jewelry. He called her a gold-digger and told her to leave him alone. Some of the gals said she pulled the same game that she pulled on me. To top it off she made a racist comment to a Cuban guy in our group. He got soooo angry he was ready to strangle her. He warned the other guys to stay away from her. She was a real weirdo and everybody ended up staying away from her including the guys. Angelgal
Old July 28th, 2007, 05:47 AM
First Mate

Quote:
No doubt about that Showcat, you told me privately that you have no interest in finding romance unless you want to find it.

It's the other women on the ship that will see you as a threat being a very attractive single woman on a single cruise with more single women than single men (3 to one) let the soap opera begin!!!
Old July 28th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Yeoman

Hey Beetle, pretty gals like Showcat are not really competition or a threat to us gals. Most of us gals have experience and don't need to get catty like you have said to get a man. It is only the weirdo gals who try but don't succeed. We gals want to cruise and not get a man. That is not our main purpose. We just want to cruise with a group.

I have cruised with Showcat and she is a quiet person who if she likes some guy she will want to be friends with the guy. If another gal gets in her way she will just move on to meet other guys.

Most of the men are really nice men and are not looking for a fling. They just want to have cruise fun with the group.
There are some men who just want to have a fling and then there are men who do want to develope a relationship with a gal.
If a guy likes a gal they don't let other gals get in their way.

I just want to say that if there are more gals than guys.... we gals just have fun hanging out with eachother. Our main goal is to have fun on the cruise and in the ports.
If a man shows an interest in me that is great..... if not... that is okay too.
I don't have any problems meeting guys even if the odds are against me.
But I cruise because I just love to cruise. That is my main goal. Plus, it is super fun playing the ice breakers with the group. We have a blast together. Angel gal
Old July 28th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Admiral

I think to book a singles cruise with the purpose of meeting someone is foolish, I've seen some desperate people of both sexes on the ships, people who can't read body language, people with an agenda to get laid, men who act offensive, and rude like one guy who claimed to be a doctor and lifted a womens skirt up while she danced! He was not a doctor as my friend works in the medical field and he could not answer basic questions. I've also seen insecure women who can't be friends with an attractive confident female, because they view other women as a threat, and competion.... Like I said I have better things to occupy my time, maybe it's just laying on deck with a good book listening to the band play and enjoying the sea air.

And there are of course the coolest people who travel for love of travel such as Angelgirl, and some of my other cruise buddies. We enjoy meeting people who are friendly, but not pushy or rude. Men who are gentleman, and women who enjoy other womens company. We try to avoid the flakes. I can hang out with the group or do my own thing. Im very independant, it is my vacation after all and Im going to spend the time as wisely as possible. It's not a popularity contest, it's about enjoying getting away from all the negative stuff and having fun.
Old July 29th, 2007, 06:30 AM
First Mate

Quote:
I think to book a singles cruise with the purpose of meeting someone is foolish, I've seen some desperate people of both sexes on the ships, people who can't read body language, people with an agenda to get laid, men who act offensive, and rude like one guy who claimed to be a doctor and lifted a womens skirt up while she danced!
I disagree Showcat, when companies like Vacations to Go, Cruising for Love and Singles Cruise advertise single cruises they are catering to a niche of customers who are looking for the opposite sex. No matter what you think you will get "desperate people" who will go on single cruises to meet other singles for the soul purpose of love or sex, mostly sex. The reality is only a small group will achieve that goal others will be upset that they will not meet that person and will not return.

I personally can't see myself going on a non-single cruise I still want to meet like people.
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Yeoman

Hey Beetle, Have you ever cruised with vtg singles group?

VTG & Singles.com have many loyal singles who cruise over and over.
I am one of those singles that cruises because I love to cruise and don't like to cruise alone. I don't need to go on a cruise ship to have sex or find someone.
Yes, it is true that some singles go looking for love, romance, sex, or a fling. THE MAJORITY OF SINGLES go cruising together because it is so BORING to cruise ALONE when you can cruise with a singles group.
VTG just got started a few years ago and already they have a long list of singles who are repeat cruisrs with them. There is one man who has already cruised 7 times with vtg. I met him on a cruise and he told me he had the money to go cruising as much as he wants. So he is the top cruiser.
A lot of us are at the 5,4, and three times cruisers. By the end of this year I will have cruised with them 5 times. Plus, I have cruised three times alone. That makes 8 cruises this past year. I only go for the cruise experience and so does Showcat and a lot of my other cruiser friends.
I also have another friend who has cruised 9 times this year and it doesn't even include the next few months that are left in this year.
Angelgal, cruise-addict.com
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:17 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hi Angelgal, I had hope to cruise on the VTG Halloween Party but had to cancel because of another trip to Jamaica for a convention.

One day I will cruise with them and finally meet with you and Showcat one day.
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:38 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Hi Angelgal, I had hope to cruise on the VTG Halloween Party but had to cancel because of another trip to Jamaica for a convention.

One day I will cruise with them and finally meet with you and Showcat one day.
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Yeoman

Bettle, I think you are missing out by not cruising with a Singles group.
I hope you can cruise with us sometime in the future. My plans presently is to keep on cruisng next year too until I find other fun things to do in my life. I have worked hard all my life since I was 14yrs. old. When I started making the big money I started saving it for my future. My future is here now. I am able to do whatever I want to do in life that is fun for me. I am reaping the fruits of my labor like old fashion people say.

