Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 321
Default Confused. Lost. Need answers, please.

Confused??? Sometimes. Lost??? NEVER. Need answers??? Always searching for clues and answers.

Are there any one that can share their insights and tips on Barcelona, Spain?? I will be cruising with X in couple of months from Barcelona, Spain. But, I do not know the physical address of the port. I spoke to Celebrity's travel agents, and they do not know the answer. I also went through this website and tried to search for clues, but no such luck. I would like to know the address and if there is a public metro/bus route to the port? And, if there is a such route, then which metro/bus route number?


I will greatly appreciate any insights and tips.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old August 9th, 2007, 04:46 AM
showcat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,349
Default

Try posting this question in the Ask Cruisemates Staff board or under Celebrity cruise lines message board also on this site. Just clik The cruisemates forum index above.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Divemaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,134
Default Re: Confused. Lost. Need answers, please.

__________________
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old August 9th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 321
Default Re: Confused. Lost. Need answers, please.

Thanks again for your resourceful tips. I got the latitude and longitude from the first url you posted above. That should be enough info to locate the port. I did scan through the second url, but it didn't provide much info on transportation (there was a map of metro, but not much info). I will look closer tonight whenever I get more free time. I will use google maps and zoom into the coordinate, then print out the map. This will be my reference guide when I get on the metro/bus.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Pat Hagan Singles Editor's Avatar
Senior Member
Yeoman
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 553
Default

Thanks, Divemaster, for helping this person. If someone tries hard enough they can always find information on the web.

Barcelona is a very easy city to get around. I have never had a language problem. All bus drivers speak English. Everyone loves to give directions. It's a beautiful city, and I have no qualms about visiting there by myself.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hagan Singles Editor
Thanks, Divemaster, for helping this person. If someone tries hard enough they can always find information on the web.

Barcelona is a very easy city to get around. I have never had a language problem. All bus drivers speak English. Everyone loves to give directions. It's a beautiful city, and I have no qualms about visiting there by myself.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
For the record, not all Texans can ride horse/bull. [/b]
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Divemaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,134
Default

Perhaps so, but every third story I hear at work involves a cow or horse. In a recent management Supply Chain presentation the person speaking had an arm in a cast from trying to stop mama when he was rescuing her calf at the ranch. A few fellow auditors have stock, one gal knows how to weld, and another is a reserve deputy. A few auditees found Javalenas in their garage, I've had possums, skunks and snakes in mine, and one gal had baby alligators in her pool. I audit a nuke plant where alligators hide under your car and turtles roam the parking lot. My son and his scout buddies assist the Former Texas Rangers Association each year.

This is Texas!


Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
For the record, not all Texans can ride horse/bull. [/b]
__________________
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Perhaps so, but every third story I hear at work involves a cow or horse. In a recent management Supply Chain presentation the person speaking had an arm in a cast from trying to stop mama when he was rescuing her calf at the ranch. A few fellow auditors have stock, one gal knows how to weld, and another is a reserve deputy. A few auditees found Javalenas in their garage, I've had possums, skunks and snakes in mine, and one gal had baby alligators in her pool. I audit a nuke plant where alligators hide under your car and turtles roam the parking lot. My son and his scout buddies assist the Former Texas Rangers Association each year.

This is Texas!


Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
For the record, not all Texans can ride horse/bull. [/b]
I am not convince what you're saying is truthful, but I wouldn't mind having you on the same table while playing Blackjacks.. you're a good story teller with a great attitude. :-) Salute to you, sir!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need some answers, please. geojans Royal Caribbean International 11 September 2nd, 2008 08:44 PM
Looking for some answers to my Questions LoriFlorida Disabled Cruisers 5 August 11th, 2006 11:34 AM
Answers to Questions gardencat Norwegian Cruise Lines 15 September 10th, 2004 09:20 AM
need answers about Sun newmexico Nita Princess Cruise Lines 6 July 9th, 2004 10:51 AM
Need some answers! Ann Carnival Cruise Lines 4 April 13th, 2004 11:44 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1