Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:09 AM
First Mate

Default Confused. Lost. Need answers, please.

Confused??? Sometimes. Lost??? NEVER. Need answers??? Always searching for clues and answers.

Are there any one that can share their insights and tips on Barcelona, Spain?? I will be cruising with X in couple of months from Barcelona, Spain. But, I do not know the physical address of the port. I spoke to Celebrity's travel agents, and they do not know the answer. I also went through this website and tried to search for clues, but no such luck. I would like to know the address and if there is a public metro/bus route to the port? And, if there is a such route, then which metro/bus route number?

I will greatly appreciate any insights and tips.
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Admiral

Try posting this question in the Ask Cruisemates Staff board or under Celebrity cruise lines message board also on this site. Just clik The cruisemates forum index above.
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Confused. Lost. Need answers, please.

Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 9th, 2007, 02:51 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Confused. Lost. Need answers, please.

Thanks again for your resourceful tips. I got the latitude and longitude from the first url you posted above. That should be enough info to locate the port. I did scan through the second url, but it didn't provide much info on transportation (there was a map of metro, but not much info). I will look closer tonight whenever I get more free time. I will use google maps and zoom into the coordinate, then print out the map. This will be my reference guide when I get on the metro/bus.
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Yeoman

Thanks, Divemaster, for helping this person. If someone tries hard enough they can always find information on the web.

Barcelona is a very easy city to get around. I have never had a language problem. All bus drivers speak English. Everyone loves to give directions. It's a beautiful city, and I have no qualms about visiting there by myself.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:58 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hagan Singles Editor
Thanks, Divemaster, for helping this person. If someone tries hard enough they can always find information on the web.

Barcelona is a very easy city to get around. I have never had a language problem. All bus drivers speak English. Everyone loves to give directions. It's a beautiful city, and I have no qualms about visiting there by myself.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
For the record, not all Texans can ride horse/bull. [/b]
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Perhaps so, but every third story I hear at work involves a cow or horse. In a recent management Supply Chain presentation the person speaking had an arm in a cast from trying to stop mama when he was rescuing her calf at the ranch. A few fellow auditors have stock, one gal knows how to weld, and another is a reserve deputy. A few auditees found Javalenas in their garage, I've had possums, skunks and snakes in mine, and one gal had baby alligators in her pool. I audit a nuke plant where alligators hide under your car and turtles roam the parking lot. My son and his scout buddies assist the Former Texas Rangers Association each year.

This is Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:58 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Perhaps so, but every third story I hear at work involves a cow or horse. In a recent management Supply Chain presentation the person speaking had an arm in a cast from trying to stop mama when he was rescuing her calf at the ranch. A few fellow auditors have stock, one gal knows how to weld, and another is a reserve deputy. A few auditees found Javalenas in their garage, I've had possums, skunks and snakes in mine, and one gal had baby alligators in her pool. I audit a nuke plant where alligators hide under your car and turtles roam the parking lot. My son and his scout buddies assist the Former Texas Rangers Association each year.

This is Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
I am not convince what you're saying is truthful, but I wouldn't mind having you on the same table while playing Blackjacks.. you're a good story teller with a great attitude. :-) Salute to you, sir!!!