Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Beginner

Default cruisingforlove.com???

Has anyone utilized this service? What do you think? I'm considering it for the simple reason that the cruise is age specific(25-39). Nothing against the older people reading, but most of the pics I've seen on other sites featured people well into their 40's or 50's. I'm 26...might be more fun to hang out with people closer to my age.

Anyway, let me know what you think about cruisingforlove.com. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:59 AM
booboo4031

I went with them once and never again. They tend to be very small groups and the group I was with did not have an agency coordinator. The coordinator was a passenger within our group.! If we wanted a welcome aboard cocktail party it was an additional $10 per person and there were no other cocktail parties for the remainder of the cruise that were hosted by the agency. The 'activities' were by word of mouth and were things like charades and things like that. There were no organized shore excursions for the group. Just because the cruise says it for a particular age range doesn't mean that it will be 'only' for that age range. If somone older wants to book, they will still be allowed in the group.

You may find better choices out there with a larger group that has wide age ranges from 20's on up. Research all the singles agency that are mentioned on the main page of this site and there is a lot of information in the postings in this section.

diane
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Yeoman

I am a mature gal and no singles company is going to stop me from cruising with them if I want to..... even if they say 20's only.
I heard that group attracts dorks and if you are dorky then you should cruise with them. I would cruise with them if they had a cruise that I really wanted to cruise on because I do like dorky singles. I just like being with a group of people..

Since you are in your 20's..... the best time for you to cruise with a singles group is during the summer, spring breaks, Holidays, and Halloween cruises. Carnival cruise line attracts a younger crowd. So look at singles groups that are cruising on a Carnival.

Based on the 4 singles cruises I have taken.... your age group is the minority. Only a few singles will be in your age group. But the 30yrs. old do hang out with the singles in their 20's. You will gravitate to that age group to hang out with. Angelgal
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:54 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: cruisingforlove.com???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofolite1
Has anyone utilized this service? What do you think? I'm considering it for the simple reason that the cruise is age specific(25-39). Nothing against the older people reading, but most of the pics I've seen on other sites featured people well into their 40's or 50's. I'm 26...might be more fun to hang out with people closer to my age.

Anyway, let me know what you think about cruisingforlove.com. Thanks.
I've done about 10 singles cruises with Singlescruise.com and Vacations To Go and when I talk to anyone who has had dealings with Cruisingforlove.com their comments are all negative. Never cruised with them but based on that I'd stay away. 8)
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:27 PM
Admiral

I was on the ill-fated 02/10/07 Fantasy cruise with this group. Since the cruise never took off, I could not observe them for more than the first day.

The group in general was significantly older than in their 20's. In fact, I would guess that the average age was probably mid to upper 50's.

Didn't look like much of a party crowd but were very friendly people. I would have enjoyed having them on my cruise.

Without knowing a specific group that is cruising together, beside doing one of the short Carnival cruises (3-4 day) which are full of young people, you are going to be hard pressed to find a group that will have more 20's than anything else. I don't know if single 20's are into cruising as much as maybe Cancun, Vegas, or one of the other island land resorts.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Passenger

Default Good cruises

I have been on two C4L cruise, including the makeup cruise for the "Cruise to nowhere". Don't expect too much in the way of pre-cruise customer service. Ann needs to hand off that side of the business to a landbased person. Once onboard all my worries disappear. The cruise directors I have had have been great. They plan tons of stuff to do onboard. I have met a few good friends that I still stay in contact with. So, if you can get past the poor customer service I would go for it. Just be prepared to make lots of calls to Ann before the cruise.

Rob in Tampa
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Passenger

Default Salsa Cruise

I will be on the 8/23 Salsa Cruise, from the cruise salsa msg boards it sounds like it will be lot's of fun, it depends on what your looking for, I love to dance and party and this group fit's me.
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Beginner

Default Cruisingforlove

Hello:

I'm Ann from CFL, and just wanted everyone to know that we do the best we can. Just wanted to say hi to all singles out there that want to take a singles cruise in the future.

We have some great new coordinators, Michael and Leslie that will be onboard many of the cruises.

Michael is a great dancer and will be lots of dance classes and games on the cruises that he will be going on. Michael is also from New York and is a very friendly person who will be introducing everyone to each other. He will be on our Salsa Singles Cruise.

Leslie is great and very organized, and she has lots of fun in store for all of those singles that are going on the Alaska Singles Cruise. She is working on some private tours and games for the singles.

***edited by moderator to remove advertising****

Besides all that, cruising is the best way to go for a vacation as there's plenty to do for everyone.

Ann, ***edited to remove commercial link***
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Default Michael and Leslie are the best

My first cruise was with Michael and Leslie. They are both outgoing and friendly and easy to get along with. I would cruise again with them anytime.

Rob
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Yeoman

That was great that Ann showed up on this message board to tell us more about her singles group. I am always impressed when some of the leaders of singles groups show up to give us new information. Angel
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Beginner

Default Ann from Cruisingforlove.com

Ann was wonderful in helping me with my cruise 2 years ago and was wonderful recently in helping me tremendously in getting my package set up for my cruise this september. She was quick in responding to my emails and answered all of my questions. Ann and the cruise director Michael are awesome! There were always a lot of gatherings, smiles, and laughter. For the singles that were in on this cruise were a lot of fun and they did a great job. I would totally recommend them.