Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Beginner

Default VTG Baby Boomer Cruise on Feb 24, 2008

Has anyone signed up for this cruise? I will be a first time cruiser, and I am female and plan to pay the single supplement for my own room. My goal is simply to have a fun vacation and not feel lonely because there are only couples or families. I thought a hosted singles cruise would be a good way to avoid that, and I'm considering this one because I fit right into the 40-60 age range. I'm an outgoing person and enjoy socializing with people. Any opinions or advice from the seasoned cruisers out there, especially about VTG cruises, will be very much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:29 PM
First Mate

this cruise does sound good, can i find out more info on there web site? i have cruised three times solo but not on a singles cruise.
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LuvSunnyDays

Saturn -- I'm booked on the December 1 cruise, and it will be my first solo cruise. It was the feedback I received on this board about VTG and hosted singles cruises that made up my mind. There are a number of seasoned solo cruisers that will provide feedback, but I suggest you go into some of the other threads and read some of the comments ... that's what sold me!
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Beginner

Thanks LuvSunnyDays. I will definitely take a peek at the old threads for more information. I have traveled alone to conferences, so I'm already comfortable with that part of it. This is going to be a birthday present to myself (am turning 50!) and I'm very excited about it (the birthday and the trip!)

And yes, Kevin, you can get more info on their website. I e-mailed Holland America and had them mail me their brochure so I could get a better look at the ship's photos. I spoke to someone at VTG about a week ago, and they said about 65 people were already booked.
Old August 18th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave47pgh

Hello,

I've booked my 5th VTG singles cruise this January. You already have the right attitude. Expecting great company. The VTG people are the greatest in seeing that you meet new folks and are entertaining way.
I've been cruising with them for two years now and made some great friends. Two that even visited me on my 50th birthday.
May I suggest that you sign up on there Yahoo group sight when it becomes available so you can meet your fellow single cruiser's. And to also plan on getting to the port one day early for the pre-cruise party.
Hope ypu have loads of fun....