Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Beginner

Default pre-cruise party

Hey
I signed up for the halloween 2007 cruise on the Glory. I wanted to know if anyone has signed up for the pre-cruise party before and if so was it worth the money. I'm not trying to be cheap but it does cost more money and another vacation day.
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Yeoman

Hey Georgia person, the reason there is a pre-cruise party is because it is real important to get to the cruise port city one day early in case there is a problem with your flight since you most likely will have to fly to the port in Florida.
We experienced cruisers have found out that it is so much easier and nicer and restful to get to the port city one day early so we can rest before the cruise. The people you meet on the pre-cruise party will most likely be the people you will want to hang out with sometimes on the ship.

Since you live in Georgia......your next state is Florida. It will be really easy for you to save money by not staying one night in Florida. You will have a short flight on the day of boarding the ship. My advise is to try to find a non-stop flight or a one stop flight. Book your flight with Delta airlines so they can find you another flight if there is a flight problem.
DELTA RULES GEORGIA.. That is their home city.
Try to book a flight that will arrive at your cruise port by 11a.m. so you will arrive in time to eat lunch on the ship and get settled into your cabin by 1p.m. or 2p.m. when your cabin is ready. You can also explore the ship and start meeting the other singles.

My advise is to skip the pre-cruise party and save your money for a port tour. You will save money and a vacation day. I would do that if I wanted to save money and a vacation day.
At the pre-cruise party they only have drinks and snacks and you have to pay for it. Is it worth the money to meet people before the cruise? My answer is "NO". But since I live in the West Coast... I have to get to a cruiseport in Florida one day early so I can rest from the long flight. So it is easy for me to attend the pre-cruise parties.
People who live far away from Florida should go one day early to play it safe because the ship will sail without you if your flight is late.

You are going to have a blast on your cruise. I have two cruise friends that will be on that cruise. Angelgal/Luci
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Larryb3

Hey lost

Angelgal gave you some great advice from a financial standpoint (she knows her stuff) but I went ahead and booked the pre cruise party because I just feel its a great way to meet your fellow cruisers in person and get to know them before you get on the ship. You get to hang out with them in a somewhat different environment (not just on the ship) and like angelgal said, you will probably get a good feel as to who you may want to hang out with (or not ) on the cruise. If you dont cruise often, I say go for it.

Old July 26th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Beginner

Thanks,
I'll make my decision soon.