CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   Some cruise-mates back out at the last minute because..... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/337206-some-cruise-mates-back-out-last-minute-because.html)

Angelgal August 1st, 2007 03:10 AM

Some cruise-mates back out at the last minute because.....

edit

SFFantuzzo August 1st, 2007 12:54 PM

Yes, Angelgal.
I just had that experience with 2 single female cruise-mates who backed out of our 7-day Alaska cruise over the Labor Day weekend (Sept 2-9). That is how I found this website as I am now looking for cabinmates on this cruise, which originates from and returns to Seattle (Sun Princess).
I'm hoping a couple of cruise-lovers who haven't yet experienced Alaska (in my previews cruises, I had asked the ship crew as to their favorite destinations and Alaska came out on top) will adventure with me

Angelgal August 1st, 2007 01:18 PM

edited

IBCRUZIN' August 1st, 2007 02:04 PM

This is just the reason why I travel (and do most things) solo. Women are, by nature, flaky. They are also nurturers so any little thing can come up and they obligate themselves to things they know they either do not want or or cannot do or they sacrifice their vacation plans for the needs/wants of someone else.

All of that is to say that I am willing to be limited to the ships/itineraries that are within my price because I am almost always solo. I lean towards Carnival because of the better deal on single sup and I avoid major holidays.

Small price to pay to never have to deal with this type of problem.

I have a girlfriend who wants to cruise with me next summer. She is welcome to come along but I have already told her she has to get her own cabin. Why? Because she too can be flaky and I don't want her drama affecting my vacation. I am selfish like that.

I suggest if a person doesn't ahve a tried and true dependable person to travel with, it is not worth the risk to your vacation to save a few dollars.

Angelgal August 1st, 2007 07:43 PM

edited

LuvSunnyDays August 1st, 2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelgal
I have to cruise on Christmas Eve to get away from my family members and not be all alone at home. This is why I have booked a cruise with a friend on a 4 night cruise. I have traveled with her before so she is okay.
I don't want to be alone on Christmas Eve.

Luci -- your post is interesting. I've often thought of getting away for the holidays -- but always figured that seeing other families together on a cruise (and enjoying each other's company!) would be even more depressing. I understand that "life is what you make it" and I manage to get through the holidays (which is my least favorite time of year), but you don't find it difficult, even a little?

LuvSunny / Cindy

IBCRUZIN' August 1st, 2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvSunnyDays
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelgal
I have to cruise on Christmas Eve to get away from my family members and not be all alone at home. This is why I have booked a cruise with a friend on a 4 night cruise. I have traveled with her before so she is okay.
I don't want to be alone on Christmas Eve.

Luci -- your post is interesting. I've often thought of getting away for the holidays -- but always figured that seeing other families together on a cruise (and enjoying each other's company!) would be even more depressing. I understand that "life is what you make it" and I manage to get through the holidays (which is my least favorite time of year), but you don't find it difficult, even a little?

LuvSunny / Cindy

The image of a warm and loving family enjoying a cruise for Christmas is a myth. There are by far more people are those ships during the holidays trying to get away from family than there are families trying to get together.

Christmas cruises are full of solos and little two and threesomes. There are also couples and tiny families who have decided to skip the family gathering for a whole wealth of reasons. We babyboomers have raised an entire generation of selfish, ungrateful children. Therefore, there are loads of discarded (throwaway) parents out there who are just now figuring out that it is ME time and are taking what little bit of money, health and energy they have left and enjoying themselves.

One consolation is that our children are really going to being crying and in shock at our funerals when they realized that all we have left behind is an extensive collection of magnets, keychains, souvenir glasses and bone dry bank accounts. :shock: :shock: Hahahahaha! They will be wailing and tearing at their clothes and hair!!!! Hahahahaha!!!

LuvSunnyDays August 2nd, 2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
One consolation is that our children are really going to being crying and in shock at our funerals when they realized that all we have left behind is an extensive collection of magnets, keychains, souvenir glasses and bone dry bank accounts. :shock: :shock: Hahahahaha! They will be wailing and tearing at their clothes and hair!!!! Hahahahaha!!!

That's a riot! I am laughing my freaken butt off at that one!

Angelgal August 3rd, 2007 02:27 AM

Hi Cindy, My first cruise years ago was a Christmas cruise. It was fantastic because we cruised to the caribbean and it didn't feel like Christmas at all. I have been cruising ever since during Christmas time.
I get to meet lots of super nice happy cruisers..... singles, couples, families, crew workers, etc. I mostly cruised SOLO too. I was in my 30's and I would have fun with the crew workers to hang out with during their off time. I even had an affair with a Musician who was a real sweet guy.
I was never lonely.... not even for one minute.

Cindy, you need to try a short 3 or 4 night cruise at Christmas time in order to save some money on the cruise because they are expensive.
But it is worth every dollar. I always have the best time ever.

Cruier Gal, has the perfect attitude about leaving the relatives in the dust and just get away from it all.

I am trying to spend my son's inheritence as fast as I can because he doesn't care about me but I know he will be crying at my funeral and so will my grand-children. I am planning to leave my assets to whoever is in my life taking care of me. Even if it is a stranger that has decided to help take care of me. I may outlive my son because he already has medical problems. I could live to be close to 100yrs old. Long lives runs in my family tree. My son could live to be just 60's or 70's... who knows. I don't want my daughter-in-law to get any money. She has been super mean to me. I have to act like everything is okay between my son and I... just to keep him in my life.

My advise to you Cindy is to make your own plans on what will make you happy at Christmas time and get off the gift giving band wagon. Luci

kevin c August 5th, 2007 07:41 PM

luci, again a popular topic. i look forward to my daily visits to cruisemates to find more interesting topics from you. keep it up. also i enjoy IB CRUZINS take on things.