I think you will have so much fun on a singles group that you will want to keep on cruising like the rest of us are cruising with singles groups. Luci
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Yeoman

I totally agree with Angelgal. There is no better way for a single to cruise than with an organized group. As I have explained many, many times--cruise lines are offering such great discounts to groups that families are now sailing in large numbers, so unless you happen to find someone else traveling alone, you may be pretty lonely. Singles cruises' offer the opportunity for parties, dancing, shore excursions, dining together, seating together at the shows, etc. Life-long friends can be made. Plus there is always the chance for romance.

I'm updating the singles cruise calendar and will post when it is up and running. The schedule keeps getting longer and longer, which means more and more singles are opting to cruise together.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
Old July 31st, 2007, 01:16 AM
Admiral

Great Pat I can't wait to see what new cruises will be offered!
Old July 31st, 2007, 05:52 AM
First Mate

Angelgal, my first 2 cruises were with "Cruising for Love" and singles group TA.
Old July 31st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Admiral

Default Scuba on the cruise?

Showcat:

You mentioned doing scuba on your cruise. Certified yet? If not, recommend you certify before the trip and at least own your own mask and snorkel. I have a spare PADI open water book you could use to cut down the cost (our shop is now SSI). If not certified, or certified but with minimal dives, you might want to take an Atlantis sub off Cozumel. A bit pricey, but an excellent way to see the reefs down to 120 feet.

Can refer you to the operator we (Dive World) use in Cozumel if desired. Trusted him with my son's first saltwater dives as well as his first deep dives.

Have fun up in the land of Lincoln - down here in Texas I raise one of his scuba diving cousins. 8)

Quote:
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Im doing a non certification begineer dive with shore trips they have small groups of just 4 people per instructor, already booked and paid for. I have a snorkle air tube and mouth piece, but no mask. Figured Id use theirs as I have enough to pack in my suitcases. But thankyou for your offer, if I like this dive I will get certified, wanted to test my allergies and see how I do, before I invest any more money.
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Showcat:

Children's benedryl may help with allergies if you have slight allergy symptons when diving (there is a generic we use at Walgreen's). The issue when diving is that if you take anything stronger it may wear off causing issues in surfacing (reverse squeeze). You will likely find that the salt water clears the allergies - having allergies and asthma is one of the reasons kiddo and I take to the sea - cruises are great for that. 8)

The intro to scuba dive will be restricted in depth. You will have good colors from 0 to 40 so you might consider a Fuji or other underwater disposable camera. BTW, the Atlantis sub previously referenced has lights so some color is restored at the 40-120 depth where everything slowly starts fading to black and white.

BTW, the advantage of owning a mask is to assure good seal and a give you a chance to practice clearing. Salt will sting the eyes a bit so it can be a minor distraction in an intro class.

Enjoy hanging with the fishies.

Dave

Quote:
Im doing a non certification begineer dive with shore trips they have small groups of just 4 people per instructor, already booked and paid for. I have a snorkle air tube and mouth piece, but no mask. Figured Id use theirs as I have enough to pack in my suitcases. But thankyou for your offer, if I like this dive I will get certified, wanted to test my allergies and see how I do, before I invest any more money.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:57 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Great Pat I can't wait to see what new cruises will be offered!
I'd like to see offers from Europe since I've covered all the Caribbean.
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:54 PM
Yeoman

Showcat, you need to buy your own mask because the mask has to fit your face size. If it is too big it will be useless to snorkle or dive. Since you are a petite gal I know you will need to find your size of mask.

Benadryl makes you sleepy so stay away from sleepy allergy pills.
Look for a non-drowsy pills.

DAVE, is right about sometimes the ocean can clear up your allergies.

Always have a buddy close by in the ocean because you could get tangled up with seaweed or get into a ocean problem. I once got tangled up with seaweed and it was really scary for me because I was alone and had to get myself out of a bad situation. I decided I would never go out there again alone. Also..... try to snorkle or dive with an experienced person once you go out in the ocean because the beginners can pull you down if they get scared. That happened to me too in Jamaica. The guy kept pulling me down because we were holding hands. I had to let go of him. He had a life vest on so he could float. I was totally surprized that the guy had no experience in the ocean. It was his first time. A lot of people go into the ocean for the first time thinking they will be okay but the minute they jump in the ocean they end up wanting to get back into the boat.
My last word of advise...."Move your body not the ocean". That means that you can't control the ocean.... you can only control your body movements. If you think that way... you will be calm in the ocean.
Old August 1st, 2007, 04:38 PM
Admiral

Default Diving

Right on the mark Angelgal with the mask, which is why kiddo had his own masks since he started snorkeling at 4. If you are smaller or a kiddo, your own mask is a good idea, ditto your own snorkeling vest and, to some extent, your own fins.

Should have said children's *liquid* benedryl. Again, you have to use very little of something very, very mild and not dive if congested, especially in the lungs. Drowsy is not where you want to be, especially when deep (2-3 times Showcat's depth).

Buddy diving is best, although you ultimately rely on yourself and your skills. The key to having fun diving is confidence and it will be hard to build in just one lesson. That is why many try diving just once.

8)

Quote:
Showcat, you need to buy your own mask because the mask has to fit your face size....

Benadryl makes you sleepy so stay away from sleepy allergy pills.
Look for a non-drowsy pills....

Always have a buddy close by in the ocean...