Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
First Mate

Default Island Princess 9/20/07: 19 days Pacific Panama Canal

This will be my first time visiting Panama Canal. Looking for any tips and/or insights. Much appreciated! Thank you.

I will be traveling alone .... Are there young single travelers out there??
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Yeoman

NO....... ONLY SENIORS IN THEIR 80'S will be on your cruise. Learn to play cards because that is their favorite pass time game. Also pack a lot of books to read. Most cruise ships have a library too.
Seniors go to bed early too so the only fun people to talk with will be the crew workers/bartendars.
Pack some bug spray so you don't get bitten by a mosquito. Learn a few words in Spanish like 'Dos XX's por vavor. "No hablo espanol". Carry a photo of your ship so the taxi driver knows where to take you back to your cruise ship. Beware of a possible revolution. You never know.
HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!! HAVE A BLAST!!! Bad gal
Old August 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Yeoman

Oh... I forgot to add that you may meet a mother and daugher team. The daughter will most likely be in her 40's on up in age. Mom will go to bed early so that way you will have time to hang out with the daughter.

Handy hint, dress in nice clothes to impress the ladies. You never know when you will meet a hottie gal who has gone on the ship for romance. You will have a lot of days out at sea so choose wisely. Take your time in looking at all the gals.

Once you have chosen a gal to hang out with...... buy her a rose for her cabin. Then later on buy her a real silver tiny bracelet that will only cost you approx. $20. If you really like the gal then buy her a corsage/flower for her to wear on the second formal night. Take photos together... I am sure she will be the one to buy the formal photo from the photographers.
Pack a cheapy camera to take lots of photos together.
The important thing is to be classy on the cruise and be polite too.
You will have fun, fun, fun. I promise. Angel
Old August 4th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Admiral

And don't forget a few nice shoes, young PUA-in training. Gals appreciate them. Good hunting!

AG, weren't you in that movie, Dangerous Liaisons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Oh... I forgot to add that you may meet a mother and daugher team. The daughter will most likely be in her 40's on up in age. Mom will go to bed early so that way you will have time to hang out with the daughter.

Handy hint, dress in nice clothes to impress the ladies. You never know when you will meet a hottie gal who has gone on the ship for romance. You will have a lot of days out at sea so choose wisely. Take your time in looking at all the gals.

Once you have chosen a gal to hang out with...... buy her a rose for her cabin. Then later on buy her a real silver tiny bracelet that will only cost you approx. $20. If you really like the gal then buy her a corsage/flower for her to wear on the second formal night. Take photos together... I am sure she will be the one to buy the formal photo from the photographers.
Pack a cheapy camera to take lots of photos together.
The important thing is to be classy on the cruise and be polite too.
You will have fun, fun, fun. I promise. Angel
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 4th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Yeoman

I have heard that people get really impressed by designer shoes for men.
Also, I get impressed when guys wear black silk shirts and pants because it looks good and it feels good. Silk underwear is nice too.

Hey cruiser guy, I would like to be in a real life situation where a guy spoils me with flowers and jewelry. I don't ask for much. 8) AG
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Admiral

So happens silk also comes in handy for layering in winter. Needed silk under the tux while doing Boots and Black Tie. You would have enjoyed that ball, AG.

Quote:

Also, I get impressed when guys wear black silk shirts and pants because it looks good and it feels good. Silk underwear is nice too.

Hey cruiser guy, I would like to be in a real life situation where a guy spoils me with flowers and jewelry. I don't ask for much. 8) AG
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 5th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Yeoman

Hey diver guy, we see things differently in life. I am sometimes misunderstood with what I have to say to people. I don't always understand you either. I received your personal e-mail and I felt it was a negative message. Please don't do that again. Angelgal
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:08 AM
First Mate

Quote:

ARE YOU FLIRTING WITH ME, AG!?!?! (((SARCASM))) I think you're too classy gal, and I am no where near your caliber. I appreciate your insights and I will flower your advices if/when I run into my better half. just teasing with you. And, I hope you do not find my observation offensive or rude.

well, I plan to practice my Espanol during this cruise since I will be in Spain for a month in several weeks. I am also looking forward to several more cruises toward the end of this year =) Thank you again for your valuable insights and tips.
Old August 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Admiral

AG, mea culpa - absolutely nothing negative intended. In the virtual world we just miss all the subtleties and clues that context our everyday conversations.

Indeed, we all see things differently in life, but we all find fun and adventure on the high seas!

Quote:
Hey diver guy, we see things differently in life.
Old August 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Yeoman

Bear, I am just giving you some of my observations of relationships that develope on cruise ships. I have noticed that some gals get real happy and impressed when a guy sends them flowers to their cabin.
I was having dinner with a group of singles on a cruise ship when a gal opened up a box and found a tiny silver bracelet that a guy had given her . It made her soooo happy. They spent the rest of the week together.

I don't like to flirt with the guys on this message board. I have attracted trolls who were super negative towards me. I like to play it safe and just talk to the guys and gals here on cruise-mates.
I enjoy talking about cruising and other things just for fun. My next cruise isn't until Sept. so I try to bring up different topics to keep us all entertained. Sometimes people mis-interpret what I say to them. Angel
Old August 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Yeoman

I forgot to say that my wish is to attract a guy on a cruise ship that will send me flowers to my cabin. If he really likes me.... to give me a small gift of jewelry to remember him on the wonderful time we have had together. That is all I meant. I love flowers and jewelry and I buy them for myself all the time, and for my friends when they have a birthday. Angel
Old August 5th, 2007, 01:57 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
AG, mea culpa - absolutely nothing negative intended. In the virtual world we just miss all the subtleties and clues that context our everyday conversations.

Indeed, we all see things differently in life, but we all find fun and adventure on the high seas!

Quote:
I concur!! Well said, mr divemaster I'd like to learn scuba someday, but it's not on my list this year or next. I am more interested in reaching the sky with paragliding
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Good luck parasailing - alas, an accident involving L5 keeps me from that sport or parachuting.

Just over at Sea World's aquariums today with my nephew and son. Speaking of seeing thing diiferently - most folks never realize that most of our world lives on the other side of the glass - we land creatures are really just the gold fish in the bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster

Quote:
I concur!! Well said, mr divemaster I'd like to learn scuba someday, but it's not on my list this year or next. I am more interested in reaching the sky with paragliding
Quote:
Originally Posted by "xCalBear
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:11 PM
First Mate

parasailing is not the same as paragliding. There's a big difference.
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Admiral

Default Parasailing vs Paragliding

Thanks for the correction - a difference, indeed - must have had cruising on my mind. But neither parasailing nor paragliding will work for me, although kiddo and I see parasailing all the time when cruising. Used to see paragliders up Highway 1 in California, over in Yosemite, and down in Santa Barbara. Kiddo's troop does standard gliders up around Boerne (the SM's an old USAF pilot).

Re parasailing vs paragliding